• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

TheJoRu

Just finished Drake's Fortune, took exactly 6 hours. Good game. Could've used more gameplay variation, but good nonetheless. Really looking forward to diving into U2 and U3.

Ogawa-san

Man, UC2 is like ME2. Gameplay is so much better than UC1's...

I can't even tell for sure what makes it, but just not being welcomed by bullet sprays on sight every time is enough to take most of the frustration out of it. I'm playing it on hard this time and yet it feels easier.

Up to the ice caves in UC2, game is still so goddamned good.

Haven't replayed the game in 3 years. Got very excited to play it again over the last 2 weeks. Basically bought the collection just to have it at 1080/60 (and for the Beta, obvi).

Uncharted 2 is like putting on some comfortable clothes. Until you get to the end of the game and you realize there's a stain on your shirt and it needs to be washed. But man before you notice that stain you're so comfortable.

Completed DF on Crushing as my first (PS4) playthrough of it and I must say, it was MUCH easier than my attempt at a Crushing run on PS3. The
plane crash
sequence slaughtered me, constantly. I think I had hit the checkpoint in that area while having next to no ammo, so that doomed me. Had a lot of fun patiently working through the game and savoring it, brings back so many memories :) Pretty much all the deaths I experienced I laughed off because the Uncharted death ragdoll is often times hilarious, especially from pointblank shotgun blasts and grenades!.

Can't wait to get back to this today after having a break for couple of days. Hoping to finish Drake's Fortune today so I can get into Among Thieves. I'm taking my time with the collection though and trying to find every collectible on my first run.

GRaider81

Playing through DF on crushing. So many memories. Haven't played in years but its amazing how much you remember.

Game looks great too

ktroopa

Just finished Drake's Fortune, took exactly 6 hours. Good game. Could've used more gameplay variation, but good nonetheless. Really looking forward to diving into U2 and U3.

im about to start UC1, was your playthrough at a casual pace or did you take the time to find treasures also?

Can you change costumes right at the beginning or do you have to unlock them?
I bought the collection despite having played all three games numerous times on PS3, lol. I hope it's worth it ^^

Bluenoser

I haven't played UC1 in so long, so it was almost like playing a new game. In saying that, of course I forgot where the treasures were. I'm curious fellow GAF'ers, how many UC1 treasures did you find?

I got 45/60 - not bad at all I must say. I can live with going back to find 15.

Raxus

I haven't played UC1 in so long, so it was almost like playing a new game. In saying that, of course I forgot where the treasures were. I'm curious fellow GAF'ers, how many UC1 treasures did you find?

16, gotta find the strange relic ;)

I just used treasure guides since I have played through all 3 blind before but never 100% any of them.

TheJoRu

im about to start UC1, was your playthrough at a casual pace or did you take the time to find treasures also?

I'd say it was mostly at a casual pace. Didn't really stop to search extensively in areas, though I did go take a look sometimes in suspicious corners, and I took the effort to get them whenever I thought I saw some twinkle nearby. I got slightly less than half of the treasures.

nib95

Banned
Up to the ice caves in UC2, game is still so goddamned good.

I just stopped there too. Game is so damn good. Characters are just awesome as well, every single one. Drake, Elena, Sullivan, Chloe, Tenzin, Flynn etc. Narrative and sense of purpose wise, everything flows incredibly well too. The globe trotting feels relevant, never random or pointless.

cyba89

Finished with Uncharted 2 now. Really good game, but I think Naughty Dogs best game is still The Last Of Us for me.
I will probably take a little brake before starting Uncharted 3. After finishing two games in one week I'm a little burned out right now.

FAL is the beast. It was in both SP and MP (UC2).
Don't get me wrong, I like the FAL, but it doesn't stack up to the speed/precision of the pistols.

The starting pistol is pretty damn good
The 92FS is beast.
The revolver is a killer, but ammo is too limited
The Desert Eagle is.... I'm not a fan. Sure it's got power, but it's slow, and its no better than the lesser pistols if you are landing headshots.

When it comes to assault rifles, the AK is pretty must crap, the M4 is a step up, and the FAL is king. Just wish you could fire it in semi-auto mode. The 3 round burst wastes a lot of ammo.

Holy shit, UC 1 looks amazing.
Yeah, it really holds up far better than I expected, and 60fps makes the vehicle sequences (truck/jet-ski) so much more enjoyable/manageable. With the jet-ski I just cruised past everyone without engaging. Back on the PS3, with the game running at 20fps in those sections, controlling the vehicle was a bit more difficult.... as was shooting out of the truck. Bluepoint really did a great job.

zsynqx

I just stopped there too. Game is so damn good. Characters are just awesome as well, every single one. Drake, Elena, Sullivan, Chloe, Tenzin, Flynn etc. Narrative and sense of purpose wise, everything flows incredibly well too. The globe trotting feels relevant, never random or pointless.

Agreed about them getting the globetrotting right in 2. Once you hit Nepal it is basically one continuous piece of gameplay without having you teleport around

Philippo

Finally finished UC1.
Great game, had a blast playing it, could be a 10 if it wasn't for the god-afwul
zombies
and some annoying encounters layout.

Solid 8/10, noe will take a little break to continue with MGSV and then onto Among Thieves.

Bishop89

Im upto chapter 15 or 16 I think of DF..

Im almost about to face a
Descendants

Scared the shit out of me when I played the game in 08!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The chandalier scene seawater's not rendered properly in the U3 remaster. :( Hopefully it's a random occurrence like God of War III's wall texture which I fortunately never experienced.

https://youtu.be/FR6JD7Uaeec

Here's how it's supposed to look:

http://gifyu.com/images/Uncharted3seaglass.gif

Wow, that does look like crap. If it's something that always/often happens I hope they patch it before I get there. That scene looks amazing on PS3, would be a big shame if it was permanently downgraded.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The chandalier scene seawater's not rendered properly in the U3 remaster. :( Hopefully it's a random occurrence like God of War III's wall texture which I fortunately never experienced.

https://youtu.be/FR6JD7Uaeec

Here's how it's supposed to look:

http://gifyu.com/images/Uncharted3seaglass.gif
Argh, they really nerfed the scene that was the standout in an already incredible looking game. Actually probably the best looking scene in any game last gen.

Also, they've done something to the colors in general in UC3 remaster. It feels ever so slightly less vibrant than the PS3 original. I guess I could correct for that on the TV settings though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Im upto chapter 15 or 16 I think of DF..

Im almost about to face a
Descendants

Scared the shit out of me when I played the game in 08!

The trick, as you might already know, is
to run-n-gun without aiming with the shotgun. Just aim the camera in their general direction and pull the trigger, and it's basically an auto-kill. Makes them so easy, even on crushing.

Bishop89

The trick, as you might already know, is
to run-n-gun without aiming with the shotgun. Just aim the camera in their general direction and pull the trigger, and it's basically an auto-kill. Makes them so easy, even on crushing.

Yeh I know. Hell, use to do that with regular enemies on the ps3 version lol.

I just freaken hate
monsters!!
that chase!!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeh I know. Hell, use to do that with regular enemies on the ps3 version lol.

I just freaken hate
monsters!!
that chase!!

Also, the PS3 version freezing half the time you play that scene, lol. I assume that has been fixed in the remaster though.

PR_rambo

Banned
Just finished Drake's fortune yesterday, beat it in a little under 5 hours.

Wow what a face lift, the visuals are incredibly stunning, and they worked miracles on the character models. The gameplay still suffers the most jank, aiming is still the worst of the trilogy, but vastly improved that I had a much easier time getting through the encounters.

The platforming is really hit or miss at times, and I cannot say it enough...terrible boss encounter. Bullet sponges ahoy.

That being said, the exceptionally strong voice acting and storyline makes it a solid game nonetheless. 7.5-8 ish game which is not bad considering this was Naughty Dog's first foray into the TPS Genre.

EDIT: I LOATHE the Jet Ski

Robiin

I'm replaying Drake's Fortune and the acting and cutscenes are still top-notch, but man the gameplay is janky. The animations aren't as smooth as I remember, and the encounters are not very well-thought out. I can't wait to get through this amd start 2 though. And never played 3, so looking forward to that as well!

antitrop

39 and the Strange Relic without a guide. I think my Crushing run is going to be my "get collectibles with a guide" run. =/

I rushed through Uncharted 2 a lot more and only got 20 + Strange Relic (even though there are 100+1 in U2).

Raxus

Playing through UC2 on Crushing. Up to chapter 8ish. Really not bad at all so far. Although some of the early sections are going to be awful on Brutal mode.

Man controls are night and day compared to Uncharted. I am no longer attached to cover like sticky glue, controls are all around more responsive. Aiming and weapon variety is much better.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got my third and final platinum yesterday, so that's my goodbye to the collection.

Watched a vid for some skips or tricks for the U3 ch7 speedrun trophy, and here's a useful one: normally about halfway through there's a brute fight, but you can skip that if you head left immediately when entering the area. That's a huge time save, otherwise it's a lot harder to make it in the time limit. The other chapter trophies are very easy.

jeanRicK

... I LOATHE the Jet Ski

This ... so, much. Easily the worst part of the game for me :|

Finished my first time through Drake's Fortune yesterday (playing on Normal). Overall, I really enjoyed this game. Started out a little bland but by the end it picked up nicely at the end. Jumped straight into Among Thieves afterwards; the jump in quality was startling. Tighter controls and way more cinematic :D

Shin-Ra

Eek! Has BluePoint said anything about that yet?
It's up to ND/SCEA to communicate that I think.

There's also a portrait painting in the chateau that's super low-res, not-finished-loading on PS3 quality but it never loads and everything else nearby looks fine.

And I don't know if the 1.01 update fixed Nate's mouth getting stuck open in Drake's Fortune.

psychotron

It's up to ND/SCEA to communicate that I think.

There's also a portrait painting in the chateau that's super low-res, not-finished-loading on PS3 quality but it never loads and everything else nearby looks fine.

And I don't know if the 1.01 update fixed Nate's mouth getting stuck open in Drake's Fortune.

I tweeted naughty dog and bluepoint about it, linking to the post. Bluepoint isn't very active on twitter though. Mostly old Titanfall stuff.

Just finished Uncharted 1, gotta say I had a big smile plastered across my face during certain points, all the memories of playing this gem in 2007 came rushing back. Shoutout Eddy Raja :D

Bluepoint also have to be commended for doing a fantastic job with the remaster. The visuals got a great lift and the controls are also much improved though clunky in phases, especially when in cover and floaty jumping. I'm sure UC2 will be a smoother experience.

Playing UC4 next year will be such a ride coming off this collection.

robotrock

Banned
This game still looks insane!

S2xu453.jpg

Absolutely bonkers.

Top Bottom