• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

Anyone else had issues with speed run. i fucked up a few times on the first game. ended with a time of 2:32.13 and still got the trophy for the speed run.

Shin-Ra

Uncharted 1-3 well and truly Crushed.

Uncharted 3's art is just. DAMN!

21527972144_f283d36da6_o.png

21529674203_4dda5e5cff_o.png

How the hell so you beat the final boss in Uncharted 3?
Playing on Crushing, countering all moves dodging all choke holds, and whenever I try to melee with square I get caught in a choke hold again. I've been at it for several minutes feels like no progress.

Edit: nevermind,
wasn't pressing circle fast enough to bite him

hamchan

How the hell so you beat the final boss in Uncharted 3?
Playing on Crushing, countering all moves dodging all choke holds, and whenever I try to melee with square I get caught in a choke hold again. I've been at it for several minutes feels like no progress.

Mashing circle while in the hold?

Shin-Ra

That's the trouble with starting Uncharted 3 on Crushing without playing a lower difficulty first, you don't get to learn the melee buttons properly.

Square = attack
Triangle = dodge/counter attack
Circle = throw/escape grapple

ryanofcall

I just finished uncharted 3 (on crushing)
Can I actually use the "cheats" to get the rest of my treasures/speed run trophies, or will that deactivate the trophies?

Revven

Got to Chapter 22 in UC2.

God, no matter how many times I have played UC2 it's still so good. The pacing is just immaculate and the gameplay is so fun. Approaching the shootout arenas differently is always fun + knowing where certain weapons are makes it great to use them on a playthrough where it's on a fresh save. I just so happen to get some trophies along the way.

Raxus

I just finished uncharted 3 (on crushing)
Can I actually use the "cheats" to get the rest of my treasures/speed run trophies, or will that deactivate the trophies?

Tweaks do not effect speed runs but if you are doing continuous speed runs they are disabled.

Mashing circle while in the hold?
Yeah the weird part is that it's never indicated to use circle to escape an enemy hold, but even after you figure that out of you press circle fast but not fast enough you can still escape without taking damage but don't do the bite to trigger the next sequence. So here I am for 20 minutes taking no damage wondering what i'm doing wrong. Must. Smash. Harder.

antitrop

Finally beat Uncharted 1. God damn that end boss was harder than I remember. Maybe I just suck at video games.

Nah, it's bullshit. His firing pattern is pretty easy to figure out, though, he takes 3 pop-shots that will probably miss, then lines up a real shot that won't.

Finally beat Uncharted 1. God damn that end boss was harder than I remember. Maybe I just suck at video games.
Its really just a mechanic you'd see from a Crash boss or Jak boss or Sly boss, but aren't expecting in a shooter. Same deal with uncharted 2's boss. It's just learn his attack pattern (three quick shots, short pause, fourth shot, long pause, repeat) then using the long pauses to clear enemies until you advance to the next stage.

3/4 done with the UC2 campaign. I just love seeing the list of rewards unlocked increase as I play through and get all the treasure.

Any general tips for what to do in 2 on Crushing difficulty? I already did it for 1 and I made plenty of use out of aiming around walls to get headshots, but with how much more dynamic enemy encounters are in this I'm pretty sure I won't be able to approach it exactly the same as the first game.

Elitist1945

Nah, it's bullshit. His firing pattern is pretty easy to figure out, though, he takes 3 pop-shots that will probably miss, then lines up a real shot that won't.

Its really just a mechanic you'd see from a Crash boss or Jak boss or Sly boss, but aren't expecting in a shooter. Same deal with uncharted 2's boss. It's just learn his attack pattern (three quick shots, short pause, fourth shot, long pause, repeat) then using the long pauses to clear enemies until you advance to the next stage.

What made it worse was that I'd run out of ammo.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Good god, Uncharted 2 is still the best game ever made. I am more than positive this remaster has improved animations and shooting mechanics for Uncharted 2, my memory may be playing tricks on me though. I don't ever remember Uncharted 2 having this satisfying combat.

Also the pacing and set pieces are still mind blowing. No next gen game comes close.

I don't plan on picking the game up until around black Friday.

So this maybe a stupid question, but is there a limited number of U4 Beta access codes? Or regardless of when I get the game, a code comes with every new copy?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

The easiest way to do it is to just break his boxes and he runs away, leaving you clear to take out the others.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't plan on picking the game up until around black Friday.

So this maybe a stupid question, but is there a limited number of U4 Beta access codes? Or regardless of when I get the game, a code comes with every new copy?

its doesn't come with any codes. it looks like you'll need a disk to redeem the beta from the store

Damn Drake's Fortune on Crushing is hard. The game took me a half chapter before my save last night. Has this ever happened to you ? I will save the game manually before I exit the game from now on

zsynqx

Replaying Uncharted 3, it really has some fantastic music. I hope Uncharted 4 will be able to satisfy in that department.

Composer is Henry Jackman if you want to look up some of his work. Neil said his work on Captain Phillips is his favourite, not sure if that means anything :p

Just beat DF on Hard... The hell with Crushing, I might even back down to Normal for AT.

There was so much about DF that I'd forgotten since my original playthrough in 08. It was great to rediscover the first title. Can't wait to dive in AT tomorrow.

antitrop

Just beat DF on Hard... The hell with Crushing, I might even back down to Normal for AT.

Nah, U2 is so much easier than 1 by the nature of its encounter design. Enemies don't spawn in from bullshit angles and numbers are far more reasonable.

I got the 250 Headshots Trophy for U1 waaaayyyyyy earlier than I did in U2, because there are so many fucking enemies in U1.

Gah, Uncharted 2 isn't hitting me as hard as the first time around on PS3. Too much autopilot platforming, too many real time mini-cutscenes that can't be skipped. Hope Uncharted 4 cuts down on this stuff down a bit. Mixing up climbing and combat is still fantastic, however. Dat fucking street sign shootout.

robotrock

Banned
Uncharted 1 Checkpoints Failed/Restarted = 97
Uncharted 2 Checkpoints Failed/Restarted = 155
Uncharted 3 Checkpoints Failed/Restarted = 133

All full playthroughs on normal difficulty. I suck at these games.

Yeah, that was hot shit.

Even that little turret fight in chapter...7 I think, tickles my fancy. Right after you meet
Elena
, you're faced with a turret you have to flank. Thing is, you can flank either left or right and both choices involve climbing. It's a short, but sweet and satisfying encounter with a neat bit of player agency thrown in with the two paths.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Gah, Uncharted 2 isn't hitting me as hard as the first time around on PS3. Too much autopilot platforming, too many real time mini-cutscenes that can't be skipped. Hope Uncharted 4 cuts down on this stuff down a bit. Mixing up climbing and combat is still fantastic, however. Dat fucking street sign shootout.

Complete opposite for me. Not sure if its Blue point magic but Uncharted 2 has aged like fine wine. Hell it puts MGSV to shame in my opinion. Both are 3rd person shooters so its a fair comparison.

antitrop

Uncharted 1 Checkpoints Failed/Restarted = 97
Uncharted 2 Checkpoints Failed/Restarted = 155
Uncharted 3 Checkpoints Failed/Restarted = 133

All full playthroughs on normal difficulty. I suck at these games.

I purposefully abused dying to boost weapon kill Trophies, so I have like... a ridiculous amount.

Kvik

You know, I wish Uncharted has more platforming section. I wasn't the best at it either with the original Tomb Raider (and Anniversary) but I loved the platforming in those.

At this stage I'd even predict the platforming in UC4 will eclipse Rise of the Tomb Raider (based on the 15 minute gameplay impressions)

robotrock

Banned
I agree with everyone here that Uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of video games
I purposefully abused dying to boost weapon kill Trophies, so I have like... a ridiculous amount.
Didn't even think about that. I'll use this to get some trophy hunting down tomorrow.

Finished UC1 and UC2 up to this point. Replaying these games is just showing me how magical the Uncharted series really is, can't wait to go through 3 and I can't even imagine what 4 will bring to the table.

Complete opposite for me. Not sure if its Blue point magic but Uncharted 2 has aged like fine wine. Hell it puts MGSV to shame in my opinion. Both are 3rd person shooters so its a fair comparison.

With the Uncharted games I just feel like I'm not performing relevant actions for quite enough of the playtime. Walk or jog slowly here, linear climbing section there (I fucking hate chapter 1 of UC2 and think it's a huge grind with zero tension), occasionally grind the action to an unskippable halt so the characters can exchange a few quips. Game is a bit weak for me outside of combat.

I certainty don't hate the games. I platinumed all of them on PS3 and plan to do the same on PS4. But I find myself really souring on certain aspects over time.

Top Bottom