• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

PAYBACKill

Solomon said:
Water in Bioshock because the game doesn't constantly drop below 20 fps and result in horrible screen tearing.

you couldnt have played the demo. on my ps3, the framerate didnt drop once and there was zero screen tearing.

Solomon said:
My experience running the demo (@720p) shows near constant screen tearing in the main combat zones any time I quickly rotate the camera. It's pretty brutal and even my wife and her friends commented on it and they are as technologically aware as my cat. Perhaps less.

By hiding out in your mom's enormous vagina?

your system is probably fecked...that does not happen on mine...at all

VonGak!

Banned
Solomon said:
My experience running the demo (@720p) shows near constant screen tearing in the main combat zones any time I quickly rotate the camera. It's pretty brutal and even my wife and her friends commented on it and they are as technologically aware as my cat. Perhaps less.

Can a mod please teach this clearly up to no good person some manners. ^.^

beelzebozo said:
way disappointed. at least if i take the demo as a good barometer of the gameplay, i thought it would be much less a shooter than it is.

looks great, controls fine, but the shooting mechanics are nothing special--certainly nothing to build an entire game around.

heh, I prefered the shooting mechanic to gears..but then Im pretty shitty with the 360 controller hah

newsguy

Kittonwy said:
I'm not saying there's no screen tearing, there is but it's rare, and not the fucking horrible screen tearing that you're trying to suggest.

The screen tearing in Splinter Cell: Double Agent merits this kind of criticism. After playing through the demo a few times I can honestly say the screen tearing is so minor it's not even worth mention, and I'm picky as hell about these things.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
nelsonroyale said:
your system is probably fecked...that does not happen on mine...at all

It runs Ratchet and Clank Future just fine. Same with Resistance and Heavenly Sword (although the latter suffers from well confirmed framerate issues in some parts).

womfalcs3

Banned
Solomon said:

Have respect for other people's Moms. [I'll stop here. I can go on about respect, but I'll just get angrier as I write.]

patsu

Solomon said:
So hang on, are you saying that there is no screen tearing in the demo? Are you blind?

And for those who are claiming the framerate is rock solid, what causes screen tear?

Oh yeah... framerate drop.

Seriously, the level of self-inflicted delusion is astounding. Uncharted is an awesome game, but there are framerate issues in the demo.

I am not blind and I didn't see any screen tearing after 8-10 playthroughs. Check your XMB settings. Perhaps you are affected by the rumored "XMB settings cause some framerate slowdown".

SaitoH

Screen tearing is caused from the from the framerate exceeding the displays refresh rate. V-sync is great for stopping tearing, but it significantly impacts the overall framerate, which why we are seeing it so often this gen.

Xeke

Banned
mysticstylez said:
I'm sorry but anyone who leaves explodable barrels on a fuckin boat deserves to die. Seriously exploding barrels should be put to sleep..

I think they tested it on mythbusters and they wouldn't really blow up...

SalientOne

Internet Batman
Kintaro said:
Did I call you, directly, a whore? If you took it that way, perhaps you should look inward for resolution.

Fair enough, already in progress.

patsu said:
I am not blind and I didn't see any screen tearing after 8-10 playthroughs. Check your XMB settings. Perhaps you are affected by the rumored "XMB settings cause some framerate slowdown".

Okay, if I am the only one seeing this then maybe I do have an issue with my system. I'll look into it.

Sorry to stir up shit if I am alone in this observation.

Solomon said:
Fair enough, already in progress.

Okay, if I am the only one seeing this then maybe I do have an issue with my system. I'll look into it.

Sorry to stir up shit if I am alone in this observation.

yeah, Im just saying...I noticed tearing only when I spun the camera fast...not like how I saw it oblvion, where it can be very noticible. I think the game in general runs very well

J-Rzez

Holy shit, I just noticed that when those fish swim by your legs that Nate will actually lift his leg up so they swim under it then. It even notices the freakin' fish swimming around/into you as far as "hit/terrain detection" goes. Each time I play this I notice something something else small detail wise that they did. Naughty Dog may just be the greatest development house out there. I'd LOVE to see them try more new genre's.

EDIT: Crap, I can't do it again now. They just swim around my legs. :lol

nelsonroyale said:
yeah, Im just saying...I noticed tearing only when I spun the camera fast...not like how I saw it oblvion, where it can be very noticible. I think the game in general runs very well

Yeah I have played the demo a ridiculous amount and I only noticed any screen tearing from whipping the camera around really fast but even then I only noticed it cause people said to look for it. The game seems to run pretty perfectly at most points.

maskrider said:
I can think of a couple of options

1. Direct HDMI caps (on debug PS3, like some reviewers/developers) on something like BlackMagic Design's Intensity
2. Like #1, but with HDCP strippers on normal PS3
3. Capture from component video outputs by Intensity Pro/other HD Component capture cards
4. Frame buffer captures with developer tools

I haven't had time to build my setup yet, ha ha ! I'll probably use my HDFury and a custom made A/D converter (or more simple if there is a Video DAC on HDFury, but I haven't checked yet) to feed the uncompressed 24bit RGB data to my PC.

I'd just expect IGN, Gamespot ect. to be getting captures of that quality. Especially since people have had issues with their capture quality since the early days of last generation. I remember all the fuss that went on about how bad their RRV captures looked.

JB1981

beelzebozo said:
way disappointed. at least if i take the demo as a good barometer of the gameplay, i thought it would be much less a shooter than it is.

looks great, controls fine, but the shooting mechanics are nothing special--certainly nothing to build an entire game around.
according to those who have played through the game, it is a good mix of shooting, puzzles and platforming. what about the gunplay do you dislike, exactly? I think the combat scenarios play out extremely well. They are fun, taut and tactical, especially on Hard. The AI is aggressive and constantly keep you on your toes, and the limited amount of ammo makes you very selective with your shots. The gunplay is really tight imo.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SolidSnakex said:
I'd just expect IGN, Gamespot ect. to be getting captures of that quality. Especially since people have had issues with their capture quality since the early days of last generation. I remember all the fuss that went on about how bad their RRV captures looked.

Gamespot is pretty good with their screenshot captures. Then again, compared to IGN, everyone is.

deepbrown

nelsonroyale said:
Only noticable tearing at 1080i

Awntawn

Solomon said:
:lol :lol :lol
My chair is less technologically aware than your cat, and it was telling me how awesome the graphics looked.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
Awntawn said:
:lol :lol :lol
My chair is less technologically aware than your cat, and it was telling me how awesome the graphics looked.

Did it also comment on the screen tearing when whipping the camera around? Do chairs like that sort of thing?

-viper-

Banned
DSCF7944.jpg

DSCF7957.jpg

DSCF7949.jpg

DSCF7961.jpg

DSCF7962.jpg

DSCF7967.jpg

DSCF7881.jpg

MY HEAD HAS EXPLODED.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
I think the most impressive part about the game from a looks standpoint is the lighting. It looks great in shots, but even better in motion.

-viper- said:
DSCF7944.jpg

MY HEAD HAS EXPLODED.

Anyone that can look at those screens and try and dismiss how gorgeous this game is are just nuts.

Hey Viper what kind of camera did you use to take those pics?
I keep trying to use my digital but they come out looking like a garbled mess.

God just looking at those screens....I cant wait to get home to play the demo for the 1 millionth time if that isnt a testament to how great this game is turning out to be I dont know what is.

Wollan said:
Posted earlier today but this is what you should be discussing. Excellent track.
Also, soundtrack on iTunes on the 20th for the win.

My god no kidding..This game just gets more fantastic by the second..DJ Shadow changed my adolescent life with Entroducing.

Not to totally side-track anything but Wollan I know when we get closer to the KZ2 release date your going to make the official thread. I have some really sick ideas for the images on the main page Ill start throwing you some mockups once we get closer to the actual date if your down.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Yea...so I'm back.

sorry all for my outburst, i didn't mean it ( u know who you all are)..been having some serious personal issues :( and it was a bad day..,also sp0rks i love you and i apologize.

ANYWAYS thats out of the way , Uncharted is simply amazing

Loudninja

TEH-CJ said:
Yea...so I'm back.

sorry all for my outburst, i didn't mean it ( u know who you all are)..been having some serious personal issues :( and it was a bad day..,also sp0rks i love you and i apologize.

ANYWAYS thats out of the way , Uncharted is simply amazing

Didnt know you were gone :D

This game is really fun. The AI is awesome. I think its much better than most fps games. Graphics are really nice. Especially the clothes that get wet.
I think the animation is overrated though. It just looks weird and unnatural the way the main character runs and moves. I prefer Assassin's Creed's animations.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GeneralIroh said:
This game is really fun. The AI is awesome. I think its much better than most fps games. Graphics are really nice. Especially the clothes that get wet.
I think the animation is overrated though. It just looks weird and unnatural the way the main character runs and moves. I prefer Assassin's Creed's animations.
50/50 on this. Uncharted is realistic, Assasins Creed is more super hero like in him jumping off roofs and not a lot of people run and walk in that fashion. Per taste I suppose.

Top Bottom