• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

That's another thought. What if they just turned Sansa crazy? She killed Myranda, screwed Ramsay, and starts flaying everyone in the north.

If this were Dexter she would end up liking Ramsay and they would form a psycho duo of lunatics killing everything in the North.

Holy shit, just got bad shivers writing that. The real psychopaths are the writers of Dexter's season 8 >_<

Ser Robert Strong is stupid even for a book with Zombie Cat and Lavarm. I hope he doesn't get to do anything because a Zombie Gregor would be too much for me.

suzu

If they're not going with what happens with Jenye Pool in the book, then they're probably going to make Sansa partake in some flaying. D:

Well, there is no point in bringing him back in the show if they weren't going to do something with him. lol

Yeah I wouldn't be remotely surprised to find out that there's a scene in which Ramsay kinda coerces Sansa into doing something horrible to Theon and she has to pretend to be into it to keep her cover up.

Brakke

Banned
What?

Why do they send the head to Dorne, out of respect?

Oh boy.Headless warrior.

The headless part probably won't make the show.

Yeah show-Doran mentions that King's Landing promised to send them The Mountain's head since he confessed to killing and raping Elia as he killed Oberyn.

It's not clear in the books if the head they send south is actually Gregor's but man I really hope so; headless Robert Strong is too silly to miss.

Yeah show-Doran mentions that King's Landing promised to send them The Mountain's head since he confessed to killing and raping Elia as he killed Oberyn.

It's not clear in the books if the head they send south is actually Gregor's but man I really hope so; headless Robert Strong is too silly to miss.

If I recall correctly, Robert Strong isn't headless. Rather, he's got like eight dead prostitutes for a head.

hoos30

Season 6 I still believe!

If they didn't have some planned for Blackfish at the time, regardless of if they've dropped it now, they would've totall killed him off. They're gleeful about upsetting fans with early deaths, so that wouldn't have stopped them. Plus, they could've adapted Smalljon's death for him and it would've been awesome.

Really, I don't think they decided to include Blackfish without some conversation with GRRM to confirm that his Winds role is important enough to warrant inclusion. They had to know that Jaime in Riverrun probably wasn't going to make the cut, and he was never integral to season 3's plot. He's a weird side character to introduce if there's not something coming for him.

Introducing the Blackfish was worth it for the funeral raft scene alone.

There's almost nothing pointing to Jon being Lyanna's son in the show, if they are talking about it it's because they've read about it online or have read aGoT.

I guessed Lyanna was actually Jon's mother and Rhaegar his father from the first episode. *shrug* All those RPGs I've played are responsible for that I think. Only thing I wasn't sure of is if Rhaegar raped her or not.

If it turns out Jon is not the spawn of R + L, I'll chalk it up to GRRM changing his mind after he noticed how popular that theory was and that maybe he wasn't as clever in hiding it as he thought. (And I'd be thoroughly pissed about it)

He's not going to change it, he did an interview last year where this came up.

https://youtu.be/JQzCPf2NgwE?t=3m5s

Iksenpets

Banned
Did the show ever clear up who was behind the assassin who went after Bran in season 1?

Nah, show seems to have dropped this point. I doubt we'll ever hear about it again. I think the show is happy to leave that unresolved, and to let the average viewer just assume Jaime and Cersei really did it.

glaw52

Nah, show seems to have dropped this point. I doubt we'll ever hear about it again. I think the show is happy to leave that unresolved, and to let the average viewer just assume Jaime and Cersei really did it.

Didn't show have Littlefinger hold the knife up to Ned? I don't think the show watchers would have missed that.

GOT504_082714_HS_DSC_49471.jpg

The feather in her hand looks like the one Robert put on Lyanna's statue in the crypts in Season 1.

Chuckie

If I recall correctly, Robert Strong isn't headless. Rather, he's got like eight dead prostitutes for a head.

Lmao. That would be awesome.

The whole headless thing (besides them sending the skull to Dorne is probably because of Brans vision:
Over them loomed a Giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

Violet_0

Banned
it might be because I became a book reader after S4 (technically I've read the first book before the show started) or maybe the quality of the show took a bit of a nosedive, but I'm really not feeling S5 so far. And on top of that the new Sansa arc just bothers me somehow

Timbuktu

At the moment it feels that they have drastically streamlined from the books without giving it focus. The depth in character and the sense of history you get from the books were always going to give way on TV, but I would want them to exchange that for more narrative momentum. It's still early days.

Ratrat

They need to nail Dorne. And since they are already ruining Dances best arc(Theon) they need to make up for that with Cersei.

