• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think she will glee Winterfell? She made the choice to go home and marry Ramsay. She knew it and is doing so to avenge her family. She may be having second thoughts but ultimately she will stay and play a role in the Boltons downfall and become a strong player in the end game. My ideal scenario is the Boltons fall in battle and when everyone rushes in to find Sansa, there she is sitting over Ramsay's corpse which she just made herself. Not crying, not happy not sad, but steadfast and victorious. A new born warrior in her own way.

Kyougar

GRRM will be 100 and still working on the Books (maybe he is on Book 9 by then.)

The TV Series would have an HD 4k Remaster and a proper Remake by that time. ("The Story the Autor would have wanted to tell the first time. Now the remake will end simultaniously with Book 9".)

Game of Thrones: Brotherhood

Back to the current Series.... D&D want 7, HBO wants more, GRRM wants 20. By the law of haggling, they must meet somewhere in the middle.

Speevy

Banned
Imagine an alternate universe where they adapted this series from page one, just about as faithfully and meticulously as humanly possible, with unlimited budget and time for all involved.

How many seasons do you think it would take to get to...let's say the red wedding?

Lothar

Banned
Why do people think she will glee Winterfell? She made the choice to go home and marry Ramsay. She knew it and is doing so to avenge her family. She may be having second thoughts but ultimately she will stay and play a role in the Boltons downfall and become a strong player in the end game. My ideal scenario is the Boltons fall in battle and when everyone rushes in to find Sansa, there she is sitting over Ramsay's corpse which she just made herself. Not crying, not happy not sad, but steadfast and victorious. A new born warrior in her own way.

She is not Arya. Are you joking? Why would Arya do all that training if killing was that easy? You wouldn't just laugh your ass off if the show had her become a warrior? That's not her deal.

Her intentions and goals given by Littlefinger was to do nothing more than what she's doing to Harry the Heir. The show runners are essentially just saying "What if Harry the Heir was a monster?" in a way to combine the two stories and get her to Winterfell quicker. She could manipulate Harry, she can't Ramsay, so she's fucked, no pun intended.

Speevy

Banned
Based on the show's portrayal of Yohn Royce and the other lords/knights of the Vale, I think it would be a neat place to explore for an episode, but not use an entire storyline on.

munchie64

I should say that me saying that George wanted 20 was hyperbole to comment on his repeated attempts to delay or extend the show. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was ok with many more than we're gonna get :p

And as mentioned, he's wanted movies and mini-series before too.

-griffy-

Banned
Imagine an alternate universe where they adapted this series from page one, just about as faithfully and meticulously as humanly possible, with unlimited budget and time for all involved.

How many seasons do you think it would take to get to...let's say the red wedding?

Well if you guy by the rough standard of 1 script page = 1 minute of screentime, 60 minute episodes, 10 episode seasons...

Book 1 would be around 11 episodes
Book 2 around 16
Book 3 around 20
Book 4 around 18
Book 5 around 17

So assuming the show started the same year, 2011, Red Wedding would hit around the beginning of season 4, episode 42 of the series in the year 2014. Which isn't much later than it actually hit.

Speevy

Banned
Well if you guy by the rough standard of 1 script page = 1 minute of screentime...

Book 1 would be around 11 seasons
Book 2 around 16
Book 3 around 20
Book 4 around 18
Book 5 around 17

So assuming the show started the same year, 2011, Red Wedding would hit around season 37 in the year 2048.

LMAO. We'd be praying for its death like we do the Simpsons.

Wasn't grmm throwing around big hints/quotes that Sansa would do something very shocking? That could be it.

Unless I've missed some other quotes I think you're getting confused with something else.

A while back Elio and Linda (probably the 2 most notable people in the ASOIAF fandom) said there was a "controversial" moment (for some fans) coming up in one of Sansa's chapters in the books. The chapter was released about a month ago and it turns out it's not controversial at all, they just thought it would be to people who 'ship' Sansa/Sandor.

The chapter has her flirting with a character and not thinking about The Hound during it.

All in all it was massively overblown.

-griffy-

Banned
LMAO. We'd be praying for its death like we do the Simpsons.

No, I fucked that up and first said seasons when I meant episodes and didn't catch it. Edited my post. It's actually not far off from where it actually landed. It's the later stuff that would push out farther and farther.

But of course there's A LOT more writing on one page of a novel than on a page of a script, so it's really not all that accurate. You could probably even double it to be closer. In which case RW would hit episode 84 in 2018.

Lothar

Banned
I wonder how many people didn't pick up in the Sansa bath scene that Sansa was really scared by what Myranda was telling her and she was just putting up a front by saying "You can't frighten me." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-mYajUMlKQ It's very subtle. There at the end. I didn't catch it at first either.

Is that why some are predicting that she'll kill Myranda?

She is not Arya. Are you joking? Why would Arya do all that training if killing was that easy? You wouldn't just laugh your ass off if the show had her become a warrior? That's not her deal.

Her intentions and goals given by Littlefinger was to do nothing more than what she's doing to Harry the Heir. The show runners are essentially just saying "What if Harry the Heir was a monster?" in a way to combine the two stories and get her to Winterfell quicker. She could manipulate Harry, she can't Ramsay, so she's fucked, no pun intended.

I don't literally mean warrior. I mean warrior in a very amateur Cersei or Margery type way. Not that she literally kills Ramsay with her own hands, but enabled it to happen And watched it go down. That kind of thing.

If Sansa literally just plays the victim through this arc again that's awful writing. The whole point of this arc is to make Sansa into a force of her own and harden her resolve.

Iksenpets

Banned
Lol that is just so over the top ambitious. They couldn't even afford to do all that. The Umbers? Hahaha.

I would love to see it though.

Yeah, there's way too little time left for a lot of that, especially the Northern stuff. Baelish is not making it back North this season, and the Umbers are not being reintroduced with zero references to them all season. I doubt we get any references to Randyll Tarly, since he's probably never coming to KL in the show; he'll be focused on Oldtown. And Loras isn't ever going to join the Kingsguard because at this point it will never be important. Other than that, it seems to get pretty accurately to what everyone's endpoint will be for the season, though I think it's likely the Tyrell's will still be imprisoned.

Agreed. Also, lol at LF dying, c'mon now that ain't happening any time soon.

tumblr_inline_muhln4bFEh1rymbrg.gif

Nah, I can't see it happening this season either. Or the next.

suzu

She wanted to do the candle thing so I assume she wants to leave or something.

Also Theon's story arc that still needs play out in some way.

Kyougar

Yeah, there's way too little time left for a lot of that, especially the Northern stuff. Baelish is not making it back North this season, and the Umbers are not being reintroduced with zero references to them all season. I doubt we get any references to Randyll Tarly, since he's probably never coming to KL in the show; he'll be focused on Oldtown. And Loras isn't ever going to join the Kingsguard because at this point it will never be important. Other than that, it seems to get pretty accurately to what everyone's endpoint will be for the season, though I think it's likely the Tyrell's will still be imprisoned.

Loras will NEVER be Kingsguard in the show. He is the heir. Lady Olenna would never agree to such a thing.
It was OK in the books because he had older brothers and could protect his sister that way. (And his family is happy that they dont have to find a Pretend-Wife for him)

That reddit post is...ambitious. I don't really think that's doable in 3 hours.

One thing that it did point that has totally slipped my mind to this point about Brienne and Pod being outside Winterfell is that Sansa knows who Pod is.

Lothar

Banned
I don't literally mean warrior. I mean warrior in a very amateur Cersei or Margery type way. Not that she literally kills Ramsay with her own hands, but enabled it to happen And watched it go down. That kind of thing.

If Sansa literally just plays the victim through this arc again that's awful writing. The whole point of this arc is to make Sansa into a force of her own and harden her resolve.

Ok, I got you. In that case though, I still strongly disagree about her intentionally staying. That would be bad and unrealistic.

Just because Sansa experienced a major setback due to the unforeseen situation of running into the most evil villain of the entire series does not mean she can't continue to grow. We've read the books, we know this isn't a long term thing. It's pretty common in stories where a character is growing to fail at least once. Luke had his arm cut off by Darth Vader despite having an arc of him being trained to be a jedi master. Also, like Luke, she needs to leave when she's lost and badly outmatched.

She wanted to do the candle thing so I assume she wants to leave or something.

Also Theon's story arc that still needs play out in some way.

Yes, but that attempt failed. So it would be clever writing to have her ultimately decide, no I can't run anymore, I need to take control. She's been the damsel in distress that needs saving for 4 seasons and 5 books now. It's time she changes that. One way or another, her end game from a narrative standpoint is obviously to become a strong female in Westeros. She started off naive, went through hell (multiple times) and just stood by. Her narrative end arc is obviously to become a player in the game by her own means. The pieces are in place. She's been "trained" by Littlefinger who wants her to be devious, but in the end, she is still a Stark and will be noble and honest. In the real end. But she's going to have to use some tricks to get there.

MaGlock

Something I've been wondering does the faith care about the freys violating the ancient custom of guest protection? Obviously in the books stoneheart takes it in her own hands for vengeance. You would think the faith would find the red wedding as a great sin no?

Chris R

Something I've been wondering does the faith care about the freys violating the ancient custom of guest protection? Obviously in the books stoneheart takes it in her own hands for vengeance. You would think the faith would find the red wedding as a great sin no?

An act of war done by a great gods fearing house against a godless usurper.

I'm pretty sure they don't care.

MaGlock

An act of war done by a great gods fearing house against a godless usurper.

I'm pretty sure they don't care.

A usurper of what though? Id say it's more likely than not they believe cersei's children are abominations with no real claim. Especially with the HS refusing to name tommen king in light of the 7

foxtrot3d

Banned
A usurper of what though? Id say it's more likely than not they believe cersei's children are abominations with no real claim. Especially with the HS refusing to name tommen king in light of the 7

I dunno about that, in the books the HS seemed pleased with Cercei's lie that it was all made up nonsense from Stannis to seize the throne for his Red God.

Is Guest Right something that comes from the Seven? I thought it was a Westerosi custom.

Iksenpets

Banned
Is Guest Right something that comes from the Seven? I thought it was a Westerosi custom.

It's common to both major religions, but they both believe it's a law from the gods. Seeing as the HS was pissed about executing Ned on the Sept steps, I'd guess "he was a heathen" probably isn't a good enough excuse for violation of guest right. The Northerners should have been defeated and converted, but through holy means. That said, I doubt the Freys are much of a priority to them, especially if the Freys are currently fighting the Brotherhood, and preventing the spread of the Red God in the Riverlands.

devilhawk

Of course the HS Howland Reed cares about his best friend's son and wife being murdered by the Freys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom