• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

HOLY SHIT just watch ep3, that was the kindest episode to the Starks for a LONG while, i almost cried when Sansa entered Winterfell, and the old maid said 'Welcome back, Lady Stark. The north remembers". No joke, i almost teared up. And then Jon Snow following the lesson taught by his father, just like Rob before him, god damn amazing. So much focus on them im loving season 5 so far.

I cannot stand Bolton, the North remembers as do i, fuck him and his son. But, i know whatever happens, the Starks will be dealt another blow :( I feel its going to hurt deep this season.

You sound a bit like an Unsullied... have you read the books? If not you are in the wrong thread ;)

Madness

Damn, I was just trying to be funny, he did seem like he hadn't read the books, so my mistake. It's funny, both threads are equal in pages, right down to the very same post count right now. My post here will probably make us have one more than the book thread.

Joni

112949-Ramsay-Snow-gif-if-you-think-t-FDZX.gif
This one at least has the potential to end well. Ramsay will probably die at some point, so why not have Sansa kill him?

Patriots7

What exactly did he spoil?

Those characters are together in the official promo and the second looks like a theory that's technically not a book spoiler.

Moff

I looked up his post history and he already posted season 5 spoilers in random gaming side topics 2 months ago. no one seemed to bother though.

NeoGiff

Anyone spoiling anything about future episodes is lying. There's no possible way they could have seen anything past episode 4. Someone was doing it over at Watchers the other day and it's all bullshit, so don't worry if you glimpsed something.

Edit: I want to also post this in the Unsullied thread to just to assure them, but I'm afraid of a ban.

Anyone spoiling anything about future episodes is lying. There's no possible way they could have seen anything past episode 4. Someone was doing it over at Watchers the other day and it's all bullshit, so don't worry if you glimpsed something.

Edit: I want to also post this in the Unsullied thread to just to assure them, but I'm afraid of a ban.
That prick posted a picture of Dany and crew sitting at the Pit.

Yonafunu

It was a picture from the set. I don't know if it was fake, but I hadn't seen it before. I haven't been paying attention in the pre-season this year tho, so it could just be me, but it looked real enough.

Chuckie

Lol yeah better not. I think over there saying something isn't a spoiler will be considered a spoiler if you are a book reader :p

NeoGiff

That prick posted a picture of Dany and crew sitting at the Pit.

It was a picture from the set. I don't know if it was fake, but I hadn't seen it before. I haven't been paying attention in the pre-season this year tho, so it could just be me, but it looked real enough.

Lol yeah better not. I think over there saying something isn't a spoiler will be considered a spoiler if you are a book reader :p

Oh, for fuck sake. I thought they had just spread the false manure that was going around over the last few days.

Ikael

Peter Dinklage: Not bad by any means, but overrated as fuck. The show's whitewashing didn't made any favours to his interpretations, either

Alfie Allen: One of the most underrated actors of the entire show. The level of nuance and inner struggle reflected on his performance makes up for (almost) all the lost inner monologes

Lena Headay: Hated S1 Cersei, loving S5 Cersei. Weird. This is a very rare case of an actress becoming better with each passing episode. Same thing as...

Kit Harrington: His latest impersonations of Jon Snu have been nothing but awesomeness and to be fair the material that he had to work with during the first seasons was abysmal.

Diana Rigg: Her Tyrell impersonation greatly improves her book counterpart. I love to see one of my favourite book-politicians being so well realized :D

Natalie Dormer: Yet another case of a character getting improved from the books due to its casting choice. She perfectly balances cunning, bitchiness and sweetness. Also, her Dreamworks smirk fits Margaery so well XD

Maisie Williams: She nailed Ayra, despite of some acting inconsistencies. The Hound's final scene and the look that she gave to him gave me massive chills

Siddig: A bit too early to tell, but I am not entirely sold on him yet. A bit too much rigid and not decrepit enough to my tastes. The "fire and blood" twist works precisely because he looks weak in the beggining

Emilia Clarke: Good person, but wholly unsuited to interpretate Daenerys. That being said, she hasn't had any proper script material to work with since "Dracarys"

EDIT: The imbecile that posted in the unsullied tread also spoilered non-book readers about Sansa's "horrible scene" -_-

Peter's accent hasn't gotten much better. If he could act in his native tongue or pull off a better English accent you would see the quality he has.

This is exactly what I came to post. I was thinking on that whole "friend" thing for a while.

This is everything to me, I love the way he speaks, its beautiful. I want to speak like that everyday of my life.

The worst part is that he's probably proud of himself right now.
Well, continuing to provide them with attention by discussing it in both threads perhaps gives them with some measure of satisfaction, so it's probably best to just move on.

As always, thanks to the helpful people that reported it promptly.

Speevy

Banned
I was just thinking about the reasons for Littlefinger returning to King's Landing/faith militant arresting him.

Does Cersei have any reason to want Littlefinger jailed? It seems like an awfully bizarre thing since he's done so much to help the Lannisters. If she figured out he was behind Joffrey's murder, that's another thing entirely.

I was just thinking about the reasons for Littlefinger returning to King's Landing/faith militant arresting him.

Does Cersei have any reason to want Littlefinger jailed? It seems like an awfully bizarre thing since he's done so much to help the Lannisters. If she figured out he was behind Joffrey's murder, that's another thing entirely.

No way did she figure that out. But it's interesting for sure, yeah. I wonder if he'll end up replacing some of the Small Council supporting cast from AFFC in some fashion, or whether he'll end up playing some sort of role later on in Cersei's trial (though obviously that's not what she summoned him for). I could see them handing the assassinating-Kevan role to him, too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What's going to happen to Varys now? He's gonna die, isn't he?

I was kinda hoping Jorah would capture him alongside Tyrion, but that didn't happen.

Jorah and Yezzan will lead Tyrion to Dany, so now he has no actual role in the overarching plot. All the characters he interacts with in the books after ASoS don't even exist in the show.

It seems like an easy kill to add to the show's gallery. And they're always looking for those due to how "deaths! deaths! more deaths!" seems to be the show's main selling point.

Hamlet

What's going to happen to Varys now? He's gonna die, isn't he?

I was kinda hoping Jorah would capture him alongside Tyrion, but that didn't happen.

Jorah and Yezzan will lead Tyrion to Dany, so now he has no actual role in the overarching plot. All the characters he interacts with in the books after ASoS don't even exist in the show.

It seems like an easy kill to add to the show's gallery. And they're always looking for those due to how "deaths! deaths! more deaths!" seems to be the show's main selling point.

Doesn't he kill Kevan Lannister at the end for ADWD though. Guessing they'll find a way to make head back to Kings Landing then?

Partition

Banned
Spoilers
He's credit for 5.10, so at the very least I think he'll be in another episode. Episode 10s usually are aftermath episodes rather than major deathfests.

Ep10 last year was a major death fest though, I can see them offing Kevan/Pycelle in Ep10, and saving For The Watch for that episode and have it be a cliffhanger which is what seems to be rumored.

Brazil

Spoilers
He's credit for 5.10, so at the very least I think he'll be in another episode. Episode 10s usually are aftermath episodes rather than major deathfests.

Wait...
We already have credits for the last episode out now?

Hamlet

I doubt it. He helped Tyrion and everyone knows it.

They'll still need him to be there to kill Kevan Lannister and Pycelle though if they decide to keep those deaths from the book possibly. If not then i'll be very curious to see what the show does in regards to Kevan Lannister.

Brazil

They'll still need him to be there to kill Kevan Lannister and Pycelle though if they decide to keep those deaths from the book possibly. If not then i'll be very curious to see what the show does in regards to Kevan Lannister.

"Varys sent his regards" *death*

Done.

Edit: Just as a clarification: considering the size of Varys' sphere of influence, it wouldn't be far-fetched for him to have sent assassins that could act even after his own death. And even without him in the picture, they could simply claim Ilyrio or some other Dany ally-to-be sent the killers.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pycelle died in the books?

Yes

Pycelle continues his duty as Grand Maester but is wary of Lord Mace Tyrell, who is wroth with Pycelle at revealing Maergary's requests for moon tea. He requests guards from Ser Kevan Lannister out of fear for his personal safety. Pycelle's fears prove justified, as he is killed in his chambers, not by Tyrell men but by Lord Varys, who removes both him and Kevan to ensure they cannot repair the damage Cersei had done to the kingdom and the Lannister-Tyrell alliance.

via awoiaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom