• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he can be anywhere but Dorne next season.
I've just realized Jaime couldn't burn shit because he was supposed to be on a secret mission, and Cersei couldn't just send the letter to Doran and tell him to hand it to Jaime when he sees him. Great, another great moment ruined.

Turin

Banned
I've just realized Jaime couldn't burn shit because he was supposed to be on a secret mission, and Cersei couldn't just send the letter to Doran and tell him to hand it to Jaime when he sees him. Great, another great moment ruined.

It doesn't matter. Little or none of his development from Feast for Crows has been conveyed in the show. It'd feel hollow at this point.

Speevy

Banned
People thought Jaime's storyline would really open up when he returned to King's Landing, but they really haven't done anything with him since season 3.

Turin

Banned
Mostly, he's just been pouting about Cersei. I recall him maintaining a bit more dignity when Cersei shunned him in the books.

I liked some of his scene's in S4 at least.

Jaime's storyline is probably the one I most miss from the books. The show really screwed up his character.
I didn't care much for his storyline in the Riverlands (mostly because I can't remember a lot of it), but I care even less about Dorne.

Hopefully there's some sort of payoff coming.

Turin

Banned
He probably wouldn't need a lot of scenes to effectively tell his story but it could have been done.

You would have seen him and Cersei growing more distant in the early part of this season and by now he'd be trekking along the Riverlands.

Cowlibob

Banned
He probably wouldn't need a lot of scenes to effectively tell his story but it could have been done.

You would have seen him and Cersei growing more distant in the early part of this season and by now he'd be trekking along the Riverlands.
Burning of the letter which I assume is still in, would have been more effective. I particularly liked that Jaime was shown to have a brain in his storyline and not just a disarmed swordsman which is how the show has portrayed him.

Forkball

Night's King need to appear again for more meltdowns
tumblr_n4q2f22P0K1rniorio8_400.gif

SOON

I'm hyped for tonight's episode. Hardhome should be amazing. I still think so far this is the weakest season, but they've done a solid job setting up the major climaxes.

I just realized we won't get a Selmy/Tyrion scene.

WHY D&D WHY
Probably going to get to apply a GRRM WHY to that one at some point as well.

Selmy :/
If they do it on the show, Varys killing Kevan is gonna be weird for people.
It felt pretty sudden and left field in the books to me, it's not really set up.
Is it implied in the show that Varys knew Tyrion would be taken by Jorah?
Don't think so

Barring the terrible fight scenes in Dorne, a post I read on reddit has me hopeful for the Dorne plot. Instead of Jaime making peace in the riverlands, he will do so between Dorne and King's Landing. He will see that everything Cersei has said is bullshit, the necklace, that she likes Trystane, and Dorne's grievances. He will get the letter for help and burn it.

And then Doran can make his Fire and Blood speech, but just in terms of a general alliance and fealty for Daenarys.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So are we expecting any big book spoilers tomorrow? Something to do with
The Others, maybe? I'm not sure what they could show that would constitute a spoiler though.

Turin

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if
some wights show up and cause a retreat. Perhaps we'll see the Nights King standing over a summit or something.

There's been a few instances where, for the sake of a few seconds worth of dialogue being changed here and there, the show has stripped and weakened the motivations of characters and events.
It would have taken no more running time to have had Jaime and Tytion's parting of ways go down like it did in the books, but now, we have a Tryion who seems to be fine aside from not being able to get it up on one occasion and probably has no idea at all that his brother wants to kill him, and Jaime who wants to kill his brother because he murdered their father, as if his brain has become one with Cersei's.
The events in the show seem to have brought Jaime and Cersei closer together instead of driving them apart. It isn't going to be particularly satisfying if we're asked to believe that this Jaime is going to turn on Cersei just because she essentially tricked him into going on holiday.

munchie64

I wouldn't be surprised if
some wights show up and cause a retreat. Perhaps we'll see the Nights King standing over a summit or something.
A lot of sources seem to say that
the Hardhome stuff cost some $$$ and is quite ambitious. I'm expecting something fairly big.

Real Hero

Jaime Riverlands story could have been great. Like a Don Draper arc where he fucks off from the centre of power and attempts to find himself. Guess that would have been too boring for people who watch HBO though

Carcetti

On Sansa and the magic corkscrew:

I'm betting she's gonna stab Myranda because why else does that character even exist? She's the woman version of the Gin Alley guy. It'll go down in the kennels since those are some Chekhovs dogs.

I had a dream featuring Ramsay in the modern day. He kept calling me via cell phone and I had been forced to make him my liege lord. He was calling for my help on something in NYC. NOT GOOD.

bengraven

Something I've been wondering does the faith care about the freys violating the ancient custom of guest protection? Obviously in the books stoneheart takes it in her own hands for vengeance. You would think the faith would find the red wedding as a great sin no?

Is it a religious thing, though? I never saw it as a religious custom, more of a folk custom.

I just realized we won't get a Selmy/Tyrion scene.

WHY D&D WHY

Winds of Winter will be out in possibly less than a year. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom