• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

Ugh, you Euarrio people need to stop. Do you really want that to be true especially since this new Daario has like no swagger? How could be possibly play Euron correctly?

Never!

NuDaario is hot. It's all that matters.

I think you must be the only person in this thread that believes Euron/Daario people are actually serious. lol Oh, wait. you're not really serious either.. :O

Ingeniero

Well fuck.
So Jon Con is cut from the show now that Jorah is the one with greyscale???....
That means that the Aegon JonCon storyline is not relevant because that Aegon is confirmed to be fake?? Holyshit more spoilers from the show
LhwRz7R.png

dubq

Speaking of nudity: How much will we really see in Cersei's upcoming Walk of Shame? I bet they cut it in a way that leaves everything to imagination. Which would be a shame, as everybody who has seen 300 will agree.

They used a body double for that scene anyway (according to reports).

Well, Kevan wasn't killed because he ruled poorly it was because of the exact opposite.

Yes, Varys killed Kevan because he would be a good ruler. With Show Tommen there's already another ineffectual king on the throne. I can't even remember the reason Pycelle was killed; it's not like he was a good councilor.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Gendry is gone, guys. He's gone.

He's just rowing man, he'll be back soon enough...

Yes, Varys killed Kevan because he would be a good ruler. With Show Tommen there's already another ineffectual king on the throne. I can't even remember the reason Pycelle was killed; it's not like he was a good councilor.

I think Varys just really hated the bastard, also he did routinely give good advice. In fact every advice he gives to Cercei is good and everything he counsels her against doing blows up in her face.

Kain

Watch LF be referring to Gendry somehow.

Mmmmmm that doesn't make much sense, so it will probably be true xD

In all seriousness, I really can't believe he was refering to Lancel when he talked about the gift, it's bad even for Pedro's standards.

D&D be all like "DAE LIKE TITS ? AMIRITE :DDDD"

episode was alright, way less trash than 6 at least
I really don't feel good about stannis, and didn't see what sansa stole
also brienne must be bored to death

KooopaKid

Banned
Heh, like I said there is SO much different at this point. Just think of it like this instead of contracting and converging storylines in books 4 and 5, GRRM actually expands the story introducing a sleuth of new characters and plots. Obviously, the show has neither the time nor budget to adapt such a grand scale and have sought instead to do the opposite, converging many plotlines and combining many characters together. For instance, Sansa is probably like four different characters in the show (Lady Dustin, Wyman Manderly, Jeyne Poole, and Sansa herself). She's also never been back to Winterfell in the books and is safe in the Eyrie learning to play the game with LF.

As to your questions, Melisandre stays with Jon at the Wall as she believes this is where her place is right now since the true battle for mankind will begin here and if the Wall falls then so does the realm. Mance Rayder is not killed, although that is a twist revealed later, the Wildings do not oppose following Stannis rather Jon Snow makes a deal with Stannis to keep all the Wildings he captured since he would just use them as cannon fodder anyway in exchange for very useful advice on how to defeat the Boltons. Jon contacts Tormund, who was never captured in the books, and strikes a deal so that all Wildings can pass beneath the Wall. I'll stop there since I don't know if you want everything spoiled. As far as Hardhome goes, there are a group of Wildings that follow some prophet called Mother Mole there and Jon orders Cotter Pyke, Commander of Eastwatch by the Sea, to take his ships and recuse them.

The Siege of Mereen is basically all the slave cities Dany conquered or bypassed rising up against her since she ended the Slave trade, even Qarth joins in and Volantis seems very likely to join the fun as well.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We'll see where the show is heading, but the overarching story still seems to be about the same so far. So I'd say they are doing a good job considering the shortcuts they have to take.

Marz

Yea Kevan hasn't even been seen since he put Cersei in her place at the small council meeting in either episode 1 or 2. His death wouldn't really make sense or have any impact on the viewers. So that's probably out.

If there's no scene of Doran convincing Jaime that Cersei is a lying bitch I'm going to be pissed. Jaime needs his character development quota this season.

Also, they should get the guy who originally was cast for Daario to play Euron for the ultimate mindfuck.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Watch LF be referring to Gendry somehow.
That's exactly who I thought he was referring to when he brought it up. Now Olenna has her key witness to break Cersei the same way that it went down with Loras.

Interested to see how they play with Jamie turning his back on her. I don't remember him ever getting the "fucking everyone, even Moonboy" line from Tyrion, so I'm not sure his betrayal by Cersei will resonate with show watchers as much.

Kain

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";165133113]
Also, they should get the guy who originally was cast for Daario to play Euron for the ultimate mindfuck.[/QUOTE]

Whoa there, that could be awesome. He comes out of a cellar or something, chained and with bruises and stuff and says that gruff dude has replaced him. Everyone would look at him like he was crazy (picture the final scene of Zoolander when Mugatu says that Blue steel is bullshit), then Euron smiles and grabs his own eye with two fingers, plucks it out and changes into the other actor, now two onscreen: the audience AND the characters' minds blown, he grabs Dany and teleports. Fade to black. Then a whisper "All of Euron's gifts are poisoned".

foxtrot3d

Banned
Thanks for taking the time to reply. We'll see where the show is heading, but the overarching story still seems to be about the same so far. So I'd say they are doing a good job considering the shortcuts they have to take.

Well, we don't really know what's the same anymore. The Dornish plot is the biggest example of this, right now to us book readers it makes no sense and we have no idea where it is going. Now, if "Trystaegon" is true then we'd have a better understanding but right now we know as much as Jon Snow.

I'm upset at Samwell getting beaten up by the random Night's Watch mooks.
After he was named a brother, he's risen to become a very able steward, earning respect due to his booksmarts, and his ability to tend to the ravens, even though he wasn't a good fighter. And even then he had earned his respect for killing an Other; in the books he never was sneered at so much.
The only guy who outright didn't like Sam then was the guy who used to aid Aemon but got put into the kennels instead (I forgot his name).

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm upset at Samwell getting beaten up by the random Night's Watch mooks.
After he was named a brother, he's risen to become a very able steward, earning respect due to his booksmarts, and his ability to tend to the ravens, even though he wasn't a good fighter. And even then he had earned his respect for killing an Other; in the books he never was sneered at so much.
The only guy who outright didn't like Sam then was the guy who used to aid Aemon but got put into the kennels instead (I forgot his name).

You forgetting Dareon who mockingly called him "Slayer" the whole time, I'd disagree with the notion that Sam has the respect of the entire NW.

I think Kevan will return to the capital when he hears that Cersei has been arrested and that her accuser is Lancel. It would be more than just a political matter, it would be a family matter for him.
Isn't that how it happens in the book as well?
I did like how Melisandre conveniently left out Balon Greyjoy when talking about the power of the blood or whatever.
Well yeah, it doesn't exactly help her argument if to their knowledge, Balon is still alive.

foxtrot3d

Banned
And then they say "BROTHER!" and you realize Daario was Victarian the whole time.

Someone else said that they weren't going to reach Westeros until book 7.

And then Theon eventually joins them and they're like "what happened to your smile, Theon? No more japes?" And Then is all like "I jape no longer, that weak boy is dead and drowned but what is dead may never die. Hear me now for the Drowned God has spoken to me, no godless man may sit the seastone chair!"

Chopper

I'm a little confused as to how non-book readers would have any idea what beans Lancel is bound to spill? I mean, he and Cersei were lovers in the books, right? This doesn't appear to explicitly be the case on the show. Lancel's kind of a nobody.

Moon

Banned
I'm a little confused as to how non-book readers would have any idea what beans Lancel is bound to spill? I mean, he and Cersei were lovers in the books, right? This doesn't appear to explicitly be the case on the show. Lancel's kind of a nobody.

There was a couple bed scenes of him and Cersei together

mantidor

They had sex in the show as well.

Not to mention Lancel asked forgiveness to Cersei for their "unnatural relationship".

bengraven

And then Theon eventually joins them and they're like "what happened to your smile, Theon? No more japes?" And Then is all like "I jape no longer, that weak boy is dead and drowned but what is dead may never die. Hear me now for the Drowned God has spoken to me, no godless man may sit the seastone chair!"

And then Daario goes "let us share salt wives to remind the kingdoms that we only sew discord!"

Theon's face drops...

RDreamer

bOJ996m.jpg

Edit: fuck, I thought you were in the wrong thread, but I'm in the wrong thread! Bailout.gif

bengraven

Pretty sad to think that on the show Lancel probably has more balls than Loras. The worst fucking squire and the best knight.

endre

he will be stabbed, the setup just keeps piling up more and more.
I have come more and more to peace with stannis dying, regardless if we see it this season or the next. his time is up, jon is r'hllors true champion.

If Stannis is to die soon, why did the show bother with that scene where Sam tells him about Dragonglass?

Speevy

Banned
So there are three episodes remaining. Let's do some predictions based on everything we know.

Everything I'm posting is in spoiler tags. Keep in mind that this includes all preview trailers, spoiler pictures from interviews, promo stuff, and IMDB even. IMDB has thus far steered us wrong on Gemma Whelan.

Episodes 8, 9, and 10

“Arya makes progress in her training. Sansa confronts an old friend. Cersei struggles. Jon travels.”

Based on the previews, Cersei struggling means that she's going to have many conversations with the brothers and sisters of the faith, pleading with them for favor and her life.

Arya making progress with her training means we'll probably see her change faces for the first time. This is of course to get her ready for episode 9 when she kills Meryn Trant. Perhaps she'll do this as the little girl from before, then morph back to Arya.

Sansa confronting an old friend has to be either Theon or Littlefinger. I don't know whether Littlefinger will travel back to Winterfell with the battles about to come, but I can't imagine anyone else. It could also be Brienne, though they're not old friends.

Speaking of Briene, her role in all this is pretty much a mystery. She's clearly about to try to rescue Sansa, but will she succeed or die? Ramsay is very much in tact when he goes to burn Stannis' camp.

While we're on Ramsay, he has at least three major scenes left this season. The first will be between he and Roose. Ramsay clearly can't stand the idea of Walda possibly giving birth to his replacement. Will Ramsay kill Walda? Will Ramsay kill Roose? The second scene is Ramsay burning Stannis' camp. How much damage will he do? Will he kill Stannis himself? His wife? His daughter? The third is Ramsay's fate and whether he dies this season or ultimately succeeds.

Sansa also has some major scenes that tie into Ramsay. Obviously Ramsay won't take Sansa to burn Stannis' camp, so she might be able to escape during this time. Or at least, she will have some major scenes. In the preview, it looks like she's with Ramsay telling Theon that she hates him, but I have a feeling the two will be reconciled by the end of the episode. I don't think Theon would betray Sansa twice, and they're not going to flay Brienne or Pod. That would just be redundant.

As far as Tyrion and Dany, the two will clearly have a long conversation about the Lannisters' position. Tyrion will explain that he killed his father and wishes to serve her, which will lead somehow to Varys coming back in episode 10. Now, Jorah's greyscale hasn't been mentioned since earlier in the season, but he might infect the city and prompt Dany to flee.

Speaking of Jorah, he's obviously fighting in Daznak's pit in the preview, but so is Daario. Are these two separate events? Jorah appears to be fighting in single combat, while Daario is joining the unsullied and fighting against all the slave masters.

Jaime Lannister is being led by Areo Hotah down to Dorann's throne. Dorann will no doubt ask Jaime to explain the meaning of all this, to which Jaime will mention the snake. Dorann will deny responsibility for it, which will destroy Jaime's bond with Cersei forever.

We know that Myrcella is okay for now, so at least that part of the prophecy isn't coming true yet.

However, what about Tommen? We've already established in many scenes that he lacks the will to rule, and now he doesn't even have his mother. He can either have all the sparrows killed or perhaps he'll die too as a season ender. I can't imagine them just letting him do absolutely nothing this entire season without any resolution to the sparrow storyline. Even if Margaery and Cersei are freed and the walk of shame happens, King's Landing can't remain under sparrow control for much longer.

Will Bronn be freed or will he be executed along with the sand snakes? Will he stay in Dorne forever?

Jon's storyline is pretty well laid out in the books. He fights with the WIldlings and returns to Castle Black. I don't know whether he'll receive a note from either Ramsay or Sansa, but something will make him leave and get stabbed.

Now, the big question is how Melisandre, Shireen, and Selyse play into all this. We already see Selyse crying. Is she crying over Melisandre leaving Stannis? Is she crying over losing her daughter? Is she crying over losing her husband? Will Stannis die in the cold with his daughter in his arms, or will he lose his soul for the chance to take the north from the Boltons.

We've already speculated a million times that Melisandre brings Jon back, but I have a feeling the writers are planning something a little different than what we all anticipate.

Yara Greyjoy has at least one scene this season, and I'm sure she'll reveal Balon's fate to Stannis. Maybe that's the thing that pushes him over edge into trusting Melsandre.

The greatest mystery is probably episode 10, since this is normally an aftermath episode or an episode that has heavy events that lead into the following season.

The unfortunate thing about episode 8 is that Stannis isn't in it, and it's almost entirely focused on Hardhome, Cersei, Sansa, and Arya.

Episode 9 synopsis says

Jon returns to the Wall; Arya runs into someone from her past; Mace visits the Iron Bank; Stannis faces a difficult decision; Daenerys oversees a celebration of athleticism.

Now, knowing how obvious it is that Arya will kill Meryn Trant, will Mace Tyrell survive his trip? What will the iron bank tell Mace? Stannis' decision is either going to be one of two things. Either he can press onward and die or retreat and live. Another decision which is obvious deals with whether to sacrifice Shireen. If he does not sacrifice Shireen, we will probably end this season with Stannis' death. If he does sacrifice Shireen, the Baratheon army will probably head for Winterfell in episode 10 and we'll get the conclusion next season.

Dany's celebration is Daznak's pit.

In the season 5 "burn" trailer, Melisandre has a lantern and is in one of Stannis' tent. This is probably where he tells her of his decision, either to send her away or burn Shireen.

he will be stabbed, the setup just keeps piling up more and more.
I have come more and more to peace with stannis dying, regardless if we see it this season or the next. his time is up, jon is r'hllors true champion.

I really liked someone's prediction a few pages back:

Stannis is injured in the fight at Winterfell. Jon will be stabbed and left to die. Melisandre will sacrafice Shireen to save him. Stannis doesn't wake up, she's killed for killing Shireen and Jon wakes up, season ends.

edit: Wrong name :lol

Having seen the episode, I now can imagine Stannis dying this season. He will refuse to burn Shireen (it was established that he deeply cares for her) and abandon Melisandre. This will lead to his doom and death, making way for Jon as the true chosen one.

I still hope Ramsay and Roose will die screaming. Maybe Brienne will take care of that. And Sansa didn't pick up that cork screw for nothing. The show loves that kind of Chekhov's guns.

Patriots7

I just don't get it. So the producers say that a hardened woman made a decision to marry Ramsay and be assaulted for revenge and to reclaim the North. So an episode later she's trying to escape?

Also, the "My family still has friends in the North" scene...referred to the old lady? Not the numerous houses in the North that were sworn to your father and house for hundreds of years?

And despite the boobies (Got Damn), Dorne was still horrible.

Kings Landing was good and I love Cersei and Lady Olenna. But, why is Littlefinger still in the capital?

I just don't get it. So the producers say that a hardened woman made a decision to marry Ramsay and be assaulted for revenge and to reclaim the North. So an episode later she's trying to escape?

Also, the "My family still has friends in the North" scene...referred to the old lady? Not the numerous houses in the North that were sworn to your father and house for hundreds of years?

this x100. It's like they were describing an entirely different scene/show. Not just for this, but for the Cersei rape last year. I guess they're really serious about treating viewers like dullards.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Kings Landing was good and I love Cersei and Lady Olenna. But, why is Littlefinger still in the capital?

C'mon you didn't actually believe that drivel, did you? It's clear that it was just a desperate attempt by a writer to justify the rape scene as something proud and bold and not just another pointless unnecessary rape scene of a little girl whose been tortured the whole show.

I almost don't want to watch for what I know they're going to do with Stannis.

Eh, Stannis has always been a dead man walking my mind he'll soon be dead in the books as well.

Massa

She's trying to get help because she's been locked up in a room and gets constantly beaten up and raped. Not what she had in mind when she decided to marry the Boltons.

Trying to make sense of this stupid plot line is pointless

Paganmoon

There's been a lot less unsullied dropping by this thread this year, what gives?

Also, Sansa storyline's still shit, and doesn't make sense.

bengraven

Even before Tyene I was seeing boobs everywhere. I'm actually convinced we got a shot of Dany AND Sansa nipple this episode, before Tyene every showed up.

EDIT: I knew I wasn't crazy for at least one of the two. (I DID see a Dany nipple, go to Egotastic, NSFW, I'm not going to link it upon further thinking)

Where do you want him? I can have him there within the hour.

9Hex69c.gif

It's a really good point. She consented to trying to bring the house down from the inside - her strength was now that she could deal with the trauma having outlasted Joffrey and become a power within a terrible situation.

Instead, she's just back to Season 2 Sansa - please help me Hound please help me Dontos please help me Theon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom