• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

Ricky_R

Fuck the controller battery life lol, just died on me at 87% completion and the cable is too short to play with it plugged in. Guess I'll go farm my daily in Guild Wars 2 and finish this a bit later.

Yeah, battery sucks. I got a 10' long usb cable on monoprice for like $2 (tax not included) and it helps in those moments. Check it out.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah, battery sucks. I got a 10' long usb cable on monoprice for like $2 (tax not included) and it helps in those moments. Check it out.

yep thats what i did last-gen with my ps3 too. i had a phat launch ps3 and only played exclusives so the battery wouldnt keep a charge after awhile. didnt want to buy a new controller or replace the battery because i barely touched it. long usb cable worked like a charm.

Um...I think Nolan North just revealed an Uncharted 4 location?!?

Skip to 4:26. He mentions having to pretend the mocap studio is "Italy," even though none of the already-released Uncharteds that he's worked on (1-3, GA, EoI) take place there, not even the U4 demos. Looks like he kinda realizes the mistake & quickly says "England" afterward.
Or it could totally just be a random locale or mixup, given how many games he's done and still doing.

Trevelyan

Banned

Skip to 4:26. He mentions having to pretend the mocap studio is "Italy," even though none of the already-released Uncharted that he's worked on (1-3, GA, EoI) take place there. Looks like he kinda realizes the mistake & quickly says "England" afterward.
Or it could totally just be a random locale or mixup, given how many games he's done and still doing.

Oh god I can just imagine some crazy sequence in the canals in Venice. Please let it be.

zsynqx

Skip to 4:26. He mentions having to pretend the mocap studio is "Italy," even though none of the already-released Uncharted that he's worked on (1-3, GA, EoI) take place there. Looks like he kinda realizes the mistake & quickly says "England" afterward.

I agree for reasons

I think I might pull the trigger on this collection just to balance out all the other games I have that all want me to collect 50 doodads or earn 50,000 doodad points.

A linear, story-driven action adventure done right might be just what the gaming doctor ordered.

I think I might pull the trigger on this collection just to balance out all the other games I have that all want me to collect 50 doodads or earn 50,000 doodad points.

A linear, story-driven action adventure done right might be just what the gaming doctor ordered.
It's funny because it wasn't long ago when people were crying about linear games when open world games never really evolved beyond collectathons and fetch quests and trying to otherwise be cinematic. So it was a bunch of whining for nothing.

Kudos to ND for not buckling.

v0mitg0d

Just in case anyone is on the fence or just plain excited for the release, I streamed about an hour of the game--playing all 3 games--with fellow GAFers and we had a blast. The video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVAdRoZmewk

In addition, my thoughts are:

I've played through Drake Fortune Remastered (1) & Among Thieves Remastered (2). I'm currently nearing the end of Drake's Deception Remastered (3). If you've never played the Uncharted games, love third person action adventure and own a PS4--get this! It's fantastic. This is how remasters should be done. Technical (1080P/60hz) & quality of life improvements (load times, etc) without changing the base game.

This Drake's Fortune is the most jarring for me. Even Remastered it doesn't look as good as I recall, but it's still a damn fun game to play through. Also, keep in mind it's a first generation PS3 game that was released in 2007!

Among Thieves is fantastic, and as it was back in 2009--it's incredibly impressive ti play right after playing fist game. It's fun, frantic, wonderfully paced, hilarious when it want's to be, and still the best in the series.

Drake's Deception is, of course, the best looking and the most technically impressive. In fact, at times I think it's better looking than some current generation games. Revisiting it now, it's actually more fun and engaging than I remember. It does go on for too long in some cases (hallucination section) but the shooting is also the best in the series.

If you're a returning player like me and have the itch to return to the series--I say go for it. It's a blast to play through all 3 games again and it looks amazing! I do wish they would've included a 30hz option much like The Last of Us had, particularly since Uncharted 4 is going to running at 30hz as well.

Also,before the day one patch (1.01) the game never crashed on me once, I never lost progress, or experienced corruption. The only bugs were little animation or minor collision bugs (pre-patch)

Anyway, hope this helps!

Kudos to ND for not buckling.
They're on my incredibly short list of devs that do linear games justice. And yeah, I love open worlds and progression systems, but it has become such a trend that I can play 4 or 5 games in an evening and they all feel like its the same meta resource collection errands, but in very different clothes. Still fun times, but sometimes the quest for extrinsic rewards can take more prominence than simple fun or advancing a story or reaching some kind of conclusion. I guess I've flipped screens to the point where I now look to linear games for some variety.

Just started replaying Uncharted 1 and wow the updated graphics is just beautiful feels like whole new game.

I think I'm one of few that actually likes uncharted 1 and now I'm loving it even more, always liked that old school Indiana Jones type feel to it, I have to say Youtube videos didn't do this game justice.

SomTervo

Skip to 4:26. He mentions having to pretend the mocap studio is "Italy," even though none of the already-released Uncharteds that he's worked on (1-3, GA, EoI) take place there, not even the U4 demos. Looks like he kinda realizes the mistake & quickly says "England" afterward.

It's fantastic how much shit that guy drops by accident just because of his eccentric ways.

So they've taken out the possibility to play with cheats when starting a new game on a higher difficulty? So I'll have to play through all of Drake's Fortune on Crushing without One Hit Kills?

Uncharted 1 really looks beautiful in motion - I never played the PS3 version, so I can't compare, but man the environments look absolutely amazing at times.

Uncharted 2 is my favorite as well, and I can't wait to get to that later on. This is easily worth the money, folks.

NewDust

So they've taken out the possibility to play with cheats when starting a new game on a higher difficulty? So I'll have to play through all of Drake's Fortune on Crushing without One Hit Kills?
I believe it was always the case that tweaks only unlocked on the highest completed difficulty. So if you played through on normal, you couldn't use it on hard or crushing. That is indeed stil the case. Good luck on your non tweaked brutal playthrough ;)

FranXico

Lé Blade Runner;181098242 said:
Uncharted 1 really looks beautiful in motion - I never played the PS3 version, so I can't compare, but man the environments look absolutely amazing at times.

Uncharted 2 is my favorite as well, and I can't wait to get to that later on. This is easily worth the money, folks.

Uncharted 1 received the most graphical improvements (arguably, it also was the game which needed them the most).

Of course, 60 fps makes all three games more enjoyable across the board.

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
I caved and preordered this on the ps store. There are so many games I want to play this season and games I haven't beaten but Uncharted is one of my most cherised series. It will be great to have all 4 downloaded on one console.

ZhugeEX

Banned
They said I'd get free shipping if I ordered 50 copies....

tzrSZIa.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished Drake's Fortune for the first time and I loved it, I did it on normal and even that got pretty hard towards the end, I died a lot. I would give it a solid 8/10 and if that's the worst of the three then the others must be incredible.

Big spoiler:

I really wasn't expecting nazi zombies, they just came out of nowhere. I learned the art of run and gun against those bastards.

I will be starting Among Thieves tomorrow and I can't wait as most people say it's the best one.

Just beat Uncharted 1. Holy hell that game really stands up with modern games with all the effort Bluepoint put into it.

Now onto my favourite Uncharted...2!

I just finished Drake's Fortune for the first time and I loved it, I did it on normal and even that got pretty hard towards the end, I died a lot. I would give it a solid 8/10 and if that's the worst of the three then the others must be incredible.

I will be starting Among Thieves tomorrow and I can't wait as most people say it's the best one.

Yeah, Uncharted 1 is for me the weakest in the series, though thats not saying much as it's still a fantastic game.
If you thought you liked Uncharted 1 then boy oh are you in a great time with Uncharted 2. Definitely the best one.

Solidsoul

Banned
Quick question, never played Uncharted and have not been following news on the collection or this thread. Does the game run well without the day one patch? Is it all fully playable?

I just watched the video from the NX gamer thread and it appears to be. This is information i'd like to know before i would decide if it's time to pick up a PS4.

Loudninja

Quick question, never played Uncharted and have not been following news on the collection or this thread. Does the game run well without the day one patch? Is it all fully playable?

I just watched the video from the NX gamer thread and it appears to be. This is information i'd like to know before i would decide if it's time to pick up a PS4.
Uncharted Drakes Fortune
With Drake's Fortune on PlayStation 4, we're looking at a full 60fps with v-sync engaged. By and large, Bluepoint's work on this remaster turns in a remarkably steady level of performance - a near-locked 60 frames per second in all but a handful of sequences. When slowdown does rear its head, dips below 60fps are not accompanied by any torn frames, with the title maintaining image integrity from start to finish. Of the three games included in this collection, Drake's Fortune turns in the best performance.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-fortune-ps4-nathan-drake-collection-face-off

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
In general, performance issues in version 1.00 are limited to scenes with lots of water or alpha effects. In such instances, we see dips into the mid-50s. We see similar dips in performance during the memorable train sequence as well. It should be noted that slowdown on PS4 occurs in many of the same areas on PS3 as well. On PS4 where dips to 55fps are encountered, instead we see drops to 25fps on PS3. We're hopeful that the 1.01 patch cleans up these issues but even without the patch, performance is still solid.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-thieves-nathan-drake-collection-ps4-face-off

Awesome it came today! Thanks Amazon. Even better than u had hoped. Frame rate is perfect, gunplay feels far better. Beautiful games still.

ktroopa

So my copy from Simplygames also has the yellow dot on the frontcover, meaning mine is from UAE. Their website makes no mention of this, and further there is no foreign text whatsoever on the box. Game patched and runs fine. Not going to sell this collection anyway, but good to know for future orders..

At least it explains how i got my order so well in advance!

Amazed on how good UC1 looks. Should i be playing this on hard or crushing first playthru?

Top Bottom