• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this. Hoo boy.

Alfie Allen promises a terrible Season 5 event: 'Get ready for it'

That scene seems to involve Theon, as Allen teases: "There's something that happens about halfway through this season that is really going to make huge waves, and people aren't going to be happy about it. It's hard to watch. I bear witness to this thing, and it's crazy, sort of having to portray how messed up everyone's situation is through my own reactions to what happens. Get ready for it."

aEwKQdn_700b.jpg

ryseing

I'm guessing it's going to be the scene with Fake Arya, if that's happening. I remember in the books it was even implied with dogs.

Well, Sansa's replacing fArya, so...

I'm still betting on 8. Whether it's a full 8 or a S7 Part I and II is the only question.

Money's on this as well. Too much material for only 28 more hours.

Last season is presumably going to be WW. That means you have to wrap all of the other politics stuff in 18 episodes if you stick to seven seasons, and I don't see any possible way for that to happen.

Thorgal

Ok ,so i have been re watching the series and reading the threads of those and i really don't get why people called Shae's Actress horribly bad

while she 's on screen she never agravated or bore me to death or made my ears bleed
Ill agree she is not on " give that woman an Oscar ,stat " level but i would on the other hand never put her on " Wow , how did this woman pass Audition ? " level either

So what am i missing or not seeing or hearing ?

Hell , the only character who was utterly horrible in this show was that fat farmboy Arya stabbed back in season imo

Plasmid

I haven't been following closely enough, but I've seen people saying that in this thread for a couple of weeks... HOW is it we know this?
Newest episode:

LF:"My marriage proposal has been accepted."

Sansa: "But I thought you were mourning my great aunt lysa"

LF: *scheme face*

It HAS to be Sansa replacing fArya.

Iksenpets

Banned
She also said it was a 6/10 compared to the Red Wedding. If it were that I think it'd rank higher...

Eh, that scene will be awful, but compared to everyone dying, yeah it's probably only a 6.

Now if they got the dogs involved then it's like a 9. Please don't get the dogs involved, D&D.

Iksenpets

Banned
I was thinking about the dogs. Without that, then yeah.

If it's just the licking, then it'll be rough, but the dogs would be *shudder*

What's awful is while I'm pretty confident they'd never make Sansa do the dogs, I could totally see them doing a Myranda and the dogs scene.

Blatz

"That thing seems to be part of a storyline that will have them interacting with an unnamed main character. Both Allen and Rheon were excited to work with the new actor, with Allen calling it an "absolute joy." It doesn't sound like the onscreen storyline will be as joyful as the offscreen work was, though. "

How can it be Sansa as fArya if it's a "new actor"? I think you guys need a new theory.

Patriots7

Eh, that scene will be awful, but compared to everyone dying, yeah it's probably only a 6.

Now if they got the dogs involved then it's like a 9. Please don't get the dogs involved, D&D.
I don't believe HBO would have the portrayal of a teenager, who happens to be a main character, being raped shown.

Not to mention that Sansa getting her wish of going home only to be victimized and assaulted inside Winterfell would be absolutely disgusting.

This infuriates me because it makes no sense. What can Littlefinger get by giving them Sansa? As soon as she marries Ramsay, she is no longer his property and the Boltons don't need Littlefinger. If Stannis invades Winterfell, who knows what'll happen to Sansa (in the books he refused to recognize Sansa as heir to Winterfell because she was married to Tyrion).

If this is what we think it is, then the controversy is going to absolutely eclipse the Jaime/Cersei rape scene. I don't want to believe D&D would actually go there.
D&D should go fuck themselves if this actually happens, for no reason other than them finding Sansa's actual plot too boring for TV.

"That thing seems to be part of a storyline that will have them interacting with an unnamed main character. Both Allen and Rheon were excited to work with the new actor, with Allen calling it an "absolute joy." It doesn't sound like the onscreen storyline will be as joyful as the offscreen work was, though. "

How can it be Sansa as fArya if it's a "new actor"? I think you guys need a new theory.
Sansa would be new in the sense that neither had worked with her before (I don't think Theon had any scenes with Sansa in S1)

Blatz

Sansa would be new in the sense that neither had worked with her before (I don't think Theon had any scenes with Sansa in S1)

Maybe. But I think it's more likely that it's an actual new actor and Sansa just witnesses this thing, whatever D&D make it out to be.

Blatz

Maybe. But I think it's more likely that it's an actual new actor and Sansa just witnesses this thing, whatever D&D make it out to be.

Oh no....Just after I typed this I imagined a situation where things go south. ^^^ this is happening and Ramsey is telling Sansa she's next. Then Breinne saves the day. I hope that doesn't happen.

Have you read the books?

Roose wants a fake arya so they have a "legitimate" reason to rule the north. Ramsay needs a new wife.

No Poole since S01, so yeah.

But wouldn't that be perfect for a twist? Oh no! Poor little Jeyne Poole has been captured by the Boltons and is Ramsay's new play-mate/wife/victim. She and Theon/Reek could be buddies. I don't think it was possible to do a fake-out where the audience believed the Boltons had somehow captured Arya. But again, never liked the FArya stuff

I refuse to believe they've done this.

Yes they may do it, controversy and debate of questionable scenes leads to higher ratings

Plasmid

But wouldn't that be perfect for a twist? Oh no! Poor little Jeyne Poole has been captured by the Boltons and is Ramsay's new play-mate/wife/victim. She and Theon/Reek could be buddies. I don't think it was possible to do a fake-out where the audience believed the Boltons had somehow captured Arya. But again, never liked the FArya stuff

Well I think it's more of moving Sansa forward while still staying with the books for major points. D&D can't introduce Poole out of nowhere and bringing theon and Sansa together would be interesting.

Yep, this. I think whatever horrible thing it is, Sansa witnesses it, it isn't done to her. Bad shit happening to her yet again would be boring and contrary to her character arc.

Exactly, why would they victimize her when they are trying to play her off as Fem-Finger in training? Why would Littlefinger even take such a stupid risk? He'll lose Sansa who he actually has affection for as well as a potential asset to obtain the north. The Boltons don't play and they don't negotiate.

Those "Sansa Stark has entered the game" memes will become humorously obsolete if she just gets victimized again

Yeah, making Sansa the victim of some sick shit is another possible "done" point with this show if they go that route. Never mind some really awful writing that would accompany it.

Lothar

Banned
Yep, this. I think whatever horrible thing it is, Sansa witnesses it, it isn't done to her. Bad shit happening to her yet again would be boring and contrary to her character arc.

It wouldn't be the first time. Jaime raping Cersei was contrary to his character arc.

I believe this is going to happen.

kirblar

IThis infuriates me because it makes no sense. What can Littlefinger get by giving them Sansa? As soon as she marries Ramsay, she is no longer his property and the Boltons don't need Littlefinger. If Stannis invades Winterfell, who knows what'll happen to Sansa (in the books he refused to recognize Sansa as heir to Winterfell because she was married to Tyrion).
If we're correct and the Sansa in Winterfell promo stuff means what we think it does, I think I now understand why a lot of weird decisions have been made in the past two seasons - it's the Riverlands material. We're actually seeing the adaptation here- the Riverlands material wasn't just cut- it was merged into the North and other storylines where possible. This is why we're seeing Jaime in Dorne, no LSH, and a potential Sansa/Ramsay pairing in place of fArya. The Sansa/Ramsay stuff doesn't make any sense in context of the Northern storylines in the book. But it makes complete sense in context of the Riverlands storyline. Consider the fan theories about how the Riverlands material is going to climax. And all of a sudden this makes total sense given the likely outcome, which can easily be ported over to the Northern region. Minus some delicious Frey pies, unfortunately.

I suspect they had not made this adaptation decision after season 3 was in the can, though, because too many decisions in season 3 are breadcrumbs heading in that direction. Bran's vision with Catelyn's neck wrapped, the scene with Arya/Beric, Blackfish surviving- these are all things you likely do differently if you know that materials being merged into other story arcs.
It wouldn't be the first time. Jaime raping Cersei was contrary to his character arc.
That was a production screw-up where they managed to just completely botch the scene.

Lothar

Banned
That was a production screw-up where they managed to just completely botch the scene.

How's about Arya treating the Hound's wounds and caring for him on an arc where she turned into a cold emotionless being who hates the Hound and shows him no mercy two episodes later?

How's about Arya treating the Hound's wounds and caring for him on an arc where she turned into a cold emotionless being who hates the Hound and shows him no mercy two episodes later?

Mixed messages? Arya was emotional? She sort of cares in a "You're a good doggy who keeps me safe" kind of way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom