• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

_RT_

Question for those that have finished Chapter 13.
Is my game f'ed or am I missing something?
**The pics below don't give any storyline away, but don't click if you don't want to see the board.
I can't get that door to open. I stand by the crank/chain and not matter how fast or slow I press triangle... the door comes crashing back down.
And I supposed to get to that vine or something?
http://i13.tinypic.com/71exwt4.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/6y4dev4.jpg

**Edit**
Nevermind. Found the
TNT and the woman has arrived to help with the door.

That too me entirely too long. lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
zoku88 said:
Idk, Uncharted 2 would seem like a cheap Disney sequel, unless they used an entirely new cast.
Oh no - that would probably be the worst thing they could do. The sequel, whatever it is, will have to at least have Drake, Elena and Sully, or otherwise it's kinda pointless.

BobTheFork said:
oh, I thought that was the amount of film left. I've never seen a camera with a batery life 'time left'..
I think all Sony's cameras that use the so-called "InfoLithium" battery have that feature. Also, it can go up as well. For example, if you're recording a lot, using LCD screen and zooming for example, it will estimate the remaining time to be shorter, than afterwards when you just do playback, when it re-estimates it to be longer.

DarKaoZ said:
3. Menu screen, seriously... I expected it to be more ¨creative¨, like a desk full of stuff, like maps, compass, a video camera, etc etc. And you browse around it to select each part of the game. Dunno, that should had gave the game a huge extra IMO, is functional, but I should had love to see something more interesting.
Yeah, that kind of menu would have been nice - something that looks like the front page of this game's website or the disc-highlight background. However, the menu is so slick and functional and well designed from a visual and usability point of view that it's hard to complain. When you go through it, you feel like everything is always ready and preloaded for you, with no hitches or delays.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
_RT_ said:
**The pics below don't give any storyline away, but don't click if you don't want to see the board.
I can't get that door to open. I stand by the crank/chain and not matter how fast or slow I press triangle... the door comes crashing back down.

**Edit**
Nevermind. Found the

Who said that Uncharted's puzzles weren't challenging!?

besada

Banned
Just got Drake's today. I'll have more detailed impressions later, but Naughty Dog needs to release a screenshot utility as DLC, like yesterday. The game is gorgeous, and it would make for great word of mouth.

Speevy

Banned
I have a question about this game as well as PS3s in general.

Has anyone had a problem with color on their system? I notice that whenever I'm in a dark area, the blue kind of fades in. Also, the cutscenes sometimes change the tint.

Performance is perfect, no problem there.

Also, in general, I get the soft blueish lines whenever the screen the black, and light transparent lines from time to time.

I'm using a PS2 S-video cable on a 27 inch SDTV.

I doubt anything is wrong with my PS3, but I want to be sure.

reilo

Speevy said:
I have a question about this game as well as PS3s in general.

Has anyone had a problem with color on their system? I notice that whenever I'm in a dark area, the blue kind of fades in. Also, the cutscenes sometimes change the tint.

Performance is perfect, no problem there.

Also, in general, I get the soft blueish lines whenever the screen the black, and light transparent lines from time to time.

I'm using a PS2 S-video cable on a 27 inch SDTV.

I doubt anything is wrong with my PS3, but I want to be sure.

Scanlines.

Esperado

_RT_ said:

**Edit**
Nevermind. Found the

Same thing happened to me.

deepbrown

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
I played the demo for the first time the other night and was pretty shocked at just how much combat there is. I figured it would be straight up platforming with small firefights tossed in every now and again, and it's actually quite disappointing to find out it's the other way round.
Looks fucking stunning though!
I'd say it's 60/40

_RT_

Well....
Granted it's a Sunday. But I cannot remember the last time that I have played a game continuously for 5 hours. I just couldn't stop.

Cheers Naughty Dog. You have a fan for life.
That was one of the best games - (characters, storyline, music, EVERYTHING) I've ever played.

Wow. It may not get the honor, but that is game of the year in my book.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I just picked up Uncharted for $40 (new) from some guy on craig's list. Mass Effect is going to have to wait, I'm hyped for this more.

Kittonwy

Banned
_RT_ said:
Well....
Granted it's a Sunday. But I cannot remember the last time that I have played a game continuously for 5 hours. I just couldn't stop.

Cheers Naughty Dog. You have a fan for live.
That was one of the best games - (characters, storyline, music, EVERYTHING) I've ever played.

I agree. Five stars.
Indifferent2.gif

SSM25

_RT_ said:
Well....

Cheers Naughty Dog. You have a fan for life.

That's exactly how I feel!!...this one is on my best ever list, maybe just behind MGS3

easily the best one this year

SSM25

DeadGzuz said:
I just picked up Uncharted for $40 (new) from some guy on craig's list. Mass Effect is going to have to wait, I'm hyped for this more.

I put mass effect on hold too......until I finish uncharted 100%

Omeyocan

Wish list for Uncharted 2

- More puzzles and more complicated
- Deeper story
- Longer to complete 25-30 hours or so
- Same settings with more temple and ruins stuff
- More open jungle environement

Kittonwy said:
It was hard, wasn't it.
Indifferent2.gif
Easy, Normal, Hard were easy. As I already had a feel for hard mode thanks to the demo. Crushing is the WORST game I've ever had to go through! Especially when I made it mirror world and all :( The water place where Drake says "This place could use a good plumber" was horrendous.

reilo

Omeyocan said:

- Deeper story

What the fuck.

30HOURS?! This is not a RPG.

Looks like every single person who plays it beats it at least twice, theres your 20 hours. BTW What is is about the 'hard' difficulty that is so great. Its the sweet spot. It actually made my second play through more fun

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Looks like every single person who plays it beats it at least twice, theres your 20 hours. BTW What is is about the 'hard' difficulty that is so great. Its the sweet spot. It actually made my second play through more fun

Playing through hard after finishing crushing felt great, it still posed a challenge but I feel stronger and faster than before, like a million bucks.
Indifferent2.gif

Troidal

I'm in chapter 5 on "normal" difficulty, man this game is pretty fun. AND it's fucking beautiful.

The platforming portions are pretty lenient and not unforigiving like Mario where you jump even slightly off you die, so I kind of like it since it's less frustration.

This is probably the first PS3 game I would recommend to people, unless they hate action adventure games.

deepbrown

Was thinking about the last level and how it could be better and i think ripten have it right when they say
"involve some platforming into it"....like climbing off the side of the boat to get to the next area, or swmming around. Or going into the boat etc...

AAK

LOL that was nothing, try the mission where you have to fend off dropship by dropship of enemies while crossing the bay pathway to retreive a certain artifact.

But I loved every second of it.

XonoX

220 pages is too many to go through, and i can't find any dedicated threads on the subject, but is this game freezing for anybody else ?

It happens at least once maybe more times per session for me.

The first jungle scene after the boat i froze three times before i found the ruins through the narrow passage.

Has only been a few lockups sice then but generally it is freezing more than Assasins Creed !

AAK said:
LOL that was nothing, try the mission where you have to fend off dropship by dropship of enemies while crossing the bay pathway to retreive a certain artifact.

But I loved every second of it.

Not to shift from the main topic here, but Jak 2 could have been so much more if they did less. Free roaming was a waste due to the cops and the absurd traffic in the sky. Also some of the missions were poorly balanced. However everything was ace.

BTW can't wait for my PS3 to play Uncharted.

iceatcs

XonoX said:
220 pages is too many to go through, and i can't find any dedicated threads on the subject, but is this game freezing for anybody else ?

Mine is nothing so far which it is because I disabled the information bar.

I think maybe you should disable the information bar?

gray_fox224

Omeyocan said:

- Deeper story

If they do that, I won't buy it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Speevy said:

Hmm, The blue that fade ins when you're in the dark areas could be the games own tint feature, because the darker areas in Uncharted do have a blue tinge to them. It could be what HDR is doing to adjust lighting for darker scenes. From what I've seen though it looks very seamless and not intrusive/weird/glitchy at all. If it looks glitchy to you then it could be a problem of some kind, maybe with PS3, maybe with cable or TV.

As for the bluish lines, does that happen with everything or just with this game? It could be just scanlines from SDTV interlace.

Esperado

iceatcs said:
Mine is nothing so far which it is because I disabled the information bar.

I think maybe you should disable the information bar?

I've had the information bar disabled from day one and the game froze twice for me today. Just beat the game and I think it's awesome. Solid 9/10
Happened to me twice during the parts where you fight the descendants.

Speevy

Banned
The bluish lines happen with everything, though most of the time it's the in-between black screens.

I'll watch another cutscene tonight to see if I can better describe the other thing. It might just be my eyes adjusting to more of the scanlines that just happens to occur during the same cutscenes. But like I said, it's never resulted in anything performance-wise. I may just have some crappy cables.

Esperado said:
I've had the information bar disabled from day one and the game froze twice for me today. Just beat the game and I think it's awesome. Solid 9/10
Happened to me twice during the parts where you fight the descendants.
I've been calling them
The Decendacons

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
XonoX said:

The first jungle scene after the boat i froze three times before i found the ruins through the narrow passage.

Has only been a few lockups sice then but generally it is freezing more than Assasins Creed !
Mine froze 1 time throughout the entire game. So....I don't know.

Oneself

Uncharted 2 wishlist time:

another great story
more open jungle
more ruins like the one we enter by the wall/window
longer is not better, so no backtracking or useless fights to make it longer
more platforming and puzzles

oh and let me drive the jeep this time :lol

TEH-CJ

Banned
Just a quick Q

how the hell is there going to be uncharted 2 ?

i thought it wrapped things up pretty sweet.......UNLESS! naughty dog's next game is JAK 4 but plays like Uncharted! , exact camera angles ( over the shoulder view), same platforming but with more of a open ended world!. Holy shit i just blew my fucking mind O_O, Naughty dog if you make this happen it will hands down be the best game ever created

ThirdEye

Before Uncharted 2 I want multiplayer pack for Uncharted 1. Game modes such as "Who Finds Treasure First" "Pirates Warfare" etc will be great.

Speevy

Banned
Okay, I just switched to a regular composite connection and it seems to have made the problem better. The lines (if not gone altogether) have been reduced.

Kittonwy

Banned
Speevy said:
Okay, I just switched to a regular composite connection and it seems to have made the problem better. The lines (if not gone altogether) have been reduced.

Why do you still game on an SDTV Speevy?
Indifferent2.gif

XonoX said:

review my post via my screen name and you will see the problems I had, and it seems yours is freezing in the same place mine was. I went through 8 disc and they all frooze in the same location.

Kittonwy

Banned
Speevy said:
Because I love having people ask that question. It's so refreshing and heightens my enjoyment of the game.

I wuz just askin'. Do you think it was your S-video cable that was giving you problems?
Indifferent2.gif

Speevy

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I wuz just askin'. Do you think it was your S-video cable that was giving you problems?
Indifferent2.gif

I reckon it was. So you thought it was a good idea to ask me why I game on a standard definition TV?

That's the logical equivalent of someone saying "I didn't enjoy Uncharted." and someone replying "Why are you still playing the PS3?"

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Just saw an ad for Uncharted <-> Mummy (the movie) tie-in on City TV in Canada. Something like "Mummy, brought to you by Uncharted" and it had about equal parts movie segments as well as game footage. Nice way to advertise something like this.

Kittonwy

Banned
Speevy said:
I reckon it was. So you thought it was a good idea to ask me why I game on a standard definition TV?

That's the logical equivalent of someone saying "I didn't enjoy Uncharted." and someone replying "Why are you still playing the PS3?"

How can anyone not enjoy Uncharted? Uncharted is an afw game that should be wuved.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Marconelly said:
Just saw an ad for Uncharted <-> Mummy (the movie) tie-in on City TV in Canada. Something like "Mummy, brought to you by Uncharted" and it had about equal parts movie segments as well as game footage. Nice way to advertise something like this.

Cool. I hope they keep pushing the game out there. I'm looking forward to driving past a bustop and seeing an Uncharted ad.
Indifferent2.gif

SleazyC

Was late picking the game up as I brought my 360 with me home for Turkey Day break and boy was that a mistake. Got back to my room yesterday and played for about an hour before I fell asleep. Finished the game up in today and man what a masterpiece. Everything meshed together to create such an epic game.

I know this will get overlooked due to releasing with so many heavy hitters this fall but this game deserves a GOTY and tons of accolades. Naughty Dog you have created another amazing franchise.

kuYuri

One thing that bothers me about Uncharted are some of the platforming parts. Sometimes it's hard to tell when to go next and then I end up making the wrong jumps and die. I've also sometimes noticed Nate make weird jumps to other platforms and somehow not reach it, so I fall and die. It gets annoying sometimes.

Top Bottom