• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

Anyway, my list off the blog:
10. Mockingbird (Season 4, Episode 7)
9. The Children (Season 4, Episode 10)
8. Baelor (Season 1, Episode 9)
7. What is Dead May Never Die (Season 2, Episode 3)
6. And Now His Watch Is Ended (Season 3, Episode 4)
5. Blackwater (Season 2, Episode 9)
4. The Rains of Castamere (Season 3, Episode 9)
3. The Lion and the Rose (Season 4, Episode 2)
2. Hardhome (Season 5, Episode 8)
1. The Mountain and the Viper (Season 4, Episode 8)

Does anyone else think the season will close on Daenerys in the desert surrounded by dothrakis, as a mirror to season one's ending?

This would make each odd-numbered season end in Daenerys scenes!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I finally caught up. Even after reading last weeks spoilers, it didn't make it any better. Burning her seems less a plot device and more a "whoops we're short an episode of content" desperation move.

Mildly upset that Bethesda scheduled their press conference for right after the finale.

GAF is going to explode tonight, as am I trying to catch up with everything.

Yeah I noticed this as well, and the finale is usually longer so I hope I don't miss anything important.

Do you guys think that Stannis or Ramsay will die today?

gtdeZ8c.jpg

I think both are gonna die

Sean C

My Top 10:

10. Dark Wings, Dark Words - this will be an unconventional choice for many people (indeed, I've seen a lot of lists that rank this among the lowest), but I really like this episode; I think it does a great job with its plots, and has a number of really memorable sequences for the various characters (including virtually the only Sansa scene in season 3 that's any good for the character).

9. Mockingbird - Oberyn's scene with Tyrion was the finest moment in the fourth season.

8. The Old Gods and the New - Theon's taking of Winterfell and the riot in King's Landing are the strongest parts of this episode, but it's pretty good all around, Qarth aside (and, while I know that Jon's season 2 plot is a big mistake in many ways, I like the introduction of Ygritte here).

7. And Now His Watch Has Ended - the high point for Dany's character post-Season 1.

6. You Win Or You Die - this might be my #1 choice if not for the scene with Littlefinger and the two whores, which is easily the worst scene in the entire show.

5. Hardhome - mainly on the strength of the closing sequence, but it's a doozy.

4. The Mountain and the Viper - what seemed like a promising development in Sansa's story was completely squandered in retrospect, but this is still a great episode.

3. The Pointy End - episodes 107-110 are the strongest run of episodes in the show's history, in my opinion.

2. Fire and Blood - the best season finale, by far, with great moments for every character.

1. Blackwater - this episode comes at the end of the show's weakest season, and is so good it almost redeems it. Concentrating on one plot is not something the show has been able to justify doing much (indeed, I think the other time they attempted it it was a mistake), but it really works here.

Going through and running the final tally!

MAKE YOUR CHOICE NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE (and your avatar).

Bets are locked at 5:45 PM PST/8:45 PM EST!

If possible, we may need volunteers to make more Olly avatars so we have a wide variety to choose from. They'll all suck of course, because Olly, but that's the point.

Ok, here are the FINAL standings.

15 minutes.

May the gods smile upon you all.

#teamOllyKills
m_shortpants
PfantzyPantz
Fuzzy
Jacob
Euron Crow's Eye
Atraveller
LordCanti
Violet_0