• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize something funny, both Cersei & Dany look like they could have used the help of a Terminator in their respective situations

Lena Heady - Sarah Connor Chronicles and Emila Clarke - Terminator Genisys

suzu

Regarding ollisaves:

I get that we Ollysaves guys have to get the I suck avatar, but why do the Ollystab guys have to wear the same? If he doesnt stab Jon, than he doesnt suck, right? Or is it because it was just a big big troll from D&D?

Olly still sucks.

Phenomena

Put me on the #TeamOllyKills.

It's been a really mediocre season but I'm very excited for the finale. Can't wait to see my sister and her boyfriend's reaction when Jon "dies".

Judderman

drawer by drawer
It's really hard trying to avoid spoilers when you are a book reader, since you click on the spoilers thinking hey, I know this already!

>.<

That said, that name I clicked through...

l8Vh6nK.gif

I'm hoping shit just gets really crazy. Just off-the-rails locura.

#TeamOllyGetsTornInHalfByWunWun

Speevy

Banned
Based solely on common sense intution, and not any stupid fake leaks that were floating around, these are my guesses on everything that happens tonight.

Some of this might sound spoilery but it's really what I'm guessing will happen.

In Dorne

-Jaime, Bronn, Myrcella, and Trystane depart from Dorne. They are attacked again and Myrcella's face is injured in the scuffle. All three sand snakes are killed.

In King's Landing

-Cersei confesses to the high sparrow, and must do her walk of penance. She meets Robert Strong. This is literally everything that happens in King's Landing. Varys is not in the episode at all. Kevan and Pycelle do not die.

North of Winterfell

Stannis sees the snows melt and prepares to march of Winterfell. His army approaches Winterfell and this is where we leave off until next season.

The Wall

Davos Seaworth delivers Stannis' terms to Jon who mulls over accepting them. He brings this news to his men, and at some point a group of them enter his chambers and stab him for the building resentment.

Braavos

Arya Stark takes needle and kills Meryn Trant. This is probably the most solid prediction I can name. I don't know how or where this happens. Whatever else happens, this is going down.

Winterfell

Sansa finally breaks through to Theon and convinces him to help her. Theon lights the candle in the broken tower and Brienne comes. She takes the corkscrew and shanks either Myranda or Ramsay, whoever tries to stop her. Brienne, Pod, Sansa, and Theon leave together for who knows where. Perhaps there is a brief scene where Roose is making preparations for Stannis' siege.

No clue how Benjen Stark ties into any of this, other than him possibly being the Night's King, or carrying Jon off after the stabbing.

In Meereen

-Tyrion, Daario, Jorah, and Missandei ponder what to do without Dany. Dany leaves and meets the Dothraki for about 2 seconds.

NOT in the episode: Varys, Pycelle, Kevan, Tommen, Margaery, Balon, Yara

What I just named is more or less all they have time for in this episode. Anything else is hopeful fanboy speculation or deliberate deception by sad individuals with too much free time.

Loke13

it made drogon seem really easy to kill, if a couple of harpies did that much damage I don't see how formidable the dragon would be in a huge war with tons of enemies.
Read up on the original Dance With Dragons it's got a lot of information about dragons mainly that a dragons strength comes from its ability to fly however on the ground it's basically a giant target.

Sean C

You gotta cite something to back up her "arc" being about gaining appreciation in her roots.
Er, pretty much the entire tenor of her attitude toward the North, her family, the Godswood, etc. after AGOT? She's even acting out a much darker version of her father's childhood.

She even learns her brothers are alive and proceeds to not do anything about it.
1) We haven't seen her since she found that out.
2) What exactly would you expect her to be doing in her present circumstances that she hasn't?

Zabka

it made drogon seem really easy to kill, if a couple of harpies did that much damage I don't see how formidable the dragon would be in a huge war with tons of enemies.

Drogon should be easy to kill, he's just a baby. How old could the dragons be at this point, 2 or 3? Balerion lived to be 200.

Brakke

Banned
Er, pretty much the entire tenor of her attitude toward the North, her family, the Godswood, etc. after AGOT? She's even acting out a much darker version of her father's childhood

"Tenor of her attitude"? This isn't how evidence works. You can plainly see I'm reading a different attitude from her than you are. You have any scenes in mind?

When Ned lived in the Vale it was under an Aryn and with his cool buddy Robert Baratheon. That's p different than Alayne's situation.

Patriots7

I thought it was supposed to be highlighted that dragons aren't an automatic win.

Balerion was straight up gangster and the largest dragon to have ever lived. Most are considerably smaller and can be killed (with lots of casualties of course)

Also Drogon is still only like 2 years old. Versus Balerion that was like 100?

I think it's partly that he's going to get much bigger and partly that *tamed* dragons are powerful. You never heard of horses conquering a country, but it certainly happened with cavalry.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What if (speculation based on the precap)
Benjen = Olly? And that's why he keeps hanging around Jon Snow whilst nodding and broing out and shit?

Sean C

"Tenor of her attitude"? This isn't how evidence works. You can plainly see I'm reading a different attitude from her than you are. You have any scenes in mind?

When Ned lived in the Vale it was under an Aryn and with his cool buddy Robert Baratheon. That's p different than Alayne's situation.
Like all that praying at the Godswood (reconnecting with Northern spirituality she had not previously favoured), her many reflections on her life in Winterfell, the insistent internal assertion that she is "Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn's daughter, the blood of Winterfell"?

Er, yes, that's why I said it was a "much darker version" of that childhood. But she is being paralleled with Ned (and also with her mother, much more obviously); such parallels are found in the stories of all three of the Stark kid POVs.

Patriots7

What if (speculation based on the precap)
Benjen = Olly? And that's why he keeps hanging around Jon Snow whilst nodding and broing out and shit?
benjen was inexplicably disguised as one of the wildlings that killed Olly's family. It's revealed after the stabbing.

#DandDlogic

Arabesque

Aegon is nothing more than a Mummer's Dragon. Much like Stannis' Lightbringer, following his false light will only lead us deeper into darkness.

Speevy

Banned
I started a film blog recently and just put up a post on top ten Game of Thrones episodes.

Would you guys care about that?

More lists are always welcome.

I would probably say (in no particular order)

-Hardhome
-Blackwater
-The Lion and the Rose
-Fire and Blood
-The one where Theon first lands on the Iron Islands and meets his father, forget the name
-The Watchers on the Wall
-The one where Ned gets all betrayed by Littlefinger and they kill all his men.
-The Rains of Castamere
-Season 3, Episode 4
-The Pilot

Turin

Banned
I don't know what my top ten would be.

First one's that came to mind:

-Baelor
-Hardhome
-Pilot
-S1 E6
-Watchers on the Wall