Ratrat

I think we still have some time for ghost of Winterfell before things go down.
He's not going to rescue Sansa like he did Jeyne, even more so without Mance and with the presence of Brienne. He won't have that reunion with Asha either. Id be shocked if Sansa doesn't have his throat slit. He's just as reprehensible as Ramsay for her after betraying Rob, killing Bran and Rickon and burning Winterfell.

Brakke

Banned
That last ep did cool work with Theon, I thought. Sort of a nice nod to the books, several of those Winterfell scenes framed around Theon observing other people interacting: like a POV character sort of thing. He didn't have any lines but the camera specifically followed him in a couple of shots.

Tuffty

Alfie Allen is very underrated on the show. Theon's such a complex character that must be hard to translate to TV as a lot of it is his own internal struggles, but he pretty much nails it just by looking at his face. Look at the clips where he struggles with executing Ser Rodrik or hoisting the burnt bodies up and you can see the instant regret and fear.

Pluto

There's almost nothing pointing to Jon being Lyanna's son in the show, if they are talking about it it's because they've read about it online or have read aGoT.
I don't think so, one of my friends sniffed out that Lyanna is Jon's mother at the end of the second episode. There was all this talk about his mother and Ned's refusal to tell who she is, so he figured she must be someone important and not some random chick, at the same time there were countless mentions of Lyanna, hammering into the audience's heads that Ned had a sister and when Ned told Jon he was his "blood" it clicked for my friend, Jon was related to Ned but not his son, so he figured Lyanna was the mother and later when Robert had one of his "All Targaryen's must die!!!" rants he figured out the reason, Lyanna is the mother, Rhaegar is the father and Robert would have killed Jon if he found out. After watching Robert for some time he even mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if Lyanna wasn't kidnapped but just wanted to get away from Robert who he described as a "fat, drunk, disgusting pig who no woman would like to be married to".

The hints are there and the show wasn't exactly subtle about his parentage coming into play later, as book readers we often only see the things that aren't in the show and ignore the stuff staring us right in the face. Rewatching the first few episodes there's an awful lot of "Lyanna this, Lyanna that", "honorable Ned Stark wouldn't cheat", "Who's Jon's mother?" etc., it's absolutely possible to figure R+L=J just by watching the show.

bengraven

Season 6 I still believe!

If they didn't have some planned for Blackfish at the time, regardless of if they've dropped it now, they would've totall killed him off. They're gleeful about upsetting fans with early deaths, so that wouldn't have stopped them. Plus, they could've adapted Smalljon's death for him and it would've been awesome.

Really, I don't think they decided to include Blackfish without some conversation with GRRM to confirm that his Winds role is important enough to warrant inclusion. They had to know that Jaime in Riverrun probably wasn't going to make the cut, and he was never integral to season 3's plot. He's a weird side character to introduce if there's not something coming for him.

Speaking of which, you may be right. GRRM let a bit slip about the prologue to Winds, and I believe he mentioned (WINDS)
that it was the Blackfish with Jeyne?
If so, maybe that does or doesn't bode well.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Just finished the books.....

Jon and Quentynn can't be dead :/ I'm sure Jon isn't dead, Quentynn not so sure.

What a god damn cliffhanger of an ending.

That last ep did cool work with Theon, I thought. Sort of a nice nod to the books, several of those Winterfell scenes framed around Theon observing other people interacting: like a POV character sort of thing. He didn't have any lines but the camera specifically followed him in a couple of shots.
There's a couple nice little bits of visual storytelling with Theon seeing the ravens being brought in and the flayed men.

Burt

That doesn't answer the question, after all he admitted to Cat and Ned the knife was his.

Didn't they cover it in the show? I didn't read the first book but still know it was Joffrey. Or did that come forth in later books?

Just finished the books.....

Jon and Quentynn can't be dead :/ I'm sure Jon isn't dead, Quentynn not so sure.

What a god damn cliffhanger of an ending.

Quentyn's toast. Also, if they were gonna have Quentyn in the show, it would have to be this guy

Except you gotta figure out how to make him look Dornish I guess

Joffrey being behind the assassination attempt is only really implied in Storm if I recall. It's kind of a dropped point in the books too; just explained away with "Oh it must have been Joffrey because he's the only one dumb enough to try to pull that off."

Joffrey being behind the assassination attempt is only really implied in Storm if I recall. It's kind of a dropped point in the books too; just explained away with "Oh it must have been Joffrey because he's the only one dumb enough to try to pull that off."

Tyrion had a line about the dagger when he got to King's landing in Season 2. Joffery squirm and you knew it was him. That's really all you need. It could have been to hide his parentage and it could have been because Tyrion imp-slapped him when they talked about Bran. Either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom