• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

sprocket

Banned
quetz67 said:
One of my main complaints too. I didnt expect a sandbox game but the path to go is too obvious. And worse, there is no reward for exploring. You just find the "invisible" walls where you expect them, no secret pathes to some extra ammo/weapon or an epecially beautiful vista.

Its a demo. :/

quetz67 said:
One of my main complaints too. I didnt expect a sandbox game but the path to go is too obvious. And worse, there is no reward for exploring. You just find the "invisible" walls where you expect them, no secret pathes to some extra ammo/weapon or an epecially beautiful vista.

Actually, I have a feeling there will be such things. Since the demo is only made of so few sections, there is one that has asmall side path that I didn't discover till later playthroughs and has a stratigic advantage and looks awesome when you have bullets wizzing past the trees as you run behind them.

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
If people remember in the press kit some pointed out how there was a DJ Shadow mix for the Uncharted soundtrack. Well Sony's updated their blog with it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/12/uncharted-the-el-dorado-megamix/

Downloaded rawr!!!
Indifferent2.gif

wowfactor

Banned
Jea Song said:
Wrong! The textures are loaded on the statue. The reason why you dont see them is because there is a blur effect. The backpack has full normal mapping as well. Certain angles blur out some of the textures. Its the blur effect. Try positioning the camera to look at the backpack in detail. You can see where it the blur effect goes in and out of focus.

Stop,

You didn't play the demo or lack some basic observations.

I have played through the demo about 5 times and I can't wait until it comes out. The 19th can't get here soon enough!!!!!

Also, that DJ Shadow remix is hot!

BeeDog

Could a kind soul please put the DJ Shadow Remix on Rapidshare/Megaupload/something similar? Don't feel like creating an account just for that track. Thanks in advance! :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
quetz67 said:
yes, I know, but it is from the final game

I hope there will be some secrets to discover in the final version, would be a pity if exploring doesnt get rewarded.
Don't worry, there are secrets. Lots of them apparently.

VonGak!

Banned
quetz67 said:
yes, I know, but it is from the final game

I hope there will be some secrets to discover in the final version, would be a pity if exploring doesnt get rewarded.

I wouldn't expect the exploration to be to a greater extend than in God of War and MGS3 (which IMHO is perfect).

Firewire

Banned
Blimblim said:
Here is the first result of TTP's work with us, this first 10 minutes of Uncharted. I know 99.9% of you guys have already seen this, but I'm still very happy we managed to make this happen :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5511_en.html
(mp4/xvid versions are still encoding, won't be long)

Good work guys!

Blimblim, Gamersyde is becoming my favorite place for game video's on the net. How come your video's always look 10 times better than everyone else's?

REV 09

dark10x said:
So you're saying that this...

1065_0001.jpg

...looks WORSE than this...

926632_20070921_screen005.jpg

???

That first Uncharted shot looks awesome (though the shot itself is loaded with awful compression artifacts).
ehh i would call those bad shots of both titles. as for the halo shot, i didn't care for the look of that level...imo, it was one of the least impressive levels as far as visuals. and even uncharted looks much better on my tv than that.

VonGak!

Banned
REV 09 said:
ehh i would call those bad shots of both titles. as for the halo shot, i didn't care for the look of that level...imo, it was one of the least impressive levels as far as visuals. and even uncharted looks much better on my tv than that.
And even Uncharted? :S I hope I'm reading that wrong.

Forsete

Wow this thread went to shit.. again.

Seriously, those of you so worried about PS3.. DONT WORRY, its still selling like crap.. right? RIGHT?

VonGak!

Banned
Dante said:
Woah swimming!
LOL you quoted the wrong post :p

But yes, wow to those pics, BlimBlim is in hard competition from Rulliweb now.

Why can't IGN and Gamespot do proper screen-caps? I mean even the saturation is way off in their caps (not just Uncharted but all games). :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Blimblim said:
Here is the first result of TTP's work with us, this first 10 minutes of Uncharted. I know 99.9% of you guys have already seen this, but I'm still very happy we managed to make this happen :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5511_en.html
(mp4/xvid versions are still encoding, won't be long)

Awesome!

Here is some fish to celebrate! (lol)
81i98jr.jpg

Only the big brownish ones cast shadows. I'm pretty sure those are 3D while the other small white fishes are just sprites.

Porkepik

Grrr still another week to wait, can't wait (well yes I can with SMG and AC this week but....) action adventure is my favorite genre and this one seems the best since a long time.

Awntawn

TTP said:
Awesome!

Here is some fish to celebrate! (lol)

Only the big brownish ones cast shadows. I'm pretty sure those are 3D while the other small white fishes are just sprites.
It's just pathetic how developers cut corners like that visually.

:lol

VonGak!

Banned
Firewire said:
Good work guys!

Blimblim, Gamersyde is becoming my favorite place for game video's on the net. How come your video's always look 10 times better than everyone else's?

Yup, the same goes for me.

And having TTP do play-troughs is a great plus.
I have always prefer to see how good the reporter who writes about a game actually is at playing the game. There's just too many cases where a reporter doesn't seem legit because the game-play videos look like they are being played by 3 year old (some gaming sites managed to make the combo system in God of War look hard)... wow I have gotten OT, I just wanted to say it's cool to see TTP play.

Gattsu25

Banned
I want to thank tinfoilhatman for turning this demo impression thread into a "Uncharted's Demo looks fucking amazing" thread...even if that wasn't his initial intention.

The game really does looks bloody great and thank you for getting others to further appreciate the visuals...even if you used silly comparisons to bring about this discussion.

ruliweb_un_48_ps3.jpg

AGAIN, this is why I feel the demo is an older build. They said they changed the old combo system away from the timing aspect. You try to hit Square, Square and the combo breaks in the demo.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To be fair, I noticed the screen tearing as well. But then again I'm the kind of person who turns on V-Sync on every PC game where it's possible, so maybe I'm just really sensitive to it. It's really a YMMV thing, just like all other bugs like frame drops, jaggiez, etc.

uh are people actually doubting the visual goodness of this game??? there are other more valid points to nitpick about this demo, but graphics is not one of those points. And we havent even gotten to the graphics of the vehicle parts :drools:

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
frAntic_Frog said:
uh are people actually doubting the visual goodness of this game??? there are other more valid points to nitpick about this demo, but graphics is not one of those points. And we havent even gotten to the graphics of the vehicle parts :drools:

And the graphics being great and there being discussion about specific graphical glitches aren't necessarily incongruous. You won't see point-by-point discussions for games that have shit graphics--you'll just see, "this game looks like shit" for 10-20 pages depending on how good the Photoshops are.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Asad Qizilbash // Marketing Manager said:
Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Launch Date: November 19th
Hi all - this is my first PlayStation Blog post so let me first introduce myself - I work in Software Product Marketing and lucky enough to be working with Naughty Dog on Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune.

I’m sure you’ve heard some rumors that Uncharted will be hitting stores November 15th. As much as we’d love to get the game in your hands earlier, just wanted to let you guys know that we are still on schedule to be in-store November 19th…so you’re going to have to wait 7 more days ;-). But hopefully the demo and DJ Shadow track will keep you going till then.

Early launch rumor squashed.

cicatriz

frAntic_Frog said:

Only IGN selective screenshot searching shit eaters who don't own a PS3 are doubting the graphics of Uncharted.

:D

Top Bottom