• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

The thing that bothers me is that they spend all this time showing how the Unsullied are badass and unstoppable and then these Sons of the Harpy, who are ostensibly ex-slaver punks, are just wiping the streets with them.

Iraqi occupation metaphor or not.

Kacar

Barristan BEAST.

There weren't these mass killings in the books prior to the fighting pits were there??

WTF that shit just ended 8 minutes early.

duckroll

The Dorne stuff is pretty cool. A little too stereotypically "exotic", but whatever. Beats the Riverlands. :p

Jorah and Tyrion is great. Their exchanges will be very entertaining. It was the only good parts of the Tyrion chapters in the later books, so I'm glad that's the only thing they're keeping, lol.

The Harpy stuff? Total nonsense. Unsullied got wrecked hard. Wtf was that shit. Barristan and Grey Worm taken down by a ton of Harpies in a narrow corridor? Pls. Contrived as fuck.

The Rhaegar foreshadowing was laid on soooooooooo thick this week. Almost feels like this is the first time the show has ever emphasized his importance. I guess the reveal is going to happen within a season or two and they realized they had to actually prepare viewers for it. Lololol.

CoolOff

They're both still alive, right? Right?

I mean, why else would you set up the Harpy being a moment away from slitting his throat to Grey Worm saving him...?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Unsullied get wrecked by Sons of the Harpy? Yeah, no.

Can't wait to see the apologists' take on this one.

Well, I'm no apologist but the Unsullied's strength is in their discipline and ability to form a proper spear line. One on one they are not so effective. This is coming from Barristan's TWOW preview chapter.

duckroll

From the preview at the end:
It looks like Barristan is really dead. There's a scene with Dany and others surrounding his body. RIP.

Hamlet

Preview -
Tyrion and Jorah seeing the massive Drogon flying above looked pretty cool. Not looking good for Selmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom