• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

I think your perception is too modern. Nobility in such a setting has very little to do with culture or morals. It's entirely about bloodline and heritage. Wildlings are considered barbarians by most not because of their acts (let's face it, most people have never even met one) but because they live outside of "proper" society.

It's a combination of things if I remember. First, the Starks outlawed flaying generations ago. They kept the flayed man as their banner as a remembrance of their heritage (aka confederate flag argument). Second, the Northmen are known to be rougher than the southern houses (Tyrells, Lannisters, Baratheons). Third, if I remember correctly, Roose/Ramsay are particularly cruel compared to other modern Boltons. War and conniving allow them to get away with more.

Ok I get it now, thanks.

It's still really odd people trusting them like Robb or Littlefinger, I doubt he really wanted Sansa hurt like that. The show doesn't convey very well that they are very good at hiding their brutality.

bengraven

The Unsullied thread has some good moments. I almost envy them that.

RE9VH8k.png

PLXUQvf.png

We don't get as many reactions per moment since we're all obviously burdened by canon.

That D&D interview seems to imply it doesn't happen at all in the books.

Not what I heard.

(Winds)
someone has already said that they meet up about 3/4 of the way through Winds. Not sure who.

I expect sarcasm and scorn overload, anything less than that will be a dissappointment. I hope the show and the books can deliver because, seriously, it's should be one of the biggest moments in all the series.

The HS=Howland Reed theory is one of the most plausible theories out there to be honest. It would explain his total absence from the story even though he is one of the most important support people for the Stark characters, it would explain his awesomeness and his hate for the Lannisters. Yeah, right, he doesn't "hate" the Lannisters per se as much as their corruption, but his religious fervor could very well be a façade for his hate. Just picture it: Tommen dead, Cersei humiliated to the infinity and beyond, Jaime kidnapped again or even dead and then a close caption of the HS praying: "I'm sorry Ned for being so late, this is the best I could do". And then TWOW ends. Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I still expect for him to be her dragon expert since he's the only one who's actually read a book about them. I think he'll use this to charm his way into her heart - AND since we already have it on record in the first few episodes of the show that that he was reading a book on dragons recently. (in the mind and the whetstone scene with Jon at least).

I still have a prediction (or at least a speculation that would turn out cool) that he will wow her with something smart ass. Like "oh you want me to hang, that's great...congrats on being a "grandmother of dragons" by the way...oh you didn't know? well maybe if you can guess which one of your "sons" is actually a daughter, I'll walk happily to the gallows...otherwise maybe you should let me go".

scosher

This episode just cemented that Tyrion's storyline in ADWD was absolute trash. Penny was the worst character and I'm glad the show cut her and just got to the chase of him meeting Dany.

Also made me realize that for those who've been reading since ASOS, we've been waiting for Tyrion to meet up with Dany for nearly 15 years.

fuzzyset

Ok I get it now, thanks.

It's still really odd people trusting them like Robb or Littlefinger, I doubt he really wanted Sansa hurt like that. The show doesn't convey very well that they are very good at hiding their brutality.

The Boltons joined Robert's Rebellion willingly when the Starks called their banners so they're "good" allies in the eyes of the Starks. For Littlefinger, we still really don't know what his end game is so it's impossible to say how he feels about the Boltons. No POV = not sure.

bengraven

Gilly's been willing to fuck that fat pink mast for days now. Sam has just been too much of a white knight to push a lock of hair away from her eyes and be like "hey girl..." in his best slayer voice.

Speaking of which, Myrcella says she's been in Dorne for "years" and yet Gilly's baby is still a baby. So I'm assuming there's a big time gap between season 2 and 3.

Why did Gilly and Sam have sex.

You need a tag that says "Tyrion". Then your name, avatar, and tag can all be in sequence.

This episode just cemented that Tyrion's storyline in ADWD was absolute trash. Penny was the worst character and I'm glad the show cut her and just got to the chase of him meeting Dany.

Also made me realize that for those who've been reading since ASOS, we've been waiting for Tyrion to meet up with Dany for nearly 15 years.

Yep, I meant to post something like this last night. As much as the show often does the story poorly, I can appreciate the rapid pace they're getting some shit done.

Also I think in the show Ghost is Sam's wolf. I'm pretty sure he's helped Sam out more and probably has had more screen time with Sam (out of the 10 minutes or so he's been on screen).

Dany

Banned
You need a tag that says "Tyrion". Then your name, avatar, and tag can all be in sequence.

Haha. :p

I find the story on the wall to be messy. Along with the dorne plot. Unnecessary changes. Sam and Gilly can just be great friends, as they were in the books.

Kain

I find the story on the wall to be messy. Along with the dorne plot. Unnecessary changes. Sam and Gilly can just be great friends, as they were in the books.

But they fucked in the books on the way to Oldtown, right? At least that's how I remember it xD

bengraven

The books is where "fat pink mast" came from, though.

"And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast."

That's Sam and Gilly in Feast. He even gets some breast milk if I remember correctly.

Not you forgetting fat pink mast. It is GRRM's greatest literary achievement only rivaled by Myrish swamp.

bengraven

Gilly's been trying to lock that shit down since Day 1.

And yes, anyone who calls a vagina a "swamp" (what kind of pussy has GRRM been in...)...

Moff

So is anyone else expecting some big book spoilers when Dany and Tyrion have a chat?

I dont expect it, even if the discussions are from TWOW, I doubt it will be anything revealing and the plot won't move forward anyway until after the pit.

cLOUDo

Jon can't be stabbed if he back with the wildlings, he is the only one can stop a battle between the wildlings and the watchers

bengraven

So is anyone else expecting some big book spoilers when Dany and Tyrion have a chat?

Myrish, clearly.

Of course, but I was just assuming most people here wouldn't notice the difference between a Myrish swamp or a regular swamp. Maybe GRRM knows more than we do and a Myrish swamp is actually very vagina-like. I would like to visit Myr is this is true. It would be fun to go down on a Myrish swamp in a Myrish swamp.

As for Dany and Tyrion, not really because I don't expect D&D to have read the actual scenes between the characters in Wind. That's all I really care about. I still expect her to send them back in the pits very quickly and if the Drogon scene happens like in the books than this next episode could be the only interaction between them until after Winds is released.

You know, since it's coming out next spring right before the next season...right...

Moff

Jon can't be stabbed if he back with the wildlings, he is the only one can stop a battle between the wildlings and the watchers

he will be stabbed, the setup just keeps piling up more and more.
I have come more and more to peace with stannis dying, regardless if we see it this season or the next. his time is up, jon is r'hllors true champion.

duckroll

Speaking of which, Myrcella says she's been in Dorne for "years" and yet Gilly's baby is still a baby. So I'm assuming there's a big time gap between season 2 and 3.

That has to be a terrible continuity error. It makes no sense. Gilly is first introduced in the first episode of season 2, and she's already pregnant. Myrcella leaves for Dorne in the sixth episode of season 2. Gilly gives birth in the third episode of season 3.

bengraven

Apparently a scene between Jorah and Bronn has leaked.
tumblr_noivlfhW3j1r1pxrwo1_400.gif
tumblr_noivlfhW3j1r1pxrwo5_400.gif

tumblr_noivlfhW3j1r1pxrwo9_400.gif
tumblr_noivlfhW3j1r1pxrwo10_400.gif

Jorah found a Valarion Derringer in the ruins and is trying to break up Bronn's faro tables.

bengraven

I do wonder if the somewhat unnecessary "Lollys is marrying someone else" plot is because they want these two together.

That has to be a terrible continuity error. It makes no sense. Gilly is first introduced in the first episode of season 2, and she's already pregnant. Myrcella leaves for Dorne in the sixth episode of season 2. Gilly gives birth in the third episode of season 3.

The only thing I can think of is two things:

1) teenage angst = exaggeration
2) wildling inbreds have long gestation periods

Maybe they go to OldTown to give the baby a safer place to grow up.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So I guess Sam really is going away with Gilly, huh. I wonder where.

They were trying to justify how much Myrcella has "grown"... With complete disregard for the show's own continuity.

munchie64

How pregnant was Gilly in season 2? You might be able to stretch it out to 2 years cause her incest baby is screwed up lol

Edit: Horrible post for top of the page (50ppp master race).

bengraven

"IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS...I'M LIKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON NOW..."

Maybe they go to OldTown to give the baby a safer place to grow up.

I think that's basically where we're headed. Without any friends on the wall, what's to stop anyone from assaulting her again...or even just Thorne kicking her out? Especially if word comes down that things are going sour for Jon up north?

You're a man of the night's watch, forbidden from having children and by extension having sex, and here you are the most hated man with a woman and child at the wall. How the fuck he seriously thought he could keep getting away with this post-Jon I don't know.

Also: that baby still looks newborn. It should be about three times that size by now. Unless it's been a week and a half since Craster's Keep.

Speevy

Banned

You'll have to agree that a toddler crawling around Castle Black would look stupid.

bengraven

Explains why Kiesha Castle Hughes now looks and acts middle aged despite being in her twenties...

(still can't hate on my whale rider...)

Maybe Myrcella was exaggerating.

Are you saying a 16 year old who just met what she believes is her soul mate would be exaggerating? One who just basically told her uncle/dad "fuck you" even though he was sent by her mother to bring her home from a hot political environment?

Oh shit, I just realized Myrcella is Sansa2.

df1701c0-f35a-0131-6d7b-0aa0f90d87b4.gif

duckroll

Yeah, the only kid on the show that hasn't aged at all is the baby. Haha

If we follow the show continuity though, there really isn't much aging going on. The events from season 1 to season 5 should be two plus years at most. That's also why they had to stop showing Rickon, because the show continuity moves so slow, all the actors have aged too much!

Speevy

Banned
Yes, D&D really missed some great television by not reminding the viewers what Theon's semen tastes like, or what it feels like for a warg to have sex.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Explains why Kiesha Castle Hughes now looks and acts middle aged despite being in her twenties...

(still can't hate on my whale rider...)

Are you saying a 16 year old who just met what she believes is her soul mate would be exaggerating? One who just basically told her uncle/dad "fuck you" even though he was sent by her mother to bring her home from a hot political environment?

Oh shit, I just realized Myrcella is Sansa2.

df1701c0-f35a-0131-6d7b-0aa0f90d87b4.gif

Yeah, except for that fact that Trystane isn't a psychopath but probably actually genuinely cares for her. I'd also like to jump on the" Cercei made up the threat theory" boat now.

If we follow the show continuity though, there really isn't much aging going on. The events from season 1 to season 5 should be two plus years at most. That's also why they had to stop showing Rickon, because the show continuity moves so slow, all the actors have aged too much!

I'd be okey with the show changing the actors.

bengraven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom