• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Tailzo

.... About the last part of the game:
This game is hard in hard mode. Slow motion helped a bit, but I have serious trouble finishing the last level in hard. I have trouble surviving, because the crates are destroyed before I get time to kill everyone. If I try to do it faster, I get instakilled by the boss. Is it recommended trying to unlocking infinite ammo or is there any tip you can give me?

Tailzo said:
This game is hard in hard mode. Slow motion helped a bit, but I have serious trouble finishing the last level in hard. I have trouble surviving, because the crates are destroyed before I get time to kill everyone. If I try to do it faster, I get instakilled by the boss. Is it recommended trying to unlocking infinite ammo or is there any tip you can give me?
I try not to use the crates as cover. In the first part I hide behind the wall to the right and shoot the first few guys as they try to run to the left. Once I get them, I climb on top of that box separating the next area and shoot the first few without stepping down, the boss can't hit you there. Once you jump down, move a few feet and go right back into the first area, another groups will come. again, climb that box and shoot them with exposing yourself to the boss. The third part is harder and I just try to only come up to shoot after the boss fires a shot. it will be a few seconds before he shoots again.

painey

wow this game is awesome!! the long uk wait is justified.. graphically amazing, the cut scenes is scary.. the humans look so lifelike its amazing and the voice acting is top notch.

Maggot9

Banned
rc213 said:
Just got Uncharted, Ratchet and Oblivion (1st RPG game I have owned ever!) CANNOT WAIT! :p

Might as well stick to those games throughout all of 2008. Oblivion was my first RPG too, it fucking ROCKS.

tanod

when is my burrito
dirtmonkey37 said:
Wait, the AI actually changes based on the difficulty you choose? I was under the impression that the difficulty settings were difficult only in the amount of damage enemies do.

No, the damage you have to inflict and the damage you take do not change. The enemies just get more accurate. It's probably the most "fair" difficulty change in a shooter there could possibly be.

tanod

when is my burrito
Tailzo said:

If you shoot
"the guy's" cover, he runs off to the next section so your cover lasts longer and you don't have to worry about being insta-killed.

Tailzo said:
Yeah, it's a pretty unforgiving section,
but given enough trial and error, u should b able to make it thru. As that other dude mentioned, i do start the first sequence hiding behind the giant metal box on the right (or left), then wait for dudes to pop up in my line of sight.
One thing to b aware of, is that the main boss, well, 1) u cant kill him during the first 2 sequences, 2) his shots r fucking deadly, but, he has a consistent pattern to his behavior. If u listen to his gunshots, i think he always lets 3 or 4 rip, then hides for a few secs, to pop rounds back in presumably, then fires another 3 or 4. U probably want to get a feel for his pattern, then pop out of hiding to gun down the henchmen when he's reloading. That should work for the first 2 sequences.
For the 3rd one, i had to stay hidden behind crates when he shoots, then run to the next set of crates when he's done shooting and my crate is kaput, same pattern till u got no more crates to hide behind,
then u die, and it's game over.
The only ending u get in hard mode.
No.
I think there'r 3 wooden crates on the platform. They start u next to the one furthest away from where he is. During his first reload, jump to the next crate. Next reload, jump to the last, closest to him crate. Then u should b close enough to the fucker that u can jump him and pummel his ass before he has time to let another shot fly.
Sorry if i was just stating the obvious, in way too many words.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Me_Marcadet said:
I have finished the game three times already but when I play in crushin, It's like playing the game for the first time.

Uncharted has so much depth.

That's good to hear!

I'm about 60% through on Hard, then I want to play Mirrored on Crushing. I hope I can unlock Mirrored by then.

wotter

Just got my copy, man I'm starting to love those PS3 cases:

DSC01962.jpg

:D

Steroyd

BeeDog said:
Jesus christ the sewer catacomb part was frustrating on hard. Probably replayed it like 8 times.

The parts were you come across a turret or boom boom man are a bitch on hard.

And will they stop blowing my cover to shit plz. :lol

Love how they transition between chapters.

Shotgun guy is one cocky bitch.

calder

wotter said:
Just got my copy, man I'm starting to love those PS3 cases:

DSC01962.jpg

:D
WTF. Aw man, I had heard other ppl complaining about the less cool covers in Canadian cases (presumably due to bilingual packaging) but I had never really seen a pic of the inside of a case before. Damn that's cool, and shit it sucks my copy isn't like that. :( :(

spyshagg said:
*sigh* do I have to include some money with my vote so they really take it into account?

:lol :lol SpyShagg I dont know who you are but I like ya.

T_Tokyo2010 said:
Ha just try and play it on crushing......still having nightmares.:lol

OMG You are not kidding! Took me 2 hours to get past that part the only two experiences I have played in a game that were as hard as that were.

1.Halo 2 first level on Legendary in the docking station.
2.Goldeneye on Elite Agent Bunker in the Snow level.(I had to kill everyone with the damn knives to beat that bastard and it still took all day.)

GAMECELL UK: 10/10

Ok maybe I have gushed on long enough, its obvious I loved the game - in fact upon completion I started it again, which I think I have only done once before (with Resident Evil 4) but are there really no bad bits ? Well none that I could find without being accused of nitpicking. The game is brilliant, not just the best game on the PS3 but the best game I have played this year – roll on the inevitable sequel!

Damn right.

Madman

BruceLeeRoy said:
OMG You are not kidding! Took me 2 hours to get past that part the only two experiences I have played in a game that were as hard as that were.

2.Goldeneye on Elite Agent Bunker in the Snow level.(I had to kill everyone with the damn knives to beat that bastard and it still took all day.)
Never played GoW 2 on Titan mode eh? :p

deepbrown

BruceLeeRoy said:
:lol :lol SpyShagg I dont know who you are but I like ya.

GAMECELL UK: 10/10

Damn right.
Yay!

I'm stuck on the water underground bit :( I ran out of ammo and shotty gun fat man got me :(

tanod

when is my burrito
deepbrown said:
Yay!

I'm stuck on the water underground bit :( I ran out of ammo and shotty gun fat man got me :(

I had trouble with that part on Hard too. My only advice is to maneuver, maneuver, maneuver. You have to move around in this game and get the most advantageous firing position moment to moment.

deepbrown

tanod said:
I had trouble with that part on Hard too. My only advice is to maneuver, maneuver, maneuver. You have to move around in this game and get the most advantageous firing position moment to moment.
But I'm not on hard! I'm on Crushing. My friend said Crushing was easy and that one of his criticisms of Uncharted was that it was too easy lol.

Dang I can't even get past this bit!

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
deepbrown said:
But I'm not on hard! I'm on Crushing. My friend said Crushing was easy and that one of his criticisms of Uncharted was that it was too easy lol.

Whaaa!...is your friend by any chance Fred Savage?

Anyone know what the medal point achievement is after the Dynamite one (kill 3 peeps with a grenade)?

Also does anyone have any tips or advice on how best to do the "get 5 hand combat kills in a row after softening them up with bullets"?

deepbrown said:

It is by far the hardest part in the game on crushing.
Even the fight in the
courtyard outside the monastary at sunset
isnt nearly as difficult.

The key is taking out the guys on the ledges first since the guy in the water spends time running up to cover. If your fast you can take out both guys through headshots and some rapid firings and then rush the guy behind the pillar. Once there guys start dropping on the other side. One will try and rush you and the others will slowly flank a well placed grenade is absolutely essential for throwing them off it you can scare them into cover you can take them down one at a time and unlike the first three guys you fight the next round of bad guys isnt time based but rather waits till you finish these three. Once you take out the last guy if you switch to your shotgun and run like hell to the openings you can shotgun the guys before they come out leaving their lifeless corpses to rain down on you like soft flower pedals in the morning sun.

Even though extremely difficult it is such a satisfying accomplishment because unlike most games you cant nerf the bad guys by getting into some special position or take them out through a glitch. Once they all fall dead its cause you are a absolute bad ass.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
BruceLeeRoy said:
It is by far the hardest part in the game on crushing.
Even the fight in the
courtyard outside the monastary at sunset
isnt nearly as difficult.

The key is taking out the guys on the ledges first since the guy in the water spends time running up to cover. If your fast you can take out both guys through headshots and some rapid firings and then rush the guy behind the pillar. Once there guys start dropping on the other side. One will try and rush you and the others will slowly flank a well placed grenade is absolutely essential for throwing them off it you can scare them into cover you can take them down one at a time and unlike the first three guys you fight the next round of bad guys isnt time based but rather waits till you finish these three. Once you take out the last guy if you switch to your shotgun and run like hell to the openings you can shotgun the guys before they come out leaving their lifeless corpses to rain down on you like soft flower pedals in the morning sun.

hahaha this is why you are the LeeRoy.

Good lord I love this game its cold as balls outside and my whole street is blanketed in snow but in the world of Uncharted I am toasty warm.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
BruceLeeRoy said:
Good lord I love this game its cold as balls outside and my whole street is blanketed in snow but in the world of Uncharted I am toasty warm.

I've been playing other stuff...i need to finish it on Crushing...Then I need to play some Oblivion this weekend....and some EP2....

Steroyd

Wow Boom Boom guy just loves Booming me. :(
I appreciate how when near an explosion there's ringing in your ear and sound fades out, nice touch. :)

Checked which rewards I unlocked and I've already unlocked mirror level, and the flip game everytime you die reward... they sure are going to fuxor with my perception. :S

Tiduz

Eurogaime
been a LONG time since i enjoyed myself so much. Holy shit i love this game.

uc.jpg

now i hope my DS3 arrives shortly after. im planning on playing 2nd time trough after i finish it with rumble. :p THE GAME IS THAT AWESOME.

Tiduz said:
been a LONG time since i enjoyed myself so much. Holy shit i love this game.

uc.jpg

now i hope my DS3 arrives shortly after. im planning on playing 2nd time trough after i finish it with rumble. :p THE GAME IS THAT AWESOME.

AHHH I wish so bad I could have the rumble.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
BruceLeeRoy said:
AHHH I wish so bad I could have the rumble.

i hear you, my order shipped 3th of december, hope i get it before christmas or else im without rumble untill next year :( wonder how long itll take from japan to europe, used yesasia :)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My wife and I think this is easily the best voice-acted game we have ever heard. I am simply astounded by the production values of Uncharted and look forward to resuming my adventure this evening.

Top Bottom