• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uni student makes rap video promoting lynchings & White power

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/old-dominion-investigates-video-promoting-lynching-white-power/article_131b60b6-805e-5402-9614-588650b68060.html
lock if old

A racist video featuring a woman wearing an Old Dominion University T-shirt and singing a rap song about lynching and white power shocked students on the Norfolk campus this week after it was shared on social media.

At times wearing what appears to be a Donald Trump mask and another T-shirt that says "My president is white," the woman waves a gun in the video as she sings about killing black people. A racial slur appears on the screen mocking Black History Month, and at one point, the woman stubs out a cigarette on a napkin that says "Black lives matter."

In a joint statement sent to the campus community Tuesday, ODU President John Broderick and Student Government Association President Rachael Edmonds called the video "an outrageous act of hate and intolerance and we are sickened by this vile video. There is no place on this campus for hate and divisiveness."

Edmonds said by phone that she was confused and very hurt, as a woman of color but also as a student. "It doesn't represent our students on our university. You can see that on our campus, how our students have come together. They're not standing for it."

"Hang a nigger nigger, White power"
"No more eating watermelon in the White House"

Full video here

What's the deal with racists?

B17QqLA.jpg

Feeling empowered lately?

That high school essay was certainly the most racist thing I've seen in a while

*opens this thread*

Whelp.

What the fuck is wrong with people

R0ckman

It gets to the point where you have to ask yourself who REALLY looks bad with all of this stuff.

I'd like for these guys just to embrace being evil (comic book villain style) and not try and go through mental gymnastics trying to rationalize this nonsense without being granted a label of shame. I might have more respect for them.

KaoteK

Jesus watching this after watching the viceland video has made me fucking depressed, and I don't even live in the states.

her tat is already being analyzed

hope she fucked up

White supremacists are typically pretty stupid so this is nothing out of the norm for them. It's going to be fun watching this play out once the ball get's rolling.

I'm pissed that she can get a Sig Sauer P320 but dumb ass California won't allow me to have one.

Seems like an attempt at satire to be honest. Because making a video like this unironically doesn't make sense to me

Yeah it's ironic satire. Just like that fraternity that sung about lynching black people. Incidences like this being satire happens alot less frequently than just racists being idiots.

Maxinas

You know, on a good note, i'm partially glad Donald Trump happened, because it's unmasking all these two-faced, ignorant, heathens who've been hiding in the shadows filled with unbridled hate for people of color. These people need to not only be shamed on, but have their lives completely shat on to get a taste of their own medicine.

Just wait until internet detectives find out who she is and as a result she gets like expelled or kicked out the school. She'll then release a statement saying she has learned the errors of her ways and that she is truly sorry, that it was all a joke. Then she'll go on social media about how her life is ruined, and we'll get a bunch of people talking about feeling bad, and that she could be taught (indirectly suggesting a black person does the teaching).

She needs to work on her cadence and inflection. She's all over the place and just sounds awful

fuck this scum. Hope someone can figure out who she is

besada

Banned
Maybe it's satire? After watching the video, iit's the only thing that makes sense!

Seems like an attempt at satire to be honest. Because making a video like this unironically doesn't make sense to me

This is getting old. Every time some asshole decides to vent their racism publicly, folks show up in the thread to suggest it's satire. It's not fucking satire, it's racism. And pretending it doesn't exist doesn't help, but is an insult to its intended victims.

Cut it out.

You know, on a good note, i'm partially glad Donald Trump happened, because it's unmasking all these two-faced, ignorant, heathens who've been hiding in the shadows filled with unbridled hate for people of color. These people need to not only be shamed on, but have their lives completely shat on to get a taste of their own medicine.

I agree 100%. I'd rather have them in my face than behind my back and so many have been exposed in my personal life thanks to Trump and his anti-PC stance that emboldens them.

Hopefully showing her tattoo will lead to someone working out who she is and getting her expelled. It's worrying that someone like that can get a pistol in the US...

mr2xxx

Banned
That was so racist I had turn my phone to the lowest sound level and I live alone. This shit is gonna get worse and worse.

Hopefully showing her tattoo will lead to someone working out who she is and getting her expelled. It's worrying that someone like that can get a pistol in the US...

Then this may give you gray hairs but most people like her are gun owners. And a lot of them get military style training with them.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

I agree 100%. I'd rather have them in my face than behind my back and so many have been exposed in my personal life thanks to Trump and his anti-PC stance that emboldens them.

Relevant:

https://youtu.be/yblTtFnSVaA

Nudull

Banned
Who or what is she supposed to be satirizing?
I get that there is a desire to immediately find an excuse for white racism but come on.

Clearly satirizing how PC we've become by spewing an endless stream of racism because...something about trigger warnings or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom