• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Every scene is so dense, there is so much going on.

It's like poetry.

Areo returns in Season 6, his lower half replaced with a giant spider.

Prequel will be Rob's rebellion starring some teens from CW and all about the soap opera romance and love triangle between Rhaegar and Robert and Lyanna. Starring Ewan MgGregor as Jon Arryn. Season 7 episode 10 is Lyanna dying of a broken heart, Ned sending Meera Targaryan off with Howland Reed and taking Jon Targaryan home with him to Winterfell.

bengraven

Maybe this time Yara will chase a dog.

Edit: Once again, Tyene Sand's actress is younger than Sophie, and we already know
she has a nude scene

In fairness, though, we didn't watch her grow up. Which is also why so many people are "white knighting her virginity".

Otherwise, since she's incredibly gorgeous, I'd be like so there's still a chance.gif.

tumblr_mdg8ms1uAy1rqkkzco2_r1_500.gif

Sean C

So, between the preview video, episode description, and now the released images
is this our first Wall-free episode of the season? I though maybe Aemon's death would be this ep, but I guess it's episode seven. RARE NESTED SPOILERS FOR A DIFFERENT SET OF LEAKS:
That would fit with the leak of Sam/Gilly sex in episode 7, since they would keep it as a mourning thing. And they could have Jon send Sam away to replace Aemon just as he's leaving for Hardhome, so that he'll be gone when they get back.
If there's no Wall this week, that will knock three of the five remaining characters who have been in all five episodes out of the running (Jon, Sam, Stannis), leaving only two left: Tyrion and Sansa. Tyrion I'm pretty sure will be in all the episodes this year, while Sansa will be in at least nine, and possibly all of them.

Do you think they'll ever use the main theme in the actual show? Like during a battle scene or in a duel of some sort. Breaking Bad did it, and I think it would be neat if this show did as well.

Iksenpets

Banned
If there's no Wall this week, that will knock three of the five remaining characters who have been in all five episodes out of the running (Jon, Sam, Stannis), leaving only two left: Tyrion and Sansa. Tyrion I'm pretty sure will be in all the episodes this year, while Sansa will be in at least nine, and possibly all of them.

I think Tyrion may sit episode 8 out. Hardhome is going to eat up a lot of space. Capture by slavers in episode 6, gladiator demonstration and auction in 7, then skip to the pit in 9. Sansa ending up the only character to touch every episode would not have been something I expected at the start of this season.

No lies detected, Ser.

Dude has some great material in ADWD and TWOW. I understand the TV narrative reasons for his death (Jorah and Tyrion will be taking his adviser role basically) but still it was a bad scene, and I'd rather see Barristan wrecking fighting pit goons than Jorah.

foxtrot3d

Banned
He's right on all counts

As much as I enjoy the salt (and I do enjoy it) I do feel he should be grateful he got the role and was allowed to play the part for as long as he did. No need to hack off D&D's heads when A) You don't know all the details of Selmy's story in the future books and B) Tons of other story lines and characters have been cut. I still feel for the guy but maybe wait until the season or series is over before pouring on the salt.

As much as I enjoy the salt (and I do enjoy it) I do feel he should be grateful he got the role and was allowed to play the part for as long as he did. No need to hack off D&D's heads when A) You don't know all the details of Selmy's story in the future books and B) Tons of other story lines and characters have been cut. I still feel for the guy but maybe wait until the season or series is over before pouring on the salt.

He's not really hacking anyone's heads off. Those comments aren't very aggressive at all. Hell, he even says "I'm very happy how it went down."

Iksenpets

Banned

I can see him being particularly bitter, just because he sat out a season and then showed up for two more seasons of doing absolutely nothing, with the promise of season 5-6 payoff, only to learn that the payoff got cut. It's gotta suck.

So I'm guessing you guys don't like the show

I like the show! More than most. And I think a lot of their changes have worked out really well. This one just bugs me. It's not Yara-and-the-dogs bad, or Jaime-is-a-rapist bad, but it's annoying in its own way. They just clearly didn't care about that character at all.

Lothar

Banned
Oh man Barristan Selmy is salty as hell for what D&D did to his character, I love it.

He should be. By not having his character's best moments, he lost out on the opportunity to show off his best work as that character. I feel bad for him.

And it was a decision for no reason. It didn't make a better show. It didn't make people more interested in that part of the story.

Did you miss the part where he wrote a letter to D&D arguing why his character should not be killed and they laughed it off and said the letter "made them want to kill him more". I think he has good reason to be upset at them.

bengraven

Did you read the latest Reddit theory? It's basically a show version where D is still = E except without E and actually makes some sense.

Bottom line is, with Selmy gone
it's going to make Dany more vulnerable in the next few episodes and that could be a time for Daario to betray her if he in fact plans to.

Also, since I'm mining Reddit:

NzH8K4j.jpg

cj_iwakura

I like the show, but more than ever, it's so far off the rails that I have no idea what's going to happen.

Maybe that's part of the charm at this point.

Boy have they really screwed the Ironborn. That's the only change I really hate.

Speevy

Banned
Honestly, it seems to me that the producers decided a Grey Worm death would have no weight to it.

I don't like that he's gone, but this is a show known for killing its stars. He had to have at least known it was a possibility.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Did you miss the part where he wrote a letter to D&D arguing why his character should not be killed and they laughed it off and said the letter "made them want to kill him more". I think he has good reason to be upset at them.

Is that true? That sounds like some bs or maybe they were just kidding.

Speevy

Banned
Every Christmas there is no Winds of Winter, D&D send George R. R. Martin a present.

Inside are the severed prop heads of two characters who aren't dead yet in the books.

Lothar

Banned
Is that true? That sounds like some bs or maybe they were just kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvVluNxujc&feature=youtu.be&t=1h13m10s

They came off as pretty unlikable here. Not only build up a character up and then not pay off on the build up (He is basically Quintyn), make a scene that looked shitty and even non-book readers said was inconsistent with the story, deprive an actor of what would have been his biggest role in the character, but be snooty about it too.

foxtrot3d

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvVluNxujc&feature=youtu.be&t=1h13m10s

They came off as pretty unlikable here. Not only build up a character up and then not pay off on the build up (He is basically Quintyn), make a scene that looked shitty and even non-book readers said was inconsistent with the story, deprive an actor of what would have been his biggest role in the character, but be snooty about it too.

Hmph, that was kinda assholeish. Then again, we don't know the details of that conversation I can understand D&D getting frustrated if an actor was seriously resisting what they were writing.

Jigorath

Banned

What salt? All he did was point out that show Selmy wasn't handled as well as book Selmy. Pretty much the same thing most book readers have been saying lately.

Speevy

Banned
D&D do seem like jerks, but they know what sells.

I wonder what this show would have been like if they had made GRRM one of the writers for every episode, and let him finish his books on screen.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
D&D do seem like jerks, but they know what sells.

I wonder what this show would have been like if they had made GRRM one of the writers for every episode, and let him finish his books on screen.

Probably a lot better. All the episodes he's credited for are my favorites.

Moff

yeah in the interview after the death he already made clear how disappointed he was about his death, he was also one of the few actors who read the books and was looking forward to his later parts. I don't agree with him though that it was well done how he went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom