• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean C

Or perhaps Theon's former secret feelings towards Sansa. Man, Theon was such a prick, actually I still think he is in the books.
There hasn't really been any hint of that in the show -- though they could have had him bring that up in his season 3 confession to Ramsay about his feelings toward the Starks. I guess that's one of the writing choices that seems like a missed opportunity if the writers really had this story in mind since season 2 (though the most obvious one of those is how Sansa wasn't given any reaction whatsoever to the events at Winterfell, given that it seems like her learning that her brothers are alive is meant to be a huge moment coming up).

EW Spoiler Room on Episode 8:

I hear Jon Snow and Tormund run into trouble after they reach the outpost of Hardhome, and the result is arguably the show’s most ambitious battle scene—and certainly the most special effects intensive—that we’ve seen yet. According to GoT aficionado James Hibberd, it took nearly a month of shooting for a roughly 20 minute sequence, which is pretty insane for a TV series.

Bonus: We’ll also have Tyrion and Dany’s first big sitdown chat, and it’s everything fans have hoped for.

Hopefully the dialogue is taken straight from TWoW.

Sean C

Hopefully the dialogue is taken straight from TWoW.
Given that the contexts will be completely different, I doubt that could be the case. And the show hardly uses book dialogue anymore (one of the things that made Aemon's final line last episode so noteworthy).

New poster
tumblr_np34fy1zQj1tuzdqso1_500.jpg

Given that the contexts will be completely different, I doubt that could be the case. And the show hardly uses book dialogue anymore (one of the things that made Aemon's final line last episode so noteworthy).

Ok maybe not exact dialogue but a reworking of it like they did with Tyrion's trial speech in S4.

Speevy

Banned
I just thought of something. If Sansa somehow killed Walda or caused her to have a miscarriage, wouldn't Roose automatically blame his son?

Speevy

Banned
Possibly. A corkscrew(or whatever it is she picked up) is a fine weapon to do it with.

I was thinking about that.

Sansa kills Walda. Roose banishes his crazy son to the vanguard. Ramsay burn Stannis' camp. Shireen dies. Snow clears. Stannis continues onward. Ramsay returns to Winterfell. Sansa escapes in all the commotion.

I just thought of something. If Sansa somehow killed Walda or caused her to have a miscarriage, wouldn't Roose automatically blame his son?

How does that even begin to make more sense than her killing Roose or Ramsay? Though if she does it and Roose see's more worth in his bastards cunning than a legitimate heir I guess it's in line with the book and holds up the series narrative of making Sansa totally pathetic.

Turin

Banned
The possible Meribald/Elder Brother has me hopeful for
the Hound's return. It be kind of crazy if Brienne runs into him again but I probably wouldn't mind.

Speevy

Banned
How does that even begin to make more sense than her killing Roose or Ramsay? Though if she does it and Roose see's more worth in his bastards cunning than a legitimate heir I guess it's in line with the book and holds up the series narrative of making Sansa totally pathetic.

Because she could actually manage to kill a sweet fat woman.

Also, it has narrative symmetry.

Sansa was accused of aiding in the killing of Joffrey because no one would have more reason to want him dead.

Maybe that's the lesson she learned?

Because she could actually manage to kill a sweet fat woman.

How does her being sweet or fat have anything to do with it? She'd be able to conceal a weapon and be alone with somebody who considers her harmless which would be the same as her being with either Bolton at this point.

Also, it has narrative symmetry.

Sansa was accused of aiding in the killing of Joffrey because no one would have more reason to want him dead.

Maybe that's the lesson she learned?

Apart from in this scenario Sansa would clearly want everybody dead and is the most likely suspect? Tyrion was convicted for that crime through a trial without evidence for the exact same reason.

Speevy

Banned
How does her being sweet or fat have anything to do with it? She'd be able to conceal a weapon and be alone with somebody who considers her harmless which would be the same as her being with either Bolton at this point.

Her role in this story is to manipulate the Boltons, not stab them in the neck.

I've thought a lot about what Ramsay has, and what Roose has. Roose has the army. He is house Bolton, which means short of amassing a force capable of destroying the Boltons (unlikely), Sansa's best bet is to either escape or turn Roose on Ramsay.

Roose would just hang Sansa from a tree if she killed Ramsay.

Speevy

Banned
Someone posted a picture of that object up close, and it doesn't look all that dangerous.

It might also be a family treasure from Theon's past.

Her role in this story is to manipulate the Boltons, not stab them in the neck.

So she stabs an innocent in the neck instead? Rather than shanking a Bolton and lighting the candle so she could flee.

I've thought a lot about what Ramsay has, and what Roose has. Roose has the army. He is house Bolton, which means short of amassing a force capable of destroying the Boltons (unlikely), Sansa's best bet is to either escape or turn Roose on Ramsay.

What does Ramsey have in this scenario? He'd either be killed by Roose or l Roose would consider having any heir to be more important than having none; even if that means brushing aside the fact his illegitimate heir has murdered all of his legitimate ones like in the books.

Madness

Guys cmon, this is Sansa. More likely, she'll kill Myranda who will probably be bullying her, and then that'll really piss off Ramsay which is what will finally bring Theon back from the edge.

Speevy

Banned
Puh, there is someone posting here. i thought i broke the thread :(
Noone posted for like 10 hours here!

I know. It's weird. I think our theories are leaking over into the other thread and we just get tired of talking about them.

When does the OSN thing usually leak?

Kyougar

I would think they dont leak it anymore if it was not a PR stunt the last times.

Today was really awefully quit in here, After an episode i cant catch up with the thread for 2 to 3 days.

-griffy-

Banned
I would think they dont leak it anymore if it was not a PR stunt the last times.

Today was really awefully quit in here, After an episode i cant catch up with the thread for 2 to 3 days.

We had our season-6-casting-news-episode-10-title/logline-speculation-frenzy earlier in the week, and with an episode that was quite good and didn't really have anything objectionable we're just out of stuff to discuss :p

_Ryo_

Sansa killing Myranda doesnt make much sense. Myranda just threatened her, not harm her. She knows Ramsey enjoys her as well, why would she place herself in a more dangerous position for a pointless kill only to have Ramsey to make her pay for it later? Killing her accomplishes absolutely nothing at all. If she is willing to kill anyone it is going to be Ramsey or someone else that is actually essential to her suffereing.

The only way I can see Sansa killing Myranda is if she decides to try to bond with Ramsey and to hunt her in order make him believe that she is now loyal to him.

Even that is quite predictable though.

Lothar

Banned
Sansa killing Myranda doesnt make much sense. Myranda just threatened her, not harm her. She knows Ramsey enjoys her as well, why would she place herself in a more dangerous position for a pointless kill only to have Ramsey to make her pay for it later? Killing her accomplishes absolutely nothing at all. If she is willing to kill anyone it is going to be Ramsey or someone else that is actually essential to her suffereing.

The only way I can see Sansa killing Myranda is if she decides to try to bond with Ramsey and to hunt her in order make him believe that she is now loyal to him.

Even that is quite predictable though.

That ship has sailed, fortunately. Not a realistic scenario now. I thought they might go that route at first. At the beginning, I thought she might help Ramsay flay Myranda. Instead, it's much more believable and allows her to be sympathetic that she isn't willing to do horrible things and is simply out of her element. Hunting Myranda with dogs, helping to flay her, and killing Fat Walda would make her no better than Ramsay.

Kyougar

What if she kills big-boned-Walda (maybe even an accident) and then kills myranda to cover her tracks. Roose would think Ramsay killed Walda and Ramsay would think Roose retaliated with killing Miranda.

But who am i kidding, that is too high a level for Sansa to play.

Speevy

Banned
Killing Fat Walda would make her no better than Ramsay, but she has no friends in Winterfell. There's no Tyrion to save her from a beating. There's no Margaery to talk to her about Joffrey. There's no Littlefinger to stow her away on a ship.

Whatever Sansa does, this is the point they've been building up to on the show. She doesn't know Brienne is outside. If she wants free of Ramsay's clutches, she has to take action herself.

Kyougar

Like I said, no Frey is innocent. And if she really is taking on (maybe a partial) Role as lady Stoneheart, she would have no issues with killing any Frey or anyone who was involved into the Red Wedding.

Speevy

Banned
Here's another weird lapse in logic I don't understand.

Sansa voluntarily married Ramsay. Why has he been locking her in a room every night? I know why he'd do so now, but why before?

Like I said, no Frey is innocent. And if she really is taking on (maybe a partial) Role as lady Stoneheart, she would have no issues with killing any Frey or anyone who was involved into the Red Wedding.

There are plenty of Freys that are innocent and had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. What has Fat Walda done that's so heinous other than have some nasty relatives?

Brakke

Banned

Sansa voluntarily married Ramsay. Why has he been locking her in a room every night? I know why he'd do so now, but why before?

What? Dude started raping and tormenting her on their first night of wedded bliss. Asking Reek to light the candle might have been her first act of defiance but of course he was expecting her to defy him eventually.

He's a sadistic creep. He locked her up because he gets off on locking people up.

foxtrot3d

Banned
There were plenty of Freys that were innocent and had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. What has Fat Walda done that's so heinous other than have some nasty relatives?

Who besides Fat Walda? Like, the females probably aren't all nasty but it seems the books go out of its way to portray every male Frey as an asshole. It's kind of weird.

bengraven

It would make sense if she tried to escape or had said something after the deed in retaliation. Both of which would have IMPROVED viewers opinions of the situation.

My theory: he's locking her away so she doesn't bother him sport fucking Myranda or sport hunting the other women.

Who besides Fat Walda? Like, the females probably aren't all nasty but it seems the books go out of its way to portray every male Frey as an asshole. It's kind of weird.

Robb's squire for one. And in a family as large as the Freys, do you think they held a family meeting and vote on their super secret conspiracy? Being nasty doesn't it's ok for someone to murder you.

Speevy

Banned
There are plenty of Freys that are innocent and had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. What has Fat Walda done that's so heinous other than have some nasty relatives?

What had Septa Mordane done other than teach the Stark girls to knit?

Every non-child character in this show has killed someone or been a party to killing someone except Sansa.

Speevy

Banned
What? Dude started raping and tormenting her on their first night of wedded bliss. Asking Reek to light the candle might have been her first act of defiance but of course he was expecting her to defy him eventually.

He's a sadistic creep. He locked her up because he gets off on locking people up.

Right. I get why he would lock people up in terms of his character, but letting Sansa walk about Winterfell doesn't really hurt him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom