• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought that D&D speeding through Brienne's story is just so that they can make her LSH, but that's way too out there. Would kind of make sense if Jaime ever goes to the Riverlands to "tie up loose ends." and they encounter each other again.

I just want a Frey killing machine somewhere...

Brienne/Pod are going replace Mance/Spearwives as Sansa's rescue party in Winterfell.

dsp

Brienne/Pod are going replace Mance/Spearwives as Sansa's rescue party in Winterfell.

osDP6pc.gif

Judderman

drawer by drawer

I don't see Breienne & Pod as the type of people that would lurk around a castle and kill people. If anything I see them as people willing to find Catelyn's children and protect them, and Rickon is still out there...

Christ, for some reason I've never even thought about how she feels about Stannis, at least not since Renly's death. That's definitely a path her character could be taking in the show. I hope not.

Would make sense. Her stupid sense of honor ends up dooming the best hope the North has against the crown and by extension the Boltons.

Patriots7

I don't see Breienne & Pod as the type of people that would lurk around a castle and kill people. If anything I see them as people willing to find Catelyn's children and protect them, and Rickon is still out there...
Her promise to Catelyn was for her daughters.

Plus in the show, Rickon is safe at Last Hearth

Unlike BookBrienne, ShowBrienne doesn't really have a problem killing people. Plus their main goal is to get Sansa out of Winterfell, killing other people could be just cut from the show.

Speevy

Banned
Arya has the most ill-timed death lists. Though it would be good if we saw Walder Frey die.

The Freys are just chilling out this season I guess.

What exactly is Petyrs plan here. Brienne makes a big scene in the tavern and outs Sansa. Does Petyr kill everyone in the tavern too?

Well what's Cersei going to do about it? She's too fixated on Tyrion, Margery and the Sparrows, to care and Petyr has the full backing of the Vale to protect her. I think she's fine from the Lannister clutches for the time being.

Altazor

Watching now. Doran is great. Good cold anger to him. Dude can seeeeeeeethe.

what's going to happen with the Prince Bland McBland Martell plot, anyway? How are we going to get "Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood" without him? I hope D&D have a nice plot replacement for that, 'cause that is one of my favorite moments in the entire series.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Post-credits scene after the last season's final episode will show Balon playing cyvasse with Asha and having a blast.

Ooh, ooh. I got something:

BALON: "...fucking dogs?"
ASHA: "Father, would you like to take a nice stroll to the Bloody Keep? It's just over the rickety bridge."

fin

Pkaz01

Arya has the most ill-timed death lists. Though it would be good if we saw Walder Frey die.

The Freys are just chilling out this season I guess.

Its funny how the names get added on and off though.

Like at one point Beric and the red woman were on there, and now they are off along with illyn payne.

Either don't put them on or don't take them off. Arya in the books did not play around with that list it was til death do us part

TripOpt55

Wow that was a pretty wildly divergent episode. I'm still wrapping my mind around it. All the stuff with Jon was great. I'm really excited for more of his storyline this season. The note from Lyanna Mormont was so good. The election was a little rushed, but I did love Sam's speech and can't wait to see Jon as the Lord Commander.

Patriots7

Well what's Cersei going to do about it? She's too fixated on Tyrion, Margery and the Sparrows, to care and Petyr has the full backing of the Vale to protect her. I think she's fine from the Lannister clutches for the time being.
Considering she has men bringing the heads of dwarfs to her due to the bounty on Tyrion, I wouldn't take that chance...

If Cersei doesn't care wouldn't that make going after Brienne dumb in the first place? What is Brienne going to do? Try to take down Petyrs entire entourage? Who is she going to tell? Who would believe her?

LordCanti

If Cersei doesn't care wouldn't that make going after Brienne dumb in the first place? What is Brienne going to do? Try to take down Petyrs entire entourage? Who is she going to tell? Who would believe her?

She could ride to the wall and tell Stannis (or Jon) that the real Sansa Stark is at Winterfell (if that is where they're going). That'd make more sense than her trying a solo rescue mission (Pod doesn't count).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"The House of Black and White" was better, and a lot more coherent, than "The Wars to Come" - every scene felt more substantial than the ones in last week's episode.

Random thoughts:

The Lord Commander election was lame, but the entire Night's Watch/Wall section of the story has been bungled so badly, since at least half way though season two, that I honestly can't muster any shits to give in regards to how things do or don't play out. I think that that side of the story is beyond recovery, at this point.

Braavos looked great, as did The House of Black and White. Also, I thought the Water Gardens were nice and lush.

Dany's dragons look kind of chintzy this year. I didn't feel that way about them last season, but something looks off this time around. Maybe it's because they're bigger? At any rate, HBO needs to pump more cash into their VFX house.

I'm on board with the Arianne = Ellaria change - it makes sense to condense some of those characters for the show. Kind of indifferent on Doran though. He didn't really leave an impression one way or another.

I didn't like the Jaqen reveal. It felt too fanservice-y. I wouldn't mind having Jaqen cross paths with Arya eventually, but I don't like that he showed up straight away. I would have liked to see more of Arya on her own, without any familiar faces to reassure her down her new path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom