• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling you guys, the final scene of the season is going to be on the Iron Islands. People mourning Balon's death, someone getting the idea of Kingsmoot, and then The Silence landing on the shores of Pyke, with Daario at the helm. They just had to push back the Iron Islanders plot because they couldn't do it without revealing Daario=Euron.

Speevy

Banned
I'm telling you guys, the final scene of the season is going to be on the Iron Islands. People mourning Balon's death, someone getting the idea of Kingsmoot, and then The Silence landing on the shores of Pyke, with Daario at the helm. They just had to push back the Iron Islanders plot because they couldn't do it without revealing Daario=Euron.

And then a stray golden retriever is named king of the Iron Islands on account of everyone else fleeing the Kingsmoot.

And then a stray golden retriever is named king of the Iron Islands on account of everyone else fleeing the Kingsmoot.

But then, in a later scene, they show the dog running through the wilds of Westeros, only to find Rhaegar Targaryan. Who says "I need you to go find my son. He's over there, in that bamboo forest. Unconscious. I need you to go wake him up, okay? He has work to do."

kirblar

If they do this (and they totally might), this is an S06E01 thing, imo.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
So how does the last name for bastards work exactly. Like say two nobles have a child out of wedlock. Mother from the riverlands, father from Stormlands, child physically born in the Vale... what would the last name be?

So how does the last name for bastards work exactly. Like say two nobles have a child out of wedlock. Mother from the riverlands, father from Stormlands, child physically born in the Vale... what would the last name be?

Where the father is from I believe. Jon wasn't born I the north but he's a snow.

Drazgul

The bastard surname is based on the region where they are raised, so in levious's example the bastard would be a Stone (assuming the child stayed there).

As the surname is applied depending on the region where the bastard is raised, bastards who are half-siblings may have different surnames. For example, Robert Baratheon's eldest bastard, born in the Vale, is called Mya Stone while his bastard from the Stormlands is called Edric Storm. Bastards with no known relation to a noble house have no surname, like other smallfolk.

hoos30

D&D do seem like jerks, but they know what sells.

I wonder what this show would have been like if they had made GRRM one of the writers for every episode, and let him finish his books on screen.

We would still be waiting for season two to begin filming.

Moff

That's just a related link. The actress' I'm talking about is named Hattie Gotobed.

yes you can click on her name for a page about the actress and then there is a supposed imdb link for her and it leads to someone else, which makes me think it's just made up. no one is named gotobed.

Speevy

Banned
Speevy you probably have twice as many posts as anyone in this thread cuz you always double post. >.>

I have twice as many posts as anyone else because I post most of the speculative fanboy drivel in this thread. If you took out the painfully unfunny jokes and obviously incorrect book theories, I would probably have about ten posts in this thread.

Snake

Not cool to post leaked episode spoilers as speculation, brah.

bengraven

Where the father is from I believe. Jon wasn't born I the north but he's a snow.

I wonder if it would have spoiled the surprise if he was named Jon Blackfyre.

I thought only the first four were leaked?

Nope, last episode is leaked, too. Don't believe the spoilers he posted though, because he's just trying to be funny. In reality s[poilers] Lady Stoneheart eating Frey pies with Walder Manderly, Euron Greyjoy, and fucking Moonboy for all we know. /sp[oile]r

Patriots7

How could they leak the last episode? I thought it was only the ones sent out for journalists to screen.

Ugh I hated the leak. Can't even hypothesize without wondering if it actually happens.

NeoGiff

That [upcoming
Sand Snakes
quote]
"for Oberyn" line in unison
in the latest behind the scenes video is fucking terrible. It's just utter shite. What show am I even watching?

Brakke

Banned
I wanna go to Gin Alley in the show.

This only just occurred to me but: they don't actually have liquor in Westeros, right? How Could Gin Alley Be Real If Gin Isn't Real?

I have twice as many posts as anyone else because I post most of the speculative fanboy drivel in this thread. If you took out the painfully unfunny jokes and obviously incorrect book theories, I would probably have about ten posts in this thread.

<3

Szeth

That [upcoming
Sand Snakes
quote]
in the latest behind the scenes video is fucking terrible. It's just utter shite. What show am I even watching?

This is how I felt reading Dorne chapters, not surprised at all ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Valhelm

contribute something

It's supposed to be where the child was born (look at Maegor Rivers and Brynden Rivers), but Jon Snow is an exception.

I guess the smallfolk probably assume Jon was born in the North, so the name makes sense to them. But to those who believe Ashara Dayne is his mother, he should be John Sand.

Real Hero

Dorne in the show feels like its based around the worst aspects of the book, the darkstar element. Personally I think the first Dorne chapter in affc is one of the best written chapters and its shame the show has reduced that stuff to its worse aspects. I hope it gets better.

That [upcoming
Sand Snakes
quote]

I'm in favor of a lot of the changes the show is making to the Winterfell and Dorne plots this season in theory, but dear god is it whiffing badly on some of the execution of those changes.

If Daario = Euron I'll laugh so hard at my friends face.. I told them it was possible and they said I was crazy.

Brakke

Banned
Dorne in the show feels like its based around the worst aspects of the book, the darkstar element. Personally I think the first Dorne chapter in affc is one of the best written chapters and its shame the show has reduced that stuff to its worse aspects. I hope it gets better.

Doran, on imprisoning the Sand Snakes: "All Dorne will howl. I only pray Lord Tywin hears them in King's Landing, so he might know what a loyal friend he has in Sunspear."

So good.

bengraven

Whoa, I thought it was Gold Cloaks or Lannister guards (next episode)
stopping Littlefinger, but it's Sparrows. Let's add Littlefinger to the list.

Stannis
Shereen
Selyse
Littlefinger
Brienne
Bronn
Jaime

...of all the people who will "know" die this season. :p

Also:

SanMsay get married in front of the Weirdwood tree in Winterfell. This would be a perfect time to cut to Bran's face waking from a trance.

"Hodor?"
"Nothing...go to sleep...saw some fucked up shit that's all...just my imagination"

bengraven

Daario is Euron and R + L = J are the only two theories that make sense.

And this is the guy who laughed at all the tinfoilers who thought Aegon was alive.

Daario is Euron and R + L = J are the only two theories that make sense.

And this is the guy who laughed at all the tinfoilers who thought Aegon was alive.

Euron=Daario is impossible because of the timeline. It's as logical as the whole Mance=Rhaegar thing some people believe.

Brakke

Banned
Euron=Daario is impossible because of the timeline. It's as logical as the whole Mance=Rhaegar thing some people believe.

Lol I never heard Mance = Rhaegar.

High Howland is true for sure though.

Also all these nonsense conspiracies are George's own damn fault. I give the show credit for killing people straight out.

I don't get why so many consider the theory a joke. It's so obviously true.

A friend of mine was saying that he can't travel a world of distance so quickly.. I just think that he could be using some magic like Pryat Pree, Quaithe stuff... the man was in fucking Asshai, everything is possible. But no.. they said it doesn't make sense because that would be "too much" for ASOIAF standards... WTF there are DRAGONS, WARGS, CHILDREN OF THE FOREST AND FUCKING WHITE WALKERS YOU SOB lol

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
A friend of mine was saying that he can't travel a world of distance so quickly.. I just think that he could be using some magic like Pryat Pree, Quaithe stuff... the man was in fucking Asshai, everything is possible. But no.. they said it doesn't make sense because that would be "too much" for ASOIAF standards... WTF there are DRAGONS, WARGS, CHILDREN OF THE FOREST AND FUCKING WHITE WALKERS YOU SOB lol

Darrio = Euron could exist in the show stance, but not the book stance. Because Darrio is doing shit with Dany when Euron come in and takes over the Iron Islands.

PFD

I laughed way too hard at this.

images

Awful compression but still hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom