• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlocking Jill Valentine: Resident Evil 1's Inezh revealed

consoul

The real identity of the elusive 'Inezh', who performed the role of Jill Valentine in Resident Evil's live action FMVs has been one of gaming's persistent mysteries.

I wasn't even trying to solve this nearly 30 year old mystery, but she just came forward and commented on one of the YouTube clips I uploaded of her performing in karaoke videos in the mid 90's. I just clicked through to her profile from her comment and there was her full name and photo.

So gaf, I can reveal the OG Jill Valentine is Inez Paulson, formerly Inez Jesionowski.
72hsFRu.png

Toots

Gold Member
I don't think you get it. Fans has been tracking every actors down over the decades. She's the only one who has yet to be tracked down

I get it's interesting to the fans !
My post was more of a joke attempt going like this : instead of "today i learned" the name of the actress who played Jill Valentine, i learned that people were looking for her.
Win some, loose some...

Also my god it's like they took Barry straight from the game, dude is his character 1:1

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
That's great news. Maybe they will attend one of those YouTube reunions.

Last edited:
I don't think you get it. Fans has been tracking every actors down over the decades. She's the only one who has yet to be tracked down

From what I understand, she's been tracked down for a few years now. When approached, she doesn't want anything to do with RE or to be interviewed because she's focusing on being a parent and put her modeling career behind her.

Very odd she's youtube searching her name and Resident Evil to find these, I wonder if someone linked her to them in an effort to convince her to do an interview for her fans. I hope seeing the respect given to the cast in the ROE interview you linked might change her mind if someone showed her.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The real identity of the elusive 'Inezh', who performed the role of Jill Valentine in Resident Evil's live action FMVs has been one of gaming's persistent mysteries.

I wasn't even trying to solve this nearly 30 year old mystery, but she just came forward and commented on one of the YouTube clips I uploaded of her performing in karaoke videos in the mid 90's. I just clicked through to her profile from her comment and there was her full name and photo.

So gaf, I can reveal the OG Jill Valentine is Inez Paulson, formerly Inez Jesionowski.
72hsFRu.png
No way that's a recent picture of her, she has to be hitting 50+ now
She definitely reminds me of someone I actually know though 🤔

Last edited:

wa600

How did you stumble upon these karaoke videos? Did you know beforehand that 'Jill' was in them or how did you realize that?
I never even knew more stuff of her existed and I've never seen it mentioned by anyone.

Surprised by her message. How some resident evil channels presented it, it looked like she was trying to avoid being recognized at all costs. I was actually thinking this might be some troll, but that (newer) profile picture totally looks like her.

I am also perplexed how noone seemed to realize that the girl playing Rebecca was actually in a Gackt music video.

consoul

How did you stumble upon these karaoke videos? Did you know beforehand that 'Jill' was in them or how did you realize that?
I was going through a stage of buying lots of old laserdiscs. Due to their weight, buying bulk lots is often a better deal than paying shipping for individual titles. Consequently, I ended up with all kinds of random extras. I have so many karaoke discs now that I never wanted. I put them on as wallpaper while working sometimes just to enjoy terrible renditions of bad songs.

Late last year I saw a face that looked like Jill's in a couple of videos on a karaoke compilation laserdisc. Resident Evil was the first PlayStation game I ever bought and I've been a big fan of it and the series ever since. I checked the game's FMVs again and it was clear to me this was the same person. The laserdisc was from 1996, so the timing seems to line up.

I figured some Resi fans would be interested in seeing these clips featuring Inezh so I started seeking out other karaoke laserdiscs from the same production company made in 1996 and 1997. Sure enough, I found clips featuring Inezh on most of them. It took me a while to get around to it, but I eventually uploaded all the songs I found (20+) to YouTube.

Barely got any views, but that wasn't the point. I just wanted to share them online for the Resident Evil community. Much to my surprise, evidently Inez herself found them and decided to drop a comment.

Top Bottom