• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So with this Remaster, people are finally realizing that Chloe >>>>> Elena, right?

Beat Uncharted 2 last night. Amazing game and the ending boss fight still
sucked horribly even on hard.
I don't think I have it in me to go back and do Crushing. Too many other games to play atm. Uncharted 3 will get started this week.

I don't think I have it in me to go back and do Crushing. Too many other games to play atm. Uncharted 3 will get started this week.

Curiously, I died way less on Crushing than I did on Hard at that boss. I guess I was more cautious.

Reebot

All those guys are smart, they sure are not as smart as Nate though. Plus they have lots of resources and man power to make things easier for them.

I dunno about that.

Marlowe and Friends went 20 years before someone said "hey doesn't that Drake guy have the ring?"

And Drake went 20 years before waking up one morning think "oh right they have the decoder, I completely forgot about that." He was about to leave the ring on a skeleton on an island in the middle of who knows where.

Edit: sorry for forgetting tags

ok that's three games in a row how the hell do the bad guys keep finding the shit that you're in that's supposed to be super secret. I understand it's so you can have fire fights but still.
Because Drake is a crazy asshole who strives on all this manufactured drama, and needs to enact a story where he's the hero.
Besides the usual ruthless killer argument, he always leads heavily armed bad guys to these treasures and ruins, which he usually proceeds to blow out or help blow out. He's a mindless killer and history's biggest vandal all rolled into that wholesome smile.

Basically this is what he does:
- antagonize dangerous people, sometimes by stealing from them.
- go looking for a legendary place no one (including nazis) has ever found.
- help the aforementioned dangerous people reach that place, which is even more dangerous than them.
- proceed to kill hundreds of armed guys.
- blow that place and the head bad guy, meaning he's actually more dangerous than any threat he's faced.
- get back together with Elena.
- start thinking about the next mythical place to find and blow to pieces and what kind of sociopath to rope in, while wondering why Elena has left. Again.

To be fair, he's been working on that act for two decades. Elena might have been the only person who saw through his bullshit, while Sully has been acting as an enabler all along.

Dominator

I also just beat 2. I'm saving all 3 Crushing playthroughs for next year sometime, just too much stuff to play lol I got all the other trophies though.

hawk2025

I also just beat 2. I'm saving all 3 Crushing playthroughs for next year sometime, just too much stuff to play lol I got all the other trophies though.

I'm going to be doing Hard on all three, then Uncharted 4 on Hard, and eventually all four again on Crushing. Seems fitting :p

I assumed Drake's Fortune wouldn't have aged well, but it's been a blast so far.

Because Drake is a crazy asshole who strives on all this manufactured drama, and needs to enact a story where he's the hero.
Besides the usual ruthless killer argument, he always leads heavily armed bad guys to these treasures and ruins, which he usually proceeds to blow out or help blow out. He's a mindless killer and history's biggest vandal all rolled into that wholesome smile.

Basically this is what he does:
- antagonize dangerous people, sometimes by stealing from them.
- go looking for a legendary place no one (including nazis) has ever found.
- help the aforementioned dangerous people reach that place, which is even more dangerous than them.
- proceed to kill hundreds of armed guys.
- blow that place and the head bad guy, meaning he's actually more dangerous than any threat he's faced.
- get back together with Elena.
- start thinking about the next mythical place to find and blow to pieces and what kind of sociopath to rope in, while wondering why Elena has left. Again.

To be fair, he's been working on that act for two decades. Elena might have been the only person who saw through his bullshit, while Sully has been acting as an enabler all along.

seriously if Elena still keeps leaving him after 3 games maybe it's time he realizes that they're not meant to be together.

Dominator

I'm going to be doing Hard on all three, then Uncharted 4 on Hard, and eventually all four again on Crushing. Seems fitting :p

I assume Drake's Fortune wouldn't have aged well, but it's been a blast so far.
I was fearing the same and it really wasn't bad at all. Still a shit ton of shooting compared to the other games but it's not bad at all, really enjoyed it.

God damn Uncharted 3 looks sooooo good. I also realized you can't use photomode if subtitles are on and someone is talking. So I turned them off.

Photomode is shockingly limited. You can barely move the camera at all, and I was getting a treasure in
young Drake
section of U3 and wanted to get a closer look at the treasure in-game and photomode wouldn't even activate because the hallway was too narrow. What even?

Finished Uncharted 1 for the first time since when I first got my PS3 back in 2009. The game is definitely fun but you can see how much ND has learned since their first outing. Time to go onto one of my favorite games, Uncharted 2!

The Flash

Banned
Finished Uncharted 1 for the first time since when I first got my PS3 back in 2009. The game is definitely fun but you can see how much ND has learned since their first outing. Time to go onto one of my favorite games, Uncharted 2!

Just finished it for the first time. Definitely see how and why Uncharted got to where it is now. 2 is off to a good start as well.

Solo Act

If I buy the Uncharted collection digitally, could I only download part 2 if I choose or do I have to download the entire collection?

Raxus

I played them all on PS3, but remember loving 2 in particular. Not really wanting to play through 1 and 3 with the 2015 holiday games coming out soon.

You must own all 3 sorry. But you can hop straight to two if you want.
UC2 hid the collectables in ridiculous places. I mean, why would a small statue get stuck at the edge of a cliff?
Tell me about it. I fault nobody for using a guide, some are in REALLY obscure locations.

Acorn

You must own all 3 sorry. But you can hop straight to two if you want.

Tell me about it. I fault nobody for using a guide, some are in REALLY obscure locations.
Fuck the collectibles. One of the worst type of collectibles I've seen in the last decade.

It's snes rpg level of obscure shit.

Gray Matter

Replaying the trilogy is making me really hyped for UC4, even more knowing that naughty dog has come a long way since UC3.

Hurry up March.

Mikey Jr.

This is my problem right now.

Do I use a guide as the same time I play, lowering my enjoyment of the game (constantly checking back to a guide), but only having to play through it once, or play normally, but having to do a second playthrough just to get the collectibles?

KadeYuy

Uncharted 1 I was able to get all treasures without a guide. The second one I used a guide after beating it.

Tip: chapter select campaign, fast motion, 1hk, infinite ammo, any gun, glowzor skin

Mikey Jr.

Uncharted 1 I was able to get all treasures without a guide. The second one I used a guide after beating it.

Tip: chapter select campaign, fast motion, 1hk, infinite ammo, any gun, glowzor skin

Yeah, I'll probably do this.

I actually want to enjoy the games.

wilflare

that sounds a good way to go around it.
I'm not say if I want to reply the game in Crushing... or just play on Easy (I completed this on Normal on PS3)

This is my problem right now.

Do I use a guide as the same time I play, lowering my enjoyment of the game (constantly checking back to a guide), but only having to play through it once, or play normally, but having to do a second playthrough just to get the collectibles?

Play through normally and enjoy the game. You can clean up any treasures you missed in the chapter select after.

I'm so disappointed that UC1's melee combat is still such a bitch to time. =(

I was hoping they'd make melee the same across all three games like they did aiming.

zsynqx

Uncharted 4 needs a new girl because the male cast is much better as it stands. Chloe and Elena have both overspent their welcome.

B7f0r99IEAAwqcN.jpg

She is being played by Merle Dandridge as well (TLOU, Half Life 2)

zsynqx

Anyone that's not in line with the main character is a villain

Like Flynn? You still got some quality time with him in the game. I a pretty sure in all the marketing for UC3 we thought Cutter was a villain as well. So I wouldn't count it out that Drake may be co operating with any of these new characters. That is what I am saying.

Edit: I suppose you could describe them as villains still, but I am going to assume they won't be as "mustache twirling" as the older games.

Reebot

Edit: I suppose you could describe them as villains still, but I am going to assume they won't be as "mustache twirling" as the older games.

No please no

Uncharted games need brutal villains with no redeeming qualities. Take that moral complexity out of here.

zsynqx

No please no

Uncharted games need brutal villains with no redeeming qualities. Take that moral complexity out of here.

Aha maybe you are right. I suppose it fits the tone but I would like a villain with at least a bit more depth than previous games. You can have that with the campiness.

I am not asking for TLOU levels of greyness in terms of morality, just villains with believable motivations other than 'I am an evil warlord' etc. Kind of like they attempted with Marlowe (although completely failed).

Reebot

Aha maybe you are right. I suppose it fits the tone but I would like a villain with at least a bit more depth than previous games. You can have that with the campiness.

I am not asking for TLOU levels of greyness in terms of morality, just villains with believable motivations other than 'I am an evil warlord' etc. Kind of like they attempted with Marlowe (although completely failed).

I dunno, I'm completely fine with "I am evil" as the motivation. Going even further, I think its the best approach.

These games are basically the old adventure serials (and Indiana Jones) taken to ridiculous extremes. They don't need complex villains because they barely need storytelling. Just an interesting mystery, some funny banter, good pacing, and clear resolution.

Just have some asshole murder someone on camera so I know he's evil and we're good. It worked in 1, it worked in 2, and it'll work again.

Top Bottom