• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Tainted

Finished it on moderate in 16 hours with quite a bit of exploration.

Similar time to my playthrough, did mine in 17hrs with moderate exploration. Probably would have done it in 16 as well if I hadn't sucked so much at the combat.

Personally, I thought the game was maybe 2-3hrs too long....it felt like it was dragging its feet a little towards the end. Minor complaint though for my GOTY contender.

U4meleefinish.gif

Anybody able to pull this kick move? I played through the whole game without triggering it at all.

Twice already both in the jail mission!

Also, managed to do this twice and it always amazes me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1Pg8bTITk

Chapter 8 was so good. I think I spent like 90 minutes on it. Brought back those Uncharted 2 feels. Probably one of my favorite chapters in the series.

As mentioned many times, the IQ in this game is outstanding!! I played through ratchet and clank before this and while r&c also looks great IQ wise, this beauty tops it with ease.

Also dem Details. In a cave when you aim with the flashlight at Sam He is blinded, blinks with his eyes and turns his head away from the Light. Daaaaaaamn.

Also the cutscene with
nathan and elena eating dinner on the Couch
sooo believable and lifelike. You can feel the chemistry between them.

I really don't have the words to describe the feelings I have. The only word I can think of is "magical".

I'm sad that it's over but happy that I got to experience one of, if not the best franchise by one of the best developers in the world.

Lingitiz

To me the OST feels more mature,the main theme especially!
Henry Jackman was a good choice for what they're going for. It's less flamboyant and grand, but more dynamic and intense. Edmonson had a really pulp feel to his music for the first three games, but this one isn't going for that all all.

The default.

cool, thanks.

As mentioned many times, the IQ in this game is outstanding!!
yeah, it just looks damn good. it's almost like oil paintings come to life. the crazy thing is that even this won't look impressive in a few years, especially when Naughty Gods next game comes out.

btw, i'm sad they didn't include Doughtnut Drake, can you imagine how funny it'd be with him in the real time cutscenes?

Kaze2212

This game. I think I'm halfway through now... and wow.

In case anyone still doubting that the cutscenes are real-time: You can use photo mode during those (obviously you can't change the camera angle) and yes you can hide the characters... can't do that with pre-rendered cutscenes... I have to admit I doubted Naughty Dog once that this can't be real-time, but oh well... Why did I even doubt them...

fastmower

Does anybody feel that the aiming is a little wonky? Like there is a dead zone or something odd of that nature. I am having a hard time getting accurate shots off, unlike my experience with TLOU.

Does anybody feel that the aiming is a little wonky? Like there is a dead zone or something odd of that nature. I am having a hard time getting accurate shots off, unlike my experience with TLOU.

YES, i've been thinking the same thing. it feels like there's too much of a dead zone. hopefully they fix it.

Here you go:

Vu7gjDW.jpg

Lmao!

Yup the game is crazy good and I'm only on chapter 6, taking my sweet ass time.
Love the fan service so far, visuals are face melting and the refined shooting and stealth mechanics just make this game play like butter.

I'm surprised but not surprised how ND consistently pull this stuff off with each new game.

WITHE1982

At first it was a little clumsy and the reticle seemed a lot larger than before, but after knocking the aim sensitivity down a notch and getting a few chapters under my belt I'm popping off head-shots left, right and centre. According to my stats around 50% of my kills are via head-shot.

Yeah i don't think it feels so great either. I'll manage but still.. maybe i'll try other settings but there is no setting for dead zone i think.

dude i am freaking the fuck out at the
"TV GAME THING"
!

I'm glad I avoided the whole buzz around that easter egg prior to playing the game, because that moment had my jaw on the floor.
That game was my childhood man. Well... my late childhood anyway. I've so much nostalgia for it.

Melchiah

Uncharted 4 audio profile is up for the headphone companion app.

I completed the game with the 7.1 gold headset and the Uncharted Collection audio profile and it was pretty awesome.

I played the game last night with the original PS3 headset on, and it seems like there's an audio profile for it after all. At least the game automatically recognizes it when it's connected.

I really don't have the words to describe the feelings I have. The only word I can think of is "magical".

I'm sad that it's over but happy that I got to experience one of, if not the best franchise by one of the best developers in the world.

this game's ending and witcher 3's (good) ending are such good franchise closers. just had a big grin on my face the whole time and it's satisfying for somebody who's followed this series from the beginning.

the best uncharted game by far due to the strength of it's visuals, the setpieces, pacing, writing and the improved dynamic gunfights (more vertical than ever)

naughty dog went out on such a high note.

Chapter 4 might be my favorite gaming related chapter ever... The Easter egg, and the feels are off the charts, the writing made me smile from ear to ear. 8 more hours of work dammit.

Tainted

For those who've finished it: How many hours did it take you?

Also, does it show the time log in this game?

Yes, you can see time played in the statistics screen. For me, I finished it in 17hrs with a bit of exploration for collectibles.

Sapientas

Having a blast with the game so far. I'm in chapter 10 now.
Only complaint is that it kinda took too long for the game to "actually start", so many cutscenes and climbing at the beginning.

Endo Punk

I love the rope, so much so its pretty much going to make going back to past UC games impossible, and they already felt dated before the release of UC4. Just swinging it around after you clear an area feels so damn good.

Nyx

Having a blast with the game so far. I'm in chapter 10 now.
Only complaint is that it kinda took too long for the game to "actually start", so many cutscenes and climbing at the beginning.

I loved the start actually. Great introduction to the chars and mechanics.

delume

This is my first Uncharted and sweet baby Jesus it is great. Only at chapter 6 (just finished my first session with it) and the flow between gameplay and cinematics is delicious. I would usually find that balance infuriating in just about any other game but the characterisations are superb and I genuinely want to learn about the people and places involved. I worried I would never feel that investment like I did when playing The Last of Us but now I have hope. Bravo ND!

Loved it when
Sam says, "Here's how I got out of prison" and you are transported there to play it out. Felt so seamless, no rushing with exposition or what not, just spinnng a good tale.

I love the rope, so much so its pretty much going to make going back to past UC games impossible, and they already felt dated before the release of UC4. Just swinging it around after you clear an area feels so damn good.

Yep, the rope is fantastic!

It's such a big thrill jumping first and then using the rope after your jump. The animations when swinging around and for when you crash into a wall are really amazing too.

TsuWave

only thing this game's missing is tlou's brick or bottle. i love the sneaking around, either of those tools would've been welcomed but i guess it would've made the game too easy to stealth through

Top Bottom