• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

Alo0oy

Banned
If I understand correctly, U3 was developed side by side with Last of Us, and the latter got a large chunk of the creative team behind U2.

That's been debunked a million times & I'd rather not do that again.

There's more in common between the staff in UC2 & 3 than UC2 & TLOU, both UC2 & 3 had the same creative director (aka. the one in charge of the entire game), level designers, & scenario designers.

What I find funny is that people still think that Druckmann's narrative style is closer to 2 than 3, which couldn't be further from the truth, I'm willing to bet my account that UC4's narrative would be much closer in style to UC3 & than 2.

& just FYI, Druckmann wanted the desert level in Uncharted 3 to be 4 times longer than it was (yes he worked on UC3, but people are still under the false impression that he didn't).

If you found the narrative in UC3 to be too personal, you're going to be extremely disappointed in UC4.

zsynqx

There's more in common between the staff in UC2 & 3 than UC2 & TLOU, for once, both UC2 & 3 had the same creative director, level designers, & scenario designers.

What I find funny is that people still think that Druckmann's narrative style is closer to 2 than 3, which couldn't be further from the truth, I'm willing to bet my account that UC4's narrative would be much closer in style to UC3 & than 2.

& just FYI, Druckmann wanted the desert level in Uncharted 3 to be 4 times longer than it was(yes he worked on UC3, but people are still under the false impression that he didn't).

If you found the narrative in UC3 to be too personal, you're going to be extremely disappointed in UC4.

Well that just isn't true.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps3/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/credits

His name definitely isn't in the credits and it is common knowledge he was doing preproduction on TLOU.

EDIT: Also who said Druckmann narrative style was closer to 2; Uncharted 2 is a rollercoaster and Last of Us is paced much slower. You seem to be under the impression that people didn't like the narrative in 3 because of it's style and themes when the reality is that they just didn't like it because it was poorly paced and just not very well written.

hamchan

There's more in common between the staff in UC2 & 3 than UC2 & TLOU, for once, both UC2 & 3 had the same creative director, level designers, & scenario designers.

& just FYI, Druckmann wanted the desert level in Uncharted 3 to be 4 times longer than it was (yes he worked on UC3, but people are still under the false impression that he didn't).

I don't see Druckmann's name in the credits.

Alo0oy

Banned
Well that just isn't true.

His name definitely isn't in the credits and it is common knowledge he was doing preproduction on TLOU.

Let me find the interview for you.

The specific quote was from Arne Meyer, he said Druckmann would sometimes help in UC3 when production was idle in TLOU, & that he wanted the desert level to be four times longer, I'll try to find the interview.

Alo0oy

Banned
EDIT: Also who said Druckmann narrative style was closer to 2; Uncharted 2 is a rollercoaster and Last of Us is paced much slower. You seem to be under the impression that people didn't like the narrative in 3 because of it's style and themes when the reality is that they just didn't like it because it was poorly paced and just not very well written.

That had nothing to do with the narrative style though, but the VAs leaving mid-production.

Alo0oy

Banned
This isn't the interview that I was talking about, but he kinda says the same thing here, Druckmann gave the idea of returning to the well in UC3's desert section, in another interview he said that Druckmann wanted Drake to return to the well four times.

https://youtu.be/MWg8A5eKRb4?t=1189

It's at 19:49

zsynqx

This isn't the interview that I was talking about, but he kinda says the same thing here, Druckmann gave the idea of returning to the well in UC3's desert section, in another interview he said that Druckmann wanted Drake to return to the well four times.

https://youtu.be/MWg8A5eKRb4?t=1189

It's at 19:49

Aha arne even says he was working on TLOU and not on Uncharted 3. I am really not sure what point you are trying to make.

Alo0oy

Banned
Aha arne even says he was working on TLOU and not on Uncharted 3.

Yes, but he also helped with UC3 as well.

Naughty Dog doesn't have separate teams, they never did, & that's been said many times before, the developers there work where they're needed, & they hopped back and forth between TLOU & UC3.

EDIT: To answer your question, a lot of UC3's "critics" didn't like the desert level, & in their mind the desert level was too long & that Druckmann would never write something like that.

zsynqx

Yes, but he also helped with UC3 as well.

Naughty Dog doesn't have separate teams, they never did, & that's been said many times before, the developers there work where they're needed, & they hopped back and forth between TLOU & UC3.

EDIT: To answer your question, a lot of UC3's "critics" didn't like the desert level, & in their mind the desert level was too long & that Druckmann would never write something like that.

You are reaching there buddy. I guess by your logic then Amy Hennig must be responsible for Ellie's ai never being seen in The Last of Us because she was in the building.

Also it is a well known fact that they had two creative teams during Uncharted 3, TLOU and Uncharted 4(initially). Druckmann/Straley didn't work on Uncharted 3, Hennig/Richmond didn't work on TLOU.

nib95

Banned

What do you mean by desert level exactly? Has their been anything specific about which parts of it Druckmann worked on? Because if you meant the actual walking through the desert after the crash segment, then yes, I absolutely would have preferred it to be longer, and have some level of exploration as well, instead of being strictly linear.

Currently working my way through UC 3. The set pieces are gorgeous and epic, but damn, some of the firefights are very annoying due to the lack of reactions from enemies when they're getting pelleted by bullets. They don't even reload their weapons and will just march their way up to your covered position terminator style as you're unloading a shotgun shell into their face..lol

I do love how viseral the guns sound, though. I actually flinched the first time I fired off a round from the sawed-off shotgun. The puzzles have been quite clever as well, so far. Looking forward to what they have conjured up for UC 4!

Alo0oy

Banned
You are reaching there buddy. I guess by your logic then Amy Hennig must be responsible for Ellie's ai never being seen in The Last of Us because she was in the building.

Also it is a well known fact that they had two creative teams during Uncharted 3, TLOU and Uncharted 4(initially). Druckmann/Straley didn't work on Uncharted 3, Hennig/Richmond didn't work on TLOU.

That wasn't my point at all.

Druckmann suggesting that the desert level be longer is in no way comparable to "being in the same building". Like, at all. People said Druckmann would never write something so long like the desert level, which is incorrect because he actually suggested that.

I think it's about time people stop deflecting what they didn't like about UC3 into delusional scenarios like the game having the B team (incorrect), or having a different creative director (incorrect).

You don't like Uncharted 3? That's completely fine & understandable, but people should stop making up realities regarding that game, it didn't allegedly suck because of those made up realities, it did because you didn't like it, which is a perfectly valid thing to say.

& We know the Uncharted franchise didn't have the same directors TLOU did, but the core team was still mostly the same.

EDIT: I actually think Uncharted 2 is vastly superior to Uncharted 3, for many reasons, but Uncharted 3's shortcomings had nothing to do with the mythical scenarios a lot of people built up over the years.

nib95

Banned

Druckmann suggesting that the desert level be longer is in no way comparable to "being in the same building". Like, at all. People said Druckmann would never write something so long like the desert level, which is incorrect because he actually suggested that.

I think it's about time people stop deflecting what they didn't like about UC3 into delusional scenarios like the game having the B team (incorrect), or having a different creative director (incorrect).

You don't like Uncharted 3? That's completely fine & understandable, but people should stop making up realities regarding that game, it didn't allegedly suck because of those made up realities, it did because you didn't like it, which is a perfectly valid thing to say.

& We know the Uncharted franchise didn't have the same directors TLOU did, but the core team was still mostly the same.

I don't really buy that. You haven't been very specific with your sources and information regarding what roles these different people played, and I would argue that it doesn't matter whether the bulk of the team is or was mostly the same, because it's the directors, lead designers etc that ultimately make the final calls, cuts and shots.

zsynqx

Who are these people! :p

EDIT: I actually think Uncharted 2 is vastly superior to Uncharted 3, for many reasons, but Uncharted 3's shortcomings had nothing to do with the mythical scenarios a lot of people built up over the years.

Hint: the real key isn't Druckmann or Hennig, it is Straley! :)

Alo0oy

Banned
I don't really buy that. You haven't been very specific with your sources and information regarding what roles these different people played, and I would argue that it doesn't matter whether the bulk of the team is or was mostly the same, because it's the directors (creative, design etc) that ultimately make the final calls, cuts and shots.

Uncharted 2 and 3 had the same creative director, Amy Henning made all the final decisions regarding both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

And that's my point, people made up a reality where those games had a different director, and then chose to live in that reality.

The real reality is that, one person is capable of making a great decision and a poor decision at the same time, if you like UC2 more, it was because you liked Amy's decisions in 2 but not in 3, NOT because of that made up reality.

Who are these people! :p

Pretty much every UC2 vs UC3 thread.

Alo0oy

Banned

That is a valid argument actuallu, because he actually was Amy's right hand in UC2 but not in 3. So it's something that's actually true (from the gameplay side at least).

I have no problem with criticism regarding UC3, I agree and disagree with a lot of it, but I think making up stories regarding the studio and some developers is in very poor form. And I think we've reached a point where those made up stories are believed to be true by a lot of people, even in this very thread, which is a thread visited by more informed enthusiasts.

wilflare

getting started on the Collection.
never got the Platinum on the 3 games on the PS3

is there a good trophy guide for the Collection?
- just started on UC1 (went with Normal... but perhaps I should have gone with the highest difficulty)

zsynqx

Uncharted 2 and 3 had the same creative director, Amy Henning made all the final decisions regarding both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

Actually the final decision would be split between the game director and creative director who are equals. Oh look I have a source for my comment! https://www.idlethumbs.net/tonecontrol/episodes/neil-druckmann @48:50

Like I said, Straley is the key ;)

Edit: Although for me I feel TLOU is far superior to UC2 :p

Alo0oy

Banned
Actually the final decision would be split between the game director and creative director who are equals. Oh look I have a source for my comment! https://www.idlethumbs.net/tonecontrol/episodes/neil-druckmann @48:50

Like I said, Straley is the key ;)

I was talking about the creative decisions, both her and Straley made final decisions regarding two separate parts of the development, Amy on the creative side (writing, art style, pacing..etc), while Straley made decisions on the game side (level design, encounter design, weapons...etc).

Of course it's more complicated than that, as both of them work together to make sure that the creative side and gameplay side flow together.

nib95

Banned

And that's my point, people made up a reality where those games had a different director, and then chose to live in that reality.

The real reality is that, one person is capable of making a great decision and a poor decision at the same time, if you like UC2 more, it was because you liked Amy's decisions in 2 but not in 3, NOT because of that made up reality.

Pretty much every UC2 vs UC3 thread.

I wasn't implying that Amy was to blame, rather that Straley being key in a project has led to more successful results, and it is likely that he works well alongside Druckmann.

UC3 hit reactions are kind of a problem I guess. You can just play around them by not staying out of cover as long and going for more headshots. Doesn't really bother me. As Nightengale said, some of the gains are tremendous.

You of all people my dude.

There are no gains when the act of shooting enemies looks and feels so completely flat, and the reliable stagger from both previous games, a means of controlling enemies and creating opportunities for yourself, is totally missing. Compound that with the melee system and downright amateurish encounter design and I see nothing to applaud Uncharted 3's combat for. Simply placing some of the encounters in wider arenas is not a cause for celebration alone. Like, good lord, the shipyard is THE one section of the game where these issues eat away at what could've been a legitimately great combat setpiece. I'll never understand the praise for it. Everything looks and feels so messy.

Maybe when UC4 comes out and we experience more moments like the PSX demo with wide, better designed firefights that don't rely on a ton of B level enemy placements + monster closets, with shooting that isn't less satisfying than UC1, and with a cat & mouse stealth dynamic that actually functions in practice, people will finally look back like "Y'know what those encounters in the third game were pretty trash, they got it right this time."

nib95

Banned
Aside from the lack of hit reactions from enemies in UC3 (though there is still blood splatter response), the actual guns sound and feel better than they do in the other two games. In UC3 they actually sound pretty realistic, loud and threatening, even the little starter pistols. There's a much better selection of weapons too.

You of all people my dude.

There are no gains when the act of shooting enemies looks and feels so completely flat, and the reliable stagger from both previous games, a means of controlling enemies and creating opportunities for yourself, is totally missing. Compound that with the melee system and downright amateurish encounter design and I see nothing to applaud Uncharted 3's combat for. Simply placing some of the encounters in wider arenas is not a cause for celebration alone. Like, good lord, the shipyard is THE one section of the game where these issues eat away at what could've been a legitimately great combat setpiece. I'll never understand the praise for it. Everything looks and feels so messy.

Maybe when UC4 comes out and we experience more moments like the PSX demo with wide, better designed firefights that don't rely on a ton of B level enemy placements + monster closets, with shooting that isn't less satisfying than UC1, and with a cat & mouse stealth dynamic that actually functions in practice, people will finally look back like "Y'know what those encounters in the third game were pretty trash, they got it right this time."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I am surprised that so many people have problems with that desert sequence. It's only like 5 minutes long and pretty well made. Go play the desert wandering sequence in Breath of Fire 3 if you want to bitch about something.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

idzqaeqyxeaa5fzkhz.gif

nib95

Banned
I am surprised that so many people have problems with that desert sequence. It's only like 5 minutes long and pretty well made. Go play the desert wandering sequence in Breath of Fire 3 if you want to bitch about something.

I thought the entire desert sequence was amazing. Yes it's linear and simplistic, but it is absolutely gorgeous, emotive, and incredibly well directed, with beautiful use of music, tech, camera angles, distancing and movement. Also, they nailed the sand tech, and the way it aesthetically reacts to Drake and the wind.

I honestly am a bit upset that the first and perhaps last game with these characters we get on this magnificent hardware features a character as iconic as Sully as some sunken, frail old man. I get that ND are all about story... But couldn't it be about adventure and not whether or not Nate is crazy because of his past and treasure hunting? Screw the ludonarrative dissonance criers. I don't really need a
"Nate, you're gonna get him killed/he's too old for this/I'm upset with you because you said you were done" angle
AGAIN.

Both that Elena gif and Sully gif hurt and not exactly on the emotional level they're going for.

But as I've said in the past, I'll still be along for the ride but it won't be anywhere near the greatness it could be without the above mentioned story jank. And that includes all of a sudden having a brother.
I kind of agree with you. It's a bit tiring that Nate and Elena are fighting AGAIN.

OT, I can't wait to play this. So so close to just purchasing but I promised myself I'd save it for the Christmas holidays as I probably won't have good internet.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
just finished Syria I don't think I ll finish my U3 remaster run. I'm not having fun at all. maybe the game is fine on lower difficulties but on crushing nah
my problem with desert section of U3 is that its it could have been a 2 minute cutscene. there is no environmental story telling in that and there was no need for a down beat moment there, unlike walking sections of TLOU and U2

Falling for Xtortion bait in 2015.

Can't even tell when he's joking while talking to him, it's impossible through text.

And I was gonna post what I posted regardless so whatever. Shots fired, wrong man down *shrug*. Hope he was wearing some UC3 armor and didn't flinch

What I figure is really happening, and what I felt once I got some space from UC3, is that the desert section itself isn't the issue. The desert is just a slightly more extreme version of the village from UC2 in terms of it's role in the game's pacing. What really irked people about the desert is that the first half of the game was already filled with slow moving moments, so by the time you get to the desert it's like "Ugh again?" They abused their "slow the player down" privilege with a poorly paced first half, so the desert, being the most marketed and talked about "slow the player down" moment in the game, catches flak it probably doesn't deserve.

cyba89

I was not a big fan of Uncharted 3 in the first half of the game but I have to say I really enjoyed the whole section from
the ship graveyard to the sinking cruiser.

wouwie

Just finished UC1 again. Hard seems to be what normal was in the PS3 versions (or maybe i got a little bit better at playing?). All in all, i enjoyed it despite having played it so many times already on PS3. From a visual and atmosphere point of view, the whole monastery area is still one of my favourite areas of all 3 games. The buildings and art direction looks great and it has a great autumny misty dark atmosphere going on.

I'm going to take a little break now but i look forward to playing UC2 already.

Man I must be really blind. So far I've only been getting like half the collectibles per game. Heh

I also actually got just bit over half in Drake's Fortune and I was taking my time looking for them. We'll see how I'll end up with Among Thieves, but at the moment I might be doing a bit better.

kyser73

Just started the chateau level in UC3 and I'm bowled over at how good it looks.

Doing this play through & watching the UC4 previews I cannot wait until March!

Yes. People underestimate this guy and overestimate Druckmann (although he's of course very talented). Straley is the Game Director, on both Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us (and Uncharted 4). As far as I know, it's the Game Director who decide to implement a thing or not on a game. It's him who shape the game. And this guy did NOT worked on Uncharted 3.

Knowing him on Uncharted 4 is a relief for me, I have absolutely no concerns.

Zushin

Finished platinuming Drakes Fortune, now up to Chapter 5 in UC2. The jump in frame rate and fidelity from the PS3 is insane. So much more fun to play with the improved responsiveness.

Shin-chan

To me these games are the definition of last gen at its best (and by this, I mean the majority of AAA Western games were aiming for similar things as Uncharted but Uncharted achieved it best) and playing through the collection has confirmed that. Uncharted 2 is a game deserving of all the praise it got at release and still holds up well today because of how it flows and the varied encounter design right up to the end. It's mechanically dated but then so is RE4 in many ways and no one would tell you that game doesn't hold up anymore.

It's going to be interesting to see how things change with 4 and whether Naughty Dog can raise the bar again like they did with 2. I'm one of the people that thinks Straley is the man who made U2 and TLoU great gameplay experiences, while Hennig and Druckman respectively controlled the narrative. After seeing how the gameplay in U2 holds up, I have no concerns about that in 4. As fun as the Uncharted stories are, though, The Last of Us was a huge step up in writing in terms of the characters and the subtlety of the moment to moment dialogue. I'm looking forward to seeing how this translates to Uncharted. It will tell us if Druckman just got lucky (which I don't think he did) or if he is a great writer.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
After a few days away from my PS4 I finally get to start Uncharted 2 tonight. Haven't played since it released on PS3 and after enjoying Drake's Fortune a surprising amount, I'm really excited about it.

teokrazia

But that leaves us with 3. Heading into it, I wasn't actually expecting 2 to get topped, and merely wanted another fun uncharted romp. But 3, just as much as the jump from 1 -> 2, is a very different game from their previous outing. While there are clear moments that look to match(or even one up) uncharted 2 in the setpiece department, the pacing magic is no longer here, and the game feels very cut up and stop-go all over the place. A glacial opener, jumping around areas constantly instead of having a more directed free flow feel to the progression, etc. all crop up. Drake will one minute be in syria on a bus with Cutter and Chloe, then cut to Yemen never to see the previous characters again. Get abducted to an area with zero plot relevance for a huge chunk of the game then magically wash ashore...somewhere(I guess Yemen). The game in general also takes on a much more combat heavy focus in the later stages, with the few puzzles being front ended. That said, though the series always had simplistic puzzles, the ones that you go through in 3 are much better than before so it's a shame they pretty much vanish after chapter 11.

However, pacing isn't all that it takes for 2 to be held as highly as I put it, as those little moments I mentioned such as the billboard shootout are key. This heads more into the combat which is where 3 is seriously heartbreaking. On launch when I originally played 3, the aiming was noticeably fucked up the moment I tried to aim. Funnily enough there's a quote very early on from Sully where he asks if you forgot how to aim, and that was definitely true at the time as Drake was apparently drunk. Thankfully this has been ironed out for the collection here and I can aim like a sober human being, and that really does go a long way to make me like the game more. But at the same time, it also makes the issues with the core design of the combat stick out that much more.

There are three main issues with the very strange combat changes in UC3. To preface this I think I get what ND was trying to do; utilize movement much more to make for active and exciting firefights where you aren't just plopped in cover. Being able to throw back grenades actually has a large impact against this, as it almost promotes camping. Previously, a grenade would be thrown to flush you from your cover, opening the enemy up for a killshot. With that no longer being a flush, it's now up to the enemy itself to do it. This leads into bullrush suicide charges where guys will go without any cover just to run directly where you are, which is...weird. I posted this in here before which is the type of thing that happens, but for an extended test I actually intentionally stayed back here. What happened? Lo and behold, literally every enemy in the entire encounter actually ran right over there to get beat up. You can hear Cutter almost constantly getting into fistfights, and it's particularly apparent around 2:03 as the enemies that were shooting at me just give up and run right in the open. The video got cut off a bit at the end, but you can still catch the final 2 people running towards me. It's ridiculous looking, and actually problematic because of the next combat change.

Melee! UC3 seemed to really want to have Drake use melee attacks. There are multiple brawls where it's just him vs. a bunch of enemies you punch and counter out. In its own right these are fairly dull moments that mostly just have some cool camera work and a lot of interactivity in the environment, but the design in these sections actually seeped into the main game for some baffling reason. O, the button that is always used to take cover and/or roll is now mapped to GRAB AND THROW. This is unbelievably idiotic when you have a gun, as the standard melee fights in 3 take quite awhile to resolve. Naturally, this means one thing: An enemy is right next to you, and there is no escape. Try to roll away, and Drake now grabs and tosses the guy in that direction. The enemy throws a punch and suctions you into him, which is almost guaranteed to kill you. Two examples of this: here we see a guy punch me and the game might as well have killed me there--look how long the melee takes to do anything, and I'm under fire the whole time. Special note for this is it happened right after I died, it spawned me in this area I was not previously at while under fire(it's a stealth segment the first time), UC3 also does that a lot for some reason. Here is another one that shows how well and truly fucked you are. I threw a guy while I tried to roll...had this been UC2 I would have been able to roll away and blindfire once I saw all those people I ran into. Enemies that rush you mixed with this problematic melee is already a recipe for frustration, but what's the magical third piece?

Hit reactions! I keep seeing it mentioned in this thread, and yes, in 3 specifically the enemies love to shrug off bullets like they're no big deal. Like...I don't even know what happened here? How on Earth did the game coming after UC2 go backwards in such a key spot? This is primarily a TPS, which in its most simplest terms means you shoot many dudes with a bunch of guns. Feedback is, like, the most essential part, y'know? What the hell is this? That's an enemy that holds a laser sight on you, and after it being beaded in on you, leads to an instant kill. He manages to hold it in sight for long enough to pull this off while being pointblank blasted a whole bunch of times. Or this, again, power weapon user that isn't getting interrupted under fire. This is another compounding issue that despite the videos focusing on particularly rough occurrences is omnipresent in every shootout. We got bullrushing dudes with vacuum melee that also like to ignore bullets when they feel like it. Now that sentence is scarier than most horror games I've ever played.

Ultimately, even if 3 lacked the flow of 2, I would still be alright with it being a normal ass uncharted game, but the combat just outta nowhere is such a mess. Like I just wrote all those paragraphs and I still didn't cover multiple huge topics, like the spawning system. This is the worst occurrence in the entire game to me, in the cruise ship. First, you start here. A lot of pressure right off the bat, but eh. Once they're taken care of, there are immediately dots on your back as enemies came in from the door up above and almost cheap shot you in a super blatant fashion. But that room gets worse even after you switch sides pre-emptively for the backwards spawn. When a single enemy remains from that side, they do it AGAIN and have a bunch of people spawn behind this side. It's like you take a box, put the player in the corner, lock them in that corner with heavy fire, then punish them for not moving out of it by lighting them on fire until they have the magical ability to telegraph when the game pulls something like this. So now that's added into the mix above, where you have a frenetic combat system that wants the player to keep moving, but with actual backwards spawning on top of the enemies already running around like a bat out of hell makes it overwhelming and sloppy. If it isn't outright spawning like that, it's other power weapons out of nowhere. You can't have this happen to a player, where they fight through a combat wave, move up and trigger a spawn which lights them up with no damn warning. It's not like these are new to the series, there were plenty of rockets, grenade launchers, and snipers in UC2--they were just placed with tact in ways that didn't lead to TKOs outta nowhere. The moment the combat starts to become 'die, learn the spawns, kill the priority targets, breeze through' it should be apparent something is off. It feels videogamey as hell in some masochistic trial by fire with some of this stuff. Another example here. The enemy type near the end of the game is also a pain in the ass and is capable of teleporting right behind you. Thankfully they're only present for ~3 or so encounters.

So...yeah, man. Some weird stuff happened in 3, and it really pains me to once again come to this realization. Where 1 is an alright TPS, 3 is just actively annoying and rarely shines when it comes to the actual structure of the combat zones. It's an absolutely gorgeous game with a nice soundtrack to boot, and finally added some punch to the sounds of the guns, but there's sadly not much else for me there. Has a few solid moments(I still like the Chateu chapter the best), and where they were heading with the Sully and Nate relationship was nice but in the end I put UC2 leaps and bounds above the rest of the games, and still hold 1 higher than 3 in the end even if all three aren't without their warts. I really hope 4 pulls off what I know ND is capable of, and I can hold another UC game in a very high light. At the very least give me some damn hit feedback.

Nice analysis.
I agree with most of your points.
UC3 was broken, annoying, dumb in alot of regards and, according to what I've played of the Remastered, still is.

leng jai

Uncharted 3 seriously looks insane in this remaster. It could easily pass as a current gen 30fps title. The lighting alone is far more natural than UC2.

They really did upgrade the gun sounds in 3 for this remaster, which is puzzling because the they left the first 2 games untouched.

How hard is the speed run trophy? I've never done a speed run in a game before and I don't want to try to do it any wastes two hours. Is there some tips anyone could give?

Top Bottom