• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

184.gif

Fuck off.

Ponn

Banned
yeah sorry, I don't buy it. there's no way he'd be able to convince her to do that

By this point she was starting to harden up and become numb to shit. She was starting to learn to play the "game" so I really don't find this far fetched. Also at this point her story in the books wasn't really going much of anywhere. They need to pad this shit out somehow.

By this point she was starting to harden up and become numb to shit. She was starting to learn to play the "game" so I really don't find this far fetched. Also at this point her story in the books wasn't really going much of anywhere. They need to pad this shit out somehow.

The problem is that when they do this shit they start constraining paths in the actual books. This kind of stuff sucks.

Yeah, with this whole Sansa thing and her taking fake Arya's place, I can see Brianne taking Mance's place in trying to rescue her.

Then again, they seem to be heavily foreshadowing some confrontation between Brianne and Stannis with how much they're dredging up Renly's name. Brienne better not kill the Mannis...

Not sure why you guys are so upset

Sansa needed new material, this is new material. Her plot line had reached where it was in the books anyway. At least see how it plays out.

Ponn

Banned
The problem is that when they do this shit they start constraining paths in the actual books. This kind of stuff sucks.

I guess I was prepared for them to eventually veer from the books at some point. First I figured there was no way in hell GRRM could keep the books coming out in time for the show. Also for shows to be entertaining in a long term sense they cannot follow books entirely. I will be honest Sansa's story in the books got boring as hell and introduced characters I could give a shit less about. This is actually pretty interesting to me and keeps characters we already know in play that make more sense.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Not sure why you guys are so upset

Sansa needed new material, this is new material. Her plot line had reached where it was in the books anyway. At least see how it plays out.

Stop dude, there is no justifying it. The only way this "works" is by screwing with either Ramsay or Sansa's character. Either Ramsay isn't the Ramsay we know from the books and can be manipulated or Sansa is turned back into an abused captive.

Game of Thrones Season 5 |OT| Salt is coming.

We'll see how it plays out, certainly too early to call it a win, but so far I'm so very on board with the changes.

Stop dude, there is no justifying it. The only way this "works" is by screwing with either Ramsay or Sansa's character. Either Ramsay isn't the Ramsay we know from the books and can be manipulated or Sansa is turned back into an abused captive.

it's totally justified because the books are the books and the tv show is the tv show. Did you really expect them to just spin their wheels with Sansa for a season and add on a dozen more superfluous (for the TV show) characters?

I think it's a really interesting change and now the show has the chance to surprise me. I'm not watching this show just to see a story play out the same way I've already experienced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom