• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uni student makes rap video promoting lynchings & White power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan 3414

Seems like an attempt at satire to be honest. Because making a video like this unironically doesn't make sense to me

The use of rap references here in a white power anthem seemed a bit too ironic. That's why I questioned if the video was satirical in some form. That's not me trying to sweep white racism under the rug, believing the video to be funny, or justifying the video's existence.

I mean really, a racist college kid somehow referencing a Young Jeezy song, and a relatively unpopular one at that? Snatching an artform, to use it to tell the creators of that artform to go back to Africa? A literal example of wanting to take black culture without the black people. I have some doubts that whoever created this video doesn't see the incongruity in that

Seems like an attempt at satire to be honest. Because making a video like this unironically doesn't make sense to me

No? She is a racist.

The use of rap references here in a white power anthem seemed a bit too ironic. That's why I questioned if the video was satirical in some form. That's not me trying to sweep white racism under the rug, believing the video to be funny, or justifying the video's existence.

I mean really, a racist college kid somehow referencing a Young Jeezy song, and a relatively unpopular one at that? Snatching an artform, to use it to tell the creators of that artform to go back to Africa? A literal example of wanting to take black culture without the black people. I have some doubts that whoever created this video doesn't see the incongruity in that

She is a racist. Why are you expecting her rant to make sense or her medium to be relevant? She is a dumb, hateful, ignorant racist. Why are you defending her?

RinsFury

Is this post satire? What the hell.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.

Not surprising as white people have a history of stealing and benefitting off of everything blacks create, and it still goes on today.

theWB27

Say it with me....she's racist.

Skilletor

It's crazy the hoops you're jumping through when the answer is just that this bitch is racist. Why you acting like racists think logically?

That's it. There's no 4th dimensional chess going on. White people have a history of appropriating black culture.

What's the deal with racists?

B17QqLA.jpg

Feeling empowered lately?

Eh, there were always crack pots on the fringes of the internet posting horrid shit like this. Now there just seems to be more of an effort to dig this shit up.

RinsFury

Eh, there were always crack pots on the fringes of the internet posting horrid shit like this. Now there just seems to be more of an effort to dig this shit up.

No, they are definitely more brazen than before. The alt-right has transformed the republican party into an openly white supremacist movement, whereas before they used to hide that shit behind closed doors.

Where's the rap?

I assumed your original post was sarcasm but uh... nah breh. You're doing too much thinking for something/one that doesn't warrant it.

Skilletor

Or it's happening more often because we have a racist president with racist cabinet members and racist advisers. It was alawys happening, but now people think it's okay because the people in power show that it is.

They can say, "don't be racist cunts," but they're winking when they say it because it's absolutely okay to be a racist cunt. You can't say it isn't when the highest positions in america are occupied by these people.

Daria

what a strange world we live in when racism is considered satire but a BLM protest is a terror organization. must be that white privledge that gives them benefit of the doubt

Daria

yah, we know you're white. "my president is black" has been an anthem within the black community for the entire Obama administration and it by no means is "unpopular", only to white folks. but again, they always are appropriating black culture so i'm not surprised you're downplaying the significance of the song.

Mael

I'd prefer myself that we let quantum to physics and rip that out of racism discussion.
That student was racist, how much more clear does it need to be?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Holy fuck. For the safety of her fellow students, I hope her identity is found out and she is expelled.

White supremacists are typically pretty stupid so this is nothing out of the norm for them. It's going to be fun watching this play out once the ball get's rolling.

I'm pissed that she can get a Sig Sauer P320 but dumb ass California won't allow me to have one.
Nah, there's a lot of smart supremacists. Look at how they infiltrated law enforcement and subverted the public eye for so long.

Fisty

So they have a picture of a forearm tattoo and know which college she goes to

This shouldn't take long. Can't wait to see her dismissed and publicly shamed

ElRenoRaven

Absolutely fucking disgusting. I hope they find out who she is and she gets everything she so rightfully deserves. These pieces of trash deserve everything they get.

Nah, there's a lot of smart supremacists. Look at how they infiltrated law enforcement and subverted the public eye for so long.

Maybe smart to white folks but black people have known this since the police force became a thing. White America not listening to us doesn't make these supremacists "smart" it just means a large portion of America is dumb for not caring

Maybe smart to white folks but black people have known this since the police force became a thing. White America not listening to us doesn't make these supremacists "smart" it just means a large portion of America is dumb for not caring
Yea, I was referring to people besides black folks. But no one listens to us so...

But you're right it doesn't make em smart per se, but the fact that they realized they had to get into those positions and actually did I'd say is smart.

Yep.

Mostly a "It doesn't happen to me so I don't see a problem." kind of mentality.

To be fair there isn't much to "infiltrate" when law enforcement is often rampant with racism from top to bottom.

It's almost like a bee sneaking into a bee hive.

NoRéN

I'm starting to wonder if the "call everything racist 'satire'" crowd is just doing this as a thinly veiled attempt to hide their own bigotry and racist views.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
NoRéN;230912765 said:
I'm starting to wonder if the "call everything racist 'satire'" crowd is just doing this as a thinly veiled attempt to hide their own bigotry and racist views.

Naw, its just a distinct lack of empathy and critical thinking. Maybe call it white'splaining.

rjinaz

So they have a picture of a forearm tattoo and know which college she goes to

This shouldn't take long. Can't wait to see her dismissed and publicly shamed

Keep in mind this broke on the 21st and nothing yet. It's possible the college sweater was just a ruse.

This is getting old. Every time some asshole decides to vent their racism publicly, folks show up in the thread to suggest it's satire. It's not fucking satire, it's racism. And pretending it doesn't exist doesn't help, but is an insult to its intended victims.

Cut it out.
Thank god. It's tiring seeing this in every thread like this.

Shoeless

Let's all take a moment to take in the stupidity of using rap to hate black people.

It's no sillier than all those Jews and historians insisting that Jesus Christ was indigenous to the Middle East region. Everyone knows that in addition to the virgin birth, he was also white as driven snow...

Johndoey

Banned
This is getting old. Every time some asshole decides to vent their racism publicly, folks show up in the thread to suggest it's satire. It's not fucking satire, it's racism. And pretending it doesn't exist doesn't help, but is an insult to its intended victims.

Cut it out.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom