• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganmoon

Holy shit, I'm so late to the party it seems, just realized, there really isn't anything spoiler worthy left for the show after "for the watch" and Dany's flight with Drogon, is there?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Holy shit, I'm so late to the party it seems, just realized, there really isn't anything spoiler worthy left for the show after "for the watch" and Dany's flight with Drogon, is there?

They might do at least a portion of the Greyjoy storyline next season, so unless it's entirely new, there's that.

Turin

Banned
Would be amusing if Jon fought an Other on tonight's episode

A part of me would enjoy that but let's hope not. There's no way D&D won't have Jon kill one or hold his own before a retreat if he fights an Other on the show. They need to hold off on that and build the Walkers as these bringers of doom.

Kyougar

Clearly Hardhome must be a defeat for the Watch/Wildlings or a "tactical retreat" to get the sense of impeding doom.

Would be bad storytelling if the Wall was created to defend the realm against this enemy and some guys in a village behind wooden pallisades could defeat them.

They could defeat wave after wave but they (and the viewer) must get to the understanding that they cant hold Hardhome.

Only time I've ever been tempted to post in the unsullied thread was to respond to someone complaining that the titles of books 4 and 5 were spoilery.

Lurking is good fun though.

Moff

Hmm, lurking the show thread and I see some stealth book readers (or at least some with certain book knowledge) are posting.

is this about the comment about dorne withstanding the targaryens? was that really not mentioned in the show? or in the dvd extras?

Brakke

Banned
Let's all agree to just not discuss the Unsullied thread? Be a spoiler cop if you want I guess but sort it out with mods in private.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I said spoiler worthy, nothing happens there anyway :)

I know this is sort of a joke but honestly I'd be hard pressed to come up with a "spoiler" about the Iron Islands storyline from this point (other than Balon dies I guess, which should have happened long ago).

Iksenpets

Banned
I know this is sort of a joke but honestly I'd be hard pressed to come up with a "spoiler" about the Iron Islands storyline from this point (other than Balon dies I guess, which should have happened long ago).

We know that there's at least one Yara scene this season, and it's too late for her to show up in the North, so I'm guessing that one falls in episode ten. The only big one I could see remaining is if they leave out Kevan's assassination. I could see them wanting to have him around for an episode or two in season six to show him putting things back together before he goes down.

Thinking about Kevan, I kind of wonder if the Jaime stuff this season is pure filler, and next season he'll get back to KL, and Kevan will tell him he handled the Dornish situation well, so he wants him to go help the Freys with their problems with the Brotherhood. With the North now completely destabilized, the Freys are their last line of defense on the Northern front, so he can't have them distracted with some little insurgency. Then Jaime leaves and Kevan dies shortly thereafter.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Let's all agree to just not discuss the Unsullied thread? Be a spoiler cop if you want I guess but sort it out with mods in private.

Look at the post above you brah.

Thinking about Kevan, I kind of wonder if the Jaime stuff this season is pure filler, and next season he'll get back to KL, and Kevan will tell him he handled the Dornish situation well, so he wants him to go help the Freys with their problems with the Brotherhood. With the North now completely destabilized, the Freys are their last line of defense on the Northern front, so he can't have them distracted with some little insurgency. Then Jaime leaves and Kevan does shortly thereafter.

I was thinking the same thing.

Showaddy

I lobbied for his inclusion...

As much as I love Ian McShane I really can't see him as Tarly. Just doesn't fit the whole tall, athletic, greatsword swinging profile.

Unless they're just going to have him sat in Horn Hill being Tywin-Lite all season.

RaidenZR

As much as I love Ian McShane I really can't see him as Tarly. Just doesn't fit the whole tall, athletic, greatsword swinging profile.

Unless they're just going to have him sat in Horn Hill being Tywin-Lite all season.

I'm okay with this. If it means more good actors like McShane in the show.

bengraven

Is this episode going to be Hardhome or just a set up for Hardhome? If they're there for an episode or two before a battle I'm going to be pissed.

I lobbied for his inclusion...

deadwood-the-complete-series-20101123050848772.jpg

"Not fucking hard enough..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom