• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Dante said:
It sucks that this and the demo thread are split, it might hurt our chances of getting a sticky :(
What are the requisites to getting a sticky? I have only seen one PS3 game get sticked namely Warhawk.

Dante

PistolGrip said:
What are the requisites to getting a sticky? I have only seen one PS3 game get sticked namely Warhawk.

Number of posts in the thread. we'd be closing in on 6k with the demo thread.

LiquidMetal14 said:
50/50 on this. Uncharted is realistic, Assasins Creed is more super hero like in him jumping off roofs and not a lot of people run and walk in that fashion. Per taste I suppose.

Had a flash of anticipation for Infamous. :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Kittonwy

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
Yea...so I'm back.

sorry all for my outburst, i didn't mean it ( u know who you all are)..been having some serious personal issues :( and it was a bad day..,also sp0rks i love you and i apologize.

ANYWAYS thats out of the way , Uncharted is simply amazing

I love the demo, it just keeps being challenging everytime I play it, it's like a great feeling that I'm never sure I'll be able to pull off headshots or melee, but when I do it's afw, I honestly have not played a demo so many times, probably more times than when I got my hands on the DMC3 Japanese demo which I played alot but not as much as this.
Indifferent2.gif

GeneralIroh said:
This game is really fun. The AI is awesome. I think its much better than most fps games. Graphics are really nice. Especially the clothes that get wet.
I think the animation is overrated though. It just looks weird and unnatural the way the main character runs and moves. I prefer Assassin's Creed's animations.

They both animate better than any other game, and along with HS are thankfully a step in the right direction for game animation. It's taken long enough for games this gen to actually start to focus on animation.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I love the demo, it just keeps being challenging everytime I play it, it's like a great feeling that I'm never sure I'll be able to pull off headshots or melee, but when I do it's afw, I honestly have not played a demo so many times, probably more times than when I got my hands on the DMC3 Japanese demo which I played alot but not as much as this.
Indifferent2.gif

Yea i have put more hours in this demo then i have with cod4 online :lol (not really but you know i mean...)

everything about it just feels so right, the way Drake moves around the enviroment and super responsive controls, not to mentio the frantic gunplay ( i love the grenades and headshots)

and WOW at the graphics, seriously the best looking game next to crysis IMHO.

Edit: oh shit i just jumped in the air and punched this dude in the throat achillies style!

10/10 game

TEH-CJ said:
Yea i have put more hours in this demo then i have with cod4 online :lol (not really but you know i mean...)

everything about it just feels so right, the way Drake moves around the enviroment and super responsive controls, not to mentio the frantic gunplay ( i love the grenades and headshots)

Man no kidding I thought I spent a over abundant time with the R&C demo but I seriously cant get enough of Uncharted. Whats even funnier is no matter how many times I play it I still stop and and gawk at all the same parts.

Fina1e said:
IGN review will be up tomorrow night.

Great. I am expecting a really high review from them based on their high praises in all the previews.

TEH-CJ said:

Edit: oh shit i just jumped in the air and punched this dude in the throat achillies style!

10/10 game

Man...I'm really not having the same experiences as you guys. Seems like a good game but I definitely wouldn't give it a 10/10, maybe I should play it 10 more times like everyone else?

MWS Natural said:
Man...I'm really not having the same experiences as you guys. Seems like a good game but I definitely wouldn't give it a 10/10, maybe I should play it 10 more times like everyone else?

Thats a bummer sorry man I wish you could enjoy it as much as us but I guess not everyone can love it.

TEH-CJ

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Man no kidding I thought I spent a over abundant time with the R&C demo but I seriously cant get enough of Uncharted. Whats even funnier is no matter how many times I play it I still stop and and gawk at all the same parts.

Great. I am expecting a really high review from them based on their high praises in all the previews.

Haha same dude!

i called my mates over just to stare at a wall texture for like 5 min straight

we were like " Ohhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhh" :lol

Dante

Firewire said:
Does anyone know when Infamous will drop? I've been waiting on info, but nothing ever comes out about it.

Fall 08 if i was a betting man, I don't beleive that Jan rumor for a second

I'm wondering how fast ND can get their next title out, now that they have their engine and Tools. Was Jak every year?

Firewire

Banned
Dante said:
Fall 08 if i was a betting man, I don't beleive that Jan rumor for a second

I didn't either, but you think it'll be that long? I thought they were a fair bit into making it already!

Hey Opus! :D

TEH-CJ said:
Haha same dude!

i called my mates over just to stare at a wall texture for like 5 min straight

we were like " Ohhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhh" :lol

HAHAHAHA! Thats fricken classic.
Me and my friend were playing it and our wives just couldnt stop coming over and checking it out.

Roat

Banned
Since this is also the demo thread, after my comments earlier about the gameplay I went back, turned the difficulty to hard and increased the controller sensitivity and I'm having a lot more fun with it now. The more open areas do add something to the cover system, and the gameplay can get pretty frantic with all the grenades being thrown around, being shot from three different points, running out of ammo and having to use melee combat while still being shot at.

This, Mass Effect and Galaxy come out in the same 10 day period here. Should be fun.

Firewire

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
HAHAHAHA! Thats fricken classic.
Me and my friend were playing it and our wives just couldnt stop coming over and checking it out.

Man I wish I had a cool wife like that, as it stands my girlfriend hates video games with a passion & is always bitching about me playing! :(

Wollan

Dang, forgotten about Podcast Beyond these last couple of weeks. It's pretty damn hilarious, must listen. *goes to download*

Kevtones

Kind of shocked people are going ga-ga over this game after playing through the demo. It was decent (and very pretty), but nothing spectacular. The gameplay felt rather sluggish to me, even with the sensitivity up, and the design seems rather average too...

7/10 as of now.

commence crucifixion

Firewire said:
Man I wish I had a cool wife like that, as it stands my girlfriend hates video games with a passion & is always bitching about me playing! :(

She is by no means a game player but yeah she doesnt give me too hard a time at least.

Kevtones said:
Kind of shocked people are going ga-ga over this game after playing through the demo. It was decent (and very pretty), but nothing spectacular. The gameplay felt rather sluggish to me, even with the sensitivity up, and the design seems rather average too...

7/10 as of now.

commence crucifixion

The only thing you should be crucified for is for using spoiler tags for something that doesn't need it.

One thing that is blowing me away but is anyone else noticing how many different kinds of trees there are?
And each one looks so unique some are twisting with these huge roots sticking out of the ground others are just shooting straight up other are all mossy its so crazy.

Kevtones said:

7/10 as of now.

commence crucifixion
Really?

Different strokes for different folks, I guess....

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Firewire said:
She's got some nice barrels ;)

Oh, darn my g/f is here!

I'm out!
she's a spaz today
:(
:D I'm getting my girl into Singstar and maybe Rockband though I think she would be more into Singstar as she loves Kareoke.

Kevtones

snack said:
Really?

Different strokes for different folks, I guess....

Well that's based on demo impressions, the game itself could be much better considering the type of game it is. I certainly hope it is because I love the setup.

Top Bottom