• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Trystane: Don't be afraid.
Myrcella: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.
Trystane: What are you talking about?
Myrcella: I love you.
Trystane: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.
Myrcella: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

*Meanwhile, Jaime watches from a distance and cries seeing as his daughter is stupid

munchie64

Myrcella: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.
Trystane: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.
Myrcella: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

*Meanwhile, Jaime watches from a distance and cries seeing as his daughter is stupid
You mean niece right?

Speevy

Banned

Then the sand snakes show up.

xena-warrior-princess-2-o.gif

Dany is burning people alive without a trial and being crazier/dumber than she was in the books. Hisdahr is more likable than Dany.

On one hand, I'm grateful to be spared the endless begging and pleading about fighting pits and marriage, but making the wedding Dany's idea is dumb and makes no sense.

"Instead of burning you, I will force you to marry me and and then everyone will love me for sure".

It just comes out of nowhere and at no point has she received council that might make her think it's a good idea.

-griffy-

Banned
It just comes out of nowhere and at no point has she received council that might make her think it's a good idea.

That was kind of the point though, wasn't it? Her convo with Missendei right before is essentially "You get counsel, you follow the counsel, and shit often ends up bad. You can make your own decisions too."

It was her doing what she thought was right, rather than what one of her councilors thought (such as following Daario's advice and using her dragons earlier in the episode).

That was kind of the point though, wasn't it? Her convo with Missendei right before is essentially "You get counsel, you follow the counsel, and shit often ends up bad. You can make your own decisions too."

It was her doing what she thought was right, rather than what one of her councilors thought (such as following Daario's advice and using her dragons earlier in the episode).
It just came across as her making one more stupid decision as opposed to some sort of instilled wisdom or putting her wants aside in favour of the needs of the people. No deliberation, just, "People will love me if I do this".
But again, the lead up to it bored the shit out of me in the books so anything that expedites Meereen is a plus I guess

Kain

Maybe Areo Hotah will kill all three sand snakes. That would totally redeem their storyline.

He was totally ready to kill Ellaria a couple of weeks ago and there is no Arianne, so...

I forgot, was it stated anywhere throughout AFFC or ADWD why Areo is so fiercely loyal to Doran? If I remember correctly he came along with Doran's wife and stayed with when she left for... reasons? Is it because he considers Arianne a daughter or was there something else? :S

Sean C

I forgot, was it stated anywhere throughout AFFC or ADWD why Areo is so fiercely loyal to Doran? If I remember correctly he came along with Doran's wife and stayed with when she left for... reasons? Is it because he considers Arianne a daughter or was there something else? :S
Basically just because he's been trained his whole life to be fiercely loyal to whoever he's serving, which is Doran (who I guess got custody of Areo in the divorce even though he came with Mellario).

bengraven

With Areo I always had the feeling he would kill whomever Doran asked, but would never have actually suggested it. He seems like the type who would have just stood there and not done the pantomime to Martell: "should I...?" *Doran shakes his head*.

But maybe I'm nit-picking.

NeoGiff

With Areo I always had the feeling he would kill whomever Doran asked, but would never have actually suggested it. He seems like the type who would have just stood there and not done the pantomime to Martell: "should I...?" *Doran shakes his head*.

But maybe I'm nit-picking.

I fully agree. That part really pissed me off in that episode but I didn't mention it here because I thought it would he considered too nitpicky.

Iksenpets

Banned
This is pretty painful. Arya's current arc is ace and the last we saw of her was washing down the corpse. Oh well, it should be pretty good when she kills Ser Meryn and becomes Face.

I'm kind of glad they've deemphasized Arya while she's not important. They've given us just enough to know how her training is going, and that's all we really need. Sansa and the Boltons are more important right now.

I fully agree. That part really pissed me off in that episode but I didn't mention it here because I thought it would he considered too nitpicky.

I thought it implied that maybe Doran really has had Areo take more brutal action in the past, and that's why Areo was so quick to assume maybe he would want to again. A little hint that maybe Doran isn't the peacenik he appears. Maybe he's had to take out a few people in the past to protect all his conspiring.

bengraven

I'm wondering what part he'll even play in the future of all this. If he's going to play a part with Jaime's rescue or background fodder - because if so, why even cast him?

I have to be honest, though, I'm very curious how the Jaime thing will work out. We've seen pics where he's
imprisoned
, but how it all ends or if it even ends this season we genuinely have no idea. We know he's
going to fight a Sand Snake
but I'd love to see Jaime versus Areo. It could be the Mountain vs. Brienne moment of the season.

I thought it implied that maybe Doran really has had Areo take more brutal action in the past, and that's why Areo was so quick to assume maybe he would want to again. A little hint that maybe Doran isn't the peacenik he appears. Maybe he's had to take out a few people in the past to protect all his conspiring.

I'm assuming Doran's long game is still intact on the show. I wonder if he really doesn't approve of Trystane and Myrcella getting close. Or if Myrcella's violent rescue happens and he's like "well, it's okay, you don't need to marry a princess when you can marry a queen..."

Actually, i think I've used that last line twice already. If it's actually on the show please don't think I have some kind of insider information. It's just so obvious knowing GRRM's writing style. :p

Kain

I'm wondering what part he'll even play in the future of all this. If he's going to play a part with Jaime's rescue or background fodder - because if so, why even cast him?

I have to be honest, though, I'm very curious how the Jaime thing will work out. We've seen pics where he's
imprisoned
, but how it all ends or if it even ends this season we genuinely have no idea. We know he's
but I'd love to see Jaime versus Areo. It could be the Mountain vs. Brienne moment of the season.

But it's going to be Bronn vs Areo for sure. I have no idea what are they going to do with Jaime himself this season, that's for sure.

-griffy-

Banned
I think you guys are over-reading the Areo thing. It was just a very easy, quick way to establish the character to the audience without the need for expository dialog. He has no problem doing violent stuff for Doran, but won't do it unless he's given an order.

Brakke

Banned
How you excited about anything to do with Areo? Boy hasn't done anything at all yet. So far he's a mannequin in a nice costume holding a cool prop.

I still dunno how I feel about handless Jaime fighting people. I liked in the books how he just never fought anyone ever again. Like a full transition to Jaime Nouveau. But I also liked his fight on the beach with that redshirt.

bengraven

But it's going to be Bronn vs Areo for sure. I have no idea what are they going to do with Jaime himself this season, that's for sure.

Jaime and Bronn. Shielded, automated doorways created by ancient Maesters force the combatants apart and Jaime gets behind. Bronn is killed by being stabbed after chopping Areo's staff in half. Areo knocks Jaime down a well. He kicks at him. Jaime uses the Force to jump up, cut Areo in half and knock him down the well.

Jaime holds Bronn as he's dying. Bronn says, "tell Tyrion...I was going to name the bebbeh after him..."

I think you guys are over-reading the Areo thing. It was just a very easy, quick way to establish the character to the audience without the need for expository dialog. He has no problem doing violent stuff for Doran, but won't do it unless he's given an order.

Oh it's nickpicky as fuck. hahaha. I won't disagree and even admit to it. He just seemed to not have the gall to ask in the books but in the show maybe they're more casual. Nitpicky. But we're bored between episodes so pick at nits. If we didn't, the nits would drive us mad as we wait for Winds to get here.

Iksenpets

Banned

imprisoned

I'm assuming Doran's long game is still intact on the show. I wonder if he really doesn't approve of Trystane and Myrcella getting close. Or if Myrcella's violent rescue happens and he's like "well, it's okay, you don't need to marry a princess when you can marry a queen..."

Actually, i think I've used that last line twice already. If it's actually on the show please don't think I have some kind of insider information. It's just so obvious knowing GRRM's writing style. :p

Seeing as Jaime barely held his own against Random Dornish Guard #2, I doubt he'll get any "epic" fights. All Jaime fights from here until he dies will involve comedic shenanigans with his hand. He'll barely survive his fight with Obara until Hotah comes to break the fight up, while Bronn holds his own against Nym and Tyene. Then, later Bronn will somehow get tied up with the Snakes, and will get his final fight against Hotah.

bengraven

Seeing as Jaime barely held his own against Random Dornish Guard #2, I doubt he'll get any "epic" fights. All Jaime fights from here until he dies will involve comedic shenanigans with his hand. He'll barely survive his fight with Obara until Hotah comes to break the fight up, while Bronn holds his own against Nym and Tyene. Then, later Bronn will somehow get tied up with the Snakes, and will get his final fight against Hotah.

Like I said, very seriously mind you, above: it could be both of them.

Kain

Jaime and Bronn. Shielded, automated doorways created by ancient Maesters force the combatants apart and Jaime gets behind. Bronn is killed by being stabbed after chopping Areo's staff in half. Areo knocks Jaime down a well. He kicks at him. Jaime uses the Force to jump up, cut Areo in half and knock him down the well.

Jaime holds Bronn as he's dying. Bronn says, "tell Tyrion...I was going to name the bebbeh after him..."

Shit, you just gave me nightmares. Thank the gods Lucas is not involved in TFA.

munchie64

I like how I didn't know where this was going till well AFTER the force jump.

bengraven

I love the first picture.

I made a choice...and I choose to not let you walk down this street in broad daylight.

Shit, you just gave me nightmares. Thank the gods Lucas is not involved in TFA.

He is going to become series producer on season 8 of GOT.

"Uh..um...I'm looking at the first few seasons and the...uh...CGI just wasn't where it should be...we're...uh...going to make a few improvements there...um...people complained that Abel was not at the King's dinner at Winterfell...we're adding him to it playing a big pop accoustic song..."

I like how I didn't know where this was going till well AFTER the force jump.

I blame myself for the poor writing, not because I deliberately delivered something clever and "ah ha!".

I guess we'll have to wait and see for the official tally. Feels like the show has already reached its apex in viewers and interest, but I could be wrong

I wonder what would happen if they ended on Jon getting stabbed. People supposedly gave up after the RW, and Oberyn. Deaths lose shock value I guess when they happen every season. But I can't see them doing it in episode 9.

Iksenpets

Banned

So, between the preview video, episode description, and now the released images
is this our first Wall-free episode of the season? I though maybe Aemon's death would be this ep, but I guess it's episode seven. RARE NESTED SPOILERS FOR A DIFFERENT SET OF LEAKS:
That would fit with the leak of Sam/Gilly sex in episode 7, since they would keep it as a mourning thing. And they could have Jon send Sam away to replace Aemon just as he's leaving for Hardhome, so that he'll be gone when they get back.

Casting thing you posted:
Glad to see Yara is back; they need to salvage that situation somehow. I'm going to guess we'll get a scene of her learning her dad is dead, and then something prompting her to march in a way that will hook her up with Stannis by season's end.

foxtrot3d

Banned
He is going to become series producer on season 8 of GOT.

"Uh..um...I'm looking at the first few seasons and the...uh...CGI just wasn't where it should be...we're...uh...going to make a few improvements there...um...people complained that Abel was not at the King's dinner at Winterfell...we're adding him to it playing a big pop accoustic song..."

Every scene is so dense, there is so much going on.

Areo returns in Season 6, his lower half replaced with a giant spider.

Marz

I feel like Jaime's endgame involves him learning how to fight with one hand and becoming just as deadly with 1 as he was with 2.

He's just not ready yet.

I feel like Jaime's endgame involves him learning how to fight with one hand and becoming just as deadly with 1 as he was with 2.

He's just not ready yet.

Nah, I expect it to have to do with the oft-repeated "hands of gold" poem/song from the book. He's probably going to kill Cersei with his golden hand.

Yonafunu

I love how the show took the defining characteristic of the Sand Snakes, that they're all completely different, and did the complete opposite, like give them a fucking uniform.

Nah, I expect it to have to do with the oft-repeated "hands of gold" poem/song from the book. He's probably going to kill Cersei with his golden hand.

Eeeh, we already had that with Tyrion killing Shae with the necklace.

foxtrot3d

Banned

He's just not ready yet.

Nah, Jaimie is learning that he is more than his sword hand. His endgame would be him becoming a competent leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom