• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Yeah but if you don't know its coming, its harder to notice. We are aware its coming.

Still though, if its permanent, I'm done. Jon does the most epic shit in this thing

Not really. Almost everyone in my show watcher only whatsapp group all wrote, damn, this kid is gonna betray Jon, Jon won't see it coming etc. The showrunners made it too obvious.

The show just did the "FINAL BOSS STARES INTO THE EYES OF THE CHOSEN HERO" scene at the end of episode. Jon isn't going to stay dead.

I hope so. God I hope so.

Give me Jon killing this shit in epic White Walker battles over watching boring shit in Dorne etc. any day

Saya

Hardhome scenes were amazing.

Tyrion and Dany scenes were terrible. Clarke is just so bad. One of the best actors on the show finally met with one of the worst and it's so uneven. I cannot take her seriously.

Burt

That quiet raising of the dead was such a good call. No showy effects, no chanting, no long drawn out BS, he just does it like it's nothing.

Ponn

Banned
The show just did the "FINAL BOSS STARES INTO THE EYES OF THE CHOSEN HERO" scene at the end of episode. Jon isn't going to stay dead.

eh...this is GRRM. He likes to fuck with people regardless of the consequences to the story. I wouldn't be surprised if GRRM did it but the showrunners say fuck it and keep him alive and diverge greatly. Would people here still complain about that though?

Hamlet

Great episode. Really liked all of the Tyrion and Danny interaction and wow oh wow at the last 20 minutes. Talk about intense.
Wun Wun was also great.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm actually looking forward to Danny scenes now, as long as Dinklage is in them. That was some damn good back and forth.

duckroll

eh...this is GRRM. He likes to fuck with people regardless of the consequences to the story. I wouldn't be surprised if GRRM did it but the showrunners say fuck it and keep him alive and diverge greatly. Would people here still complain about that though?

No, this isn't GRRM, this is D&D!

Dany and Tyrion were pretty good. Dany can be interesting I guess if she has good support. I kept waiting for this to happen throughout ADWD, I guess the show is good for something.

Hardhome was great. Easily the best fight scene they've done on the show.

Olly continues to suck, and it's going to be really shitty when he guts Jon.

I missed one of the Sand Snakes.

edit: and oh yeah. Wun Wun is fucking awesome. Almost makes up for no Belwas.

That was seriously great. Unsullied gonna be legit shook when he survives that only to get shanked 2 episodes later.

Lol'd at "he (Jon) always comes back." That foreshadowing ;)

Man, wish I was as hyped as you guys.

Guys are excited about one whatever fight scene. If that saves the whole series for you, then that's cool I guess.

Magnus

The DREAD in that final scene was fantastic. The silence. Perfect.

And fuck if I wasn't totally chilled by the wights all flying off the cliff-edge only to crash land and then wake up and keep marching. So good.

I think they did a good job establishing the reality of the WW threat, and the importance of Dany's dragon, there is no way to win this war without dragons.

Honestly if GRRM want to keep Jon dead then fuck his original vision. Hope the show runner change it drastically, and just do their own thing.

It would kill the series for me if he dies already. If he dies at the end then fine, but all this cock teasing about him battling the Others / White Walkers through this whole thing and it finally starts going down and he dies instantly

Would be next level awful

aFIGurANT

Guys, the show isn't good again because of one fight scene.

"We've got a badass over here." Really dude?

On a separate tangent I will say that if Jon were to die for good, I would be very much done myself. That was the big thing I kept thinking when it looked like he was toast against the walker. It would crush me way too much. Let him be mutinee'd and rez'd within like 5 episodes or else so many man tears.

If GRRM kills off Jon for good then fuck'im. You can only kill off major characters so many times before it becomes rote and uninteresting.

Do it D&D, keep Jon alive!

Haven't read all the books (Never finished book 5), but now the show has me wondering what else can stand against the WW. Valyrean steel was a surprise (but I suspected it). I'm starting to wonder...

...can the Stone men be another defense that nobody considered? Perhaps they're immune. Sorta makes Sir Jorrah a lot more important in the future, eh? Just speculating...

Pkaz01

How are Dany and Jon at the end of their DWD arcs and Tyrion even past that but Arya is just now turning in the Cat of Canals?

Crazy thought. With no Stoneheart and with the knowledge that Jon is almost certainly not going to really die die, and with the shows tendency to skip confusing stuff, maybe they just won't have Jon get stabbed at all.

I don't think this will happen. Just a crazy thought.

The DREAD in that final scene was fantastic. The silence. Perfect.

And fuck if I wasn't totally chilled by the wights all flying off the cliff-edge only to crash land and then wake up and keep marching. So good.

That was so good, I thought they were gonna end it right there, on a cliff hanger, the pun came to me after I typed it, haha.

Crazy thought. With no Stoneheart and with the knowledge that Jon is almost certainly not going to really die die, and with the shows tendency to skip confusing stuff, maybe they just won't have Jon get stabbed at all.

Too much foreshadowing. He's for sure getting stabbed, the question is if he's really "dead" or not

They're seeing up Olli to do it so hard dude. They while conversion with Sam was about that happening

Madness

Nah, all those cutaways to Olly, Jon apologizing to him and this latest scene with Sam, where Sam basically cemented in his mind, sometimes you have to do things that other people may not like. You just know he's going to knife Jon in private. It's what they've set up as the big episode 9 or 10 piss off for show watchers lol. Meltdowns will be big.

Who was the wildling woman who got eaten by the undead kids?

I'm thinking she and the other guy who wanted to put Jon's eyes out were supposed to be Darma (sp?) and The Weeper from the novels.

The Hardhome scene was amazing in its bleakness. That scream before the wights just jumped off the cliff was such a "oh shit" moment.

One of the better scenes that was invented just for the show.

Actually they may have cut Stoneheart so they can play their fakeout death card once with Jon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom