• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters if they want support of the other Northern houses.

All the other Northern houses would see is Sansa pregnant with the future Warden of the North with Stark blood.

In the show, marital rape hasn't really ever been socially stigmatized (heck, just look at bedding ritual.)

Kain

hzQB7ELh.jpg

Make it even more obvious why don't you.

Facepalm

All the other Northern houses would see is Sansa pregnant with the future Warden of the North with Stark blood.

In the show, marital rape hasn't really ever been socially stigmatized (heck, just look at bedding ritual.)

Sure, but I don't think it's gonna get that far. We're going to see a pretty close retread of the Season 1 scene where Catelyn gets the entire inn of Northerners to capture Tyrion for her.

Patriots7

Sure, but I don't think it's gonna get that far. We're going to see a pretty close retread of the Season 1 scene where Catelyn gets the entire inn of Northerners to capture Tyrion for her.
I think you're far too optimistic.
The marriage will likely occur, brutal assault following. Stannis/Brienne enters.

The show runners admitted that they were fans of the Jeyne Poole storyline, but just wanted Sansa to run with it.

Yonafunu

The fight scenes in this episode were fucking horrible. Holy shit at that last fight with the Unsullied and the Sons fo the Harpy. Amateur hour in this shit.

NeoGiff

Preach, sister.
At this point the show is just fan fiction.

Not even creative/good one either.

No, you're 100% wrong. The show wouldn't even be fan fiction if Pycelle took the throne right now while Varys sucked his cock and Littlefinger swept the floors.

The show has been officially sanctioned by GRRM. It's not fan fiction, as much as you may want it to be.

Speevy

Banned
I really don't see what major changes have been done so far that are markedly inferior to what's in the books.

Sure, Barristan Selmy was awesome and I hate to lose him, but it's not like his death ruined Dany's storyline, or altered it in any way.

Moreover, the Sansa thing (the other major change) is much more interesting than what is featured in the books.

What would Sansa do in the Vale this season?

Do we really want Stannis to ride south and get stuck in a snow storm, then trade misfortunes with the Boltons until next season?

I think having an existing Stark take over the northern rebellion stuff is much better than some character we have to learn about brand new.

There comes a point in every TV series when new characters become unwelcome. It doesn't matter how well they're written or acted. They need to be disposable, and the characters left out of the books aren't disposable, so they're not in the show.

gspec

No, you're 100% wrong. The show wouldn't even be fan fiction if Pycelle took the throne right now while Varys sucked his cock and Littlefinger swept the floors.

The show has been officially sanctioned by GRRM. It's not fan fiction, as much as you may want it to be.

But it is not canon either.

gspec

I really don't see what major changes have been done so far that are markedly inferior to what's in the books.

Sure, Barristan Selmy was awesome and I hate to lose him, but it's not like his death ruined Dany's storyline, or altered it in any way.

Moreover, the Sansa thing (the other major change) is much more interesting than what is featured in the books.

What would Sansa do in the Vale this season?

Do we really want Stannis to ride south and get stuck in a snow storm, then trade misfortunes with the Boltons until next season?

I think having an existing Stark take over the northern rebellion stuff is much better than some character we have to learn about brand new.

There comes a point in every TV series when new characters become unwelcome. It doesn't matter how well they're written or acted. They need to be disposable, and the characters left out of the books aren't disposable, so they're not in the show.

But Sansa being with the boltons is different in Jon eye's compared to Arya. Jon and Arya have special bond. It is because he love Arya more than anyone he broke his night watch vows. Jon doesn't have that type of relationship with Sansa in fact Sansa was the only stark child according to the book to treat Jon poorly because he is bastard. .

Speevy

Banned
But it is not canon either.

What is not canon? The wonderful actors portraying these characters or the millions of dollars in production given to their depictions? How about the contract George R.R. Martin signed to adapt his works however they wish, or the gigantic checks he gets every time the wind blows. Perhaps it's not canon when he reads a copy of every script, or meets with the writers to talk about how the books are going. Is all of that fan fiction too?

But Sansa being with the boltons is different in Jon eye's compared to Arya. Jon and Arya have special bond. It is because he love Arya more than anyone he broke his night watch vows. Jon doesn't have that type of relationship with Sansa in fact Sansa was the only stark child according to the book to treat Jon poorly because he is bastard. .

I can only say and hear this word in his accent from now till the end of time.

I think you're far too optimistic.
The marriage will likely occur, brutal assault following. Stannis/Brienne enters.

The show runners admitted that they were fans of the Jeyne Poole storyline, but just wanted Sansa to run with it.

I think having Sansa go back to being totally helpless would completely undermine everything they seem to intend for her character.

Speevy

Banned

And show Arya has never had one scene of affection for anyone but Robb and her father, both of whom are dead.

They also wisely cut down on the number of characters with warging abilities. No TV viewer wants to know what it feels like to have sex as a wolf.

gspec

And show Arya has never had one scene of affection for anyone but Robb and her father, both of whom are dead.

They also wisely cut down on the number of characters with warging abilities. No TV viewer wants to know what it feels like to have sex as a wolf.

Have you forgotten Needle (her sword)? Why do you think she kept it after the faceless men told here to throw it away? Jon is the one who gave it to her as a present.

Speevy

Banned
Have you forgotten Needle (her sword)? Why do you think she kept it after the faceless men told here to throw it away? Jon is the one who gave it to her as a present.

Oh yeah you're right. Still, Arya's quite busy enough I think, and the wolf stuff just doesn't translate very well to the screen.

Patriots7

You're trying to give D&D ideas?
It's not fan fiction, but as the editor said, it's hard to call it anything but a loose adaptation of Martin's original vision.

I think having Sansa go back to being totally helpless would completely undermine everything they seem to intend for her character.
Which is my biggest problem with the change to her story. I don't mind changing her storyline, but we don't need a retread of Joffrey.

Snake

After rewatching the latest episode I'm pretty bummed at how inevitable they're making the whole "we're gonna burn Shireen" thing. It's possible, as some have said, that Sam/Gilly are going to save her but I'm not confident enough about that.

Arya's gonna put on the Mace Face and rock into King's Landing like

zL1Te7w.gif

this cheered me up tho

suzu

If they wanted to do warging in the other Stark kids, they could show it like Bran's wolf dreams. Maybe later...! lol

After rewatching the latest episode I'm pretty bummed at how inevitable they're making the whole "we're gonna burn Shireen" thing. It's possible, as some have said, that Sam/Gilly are going to save her but I'm not confident enough about that.

this cheered me up tho

What if they burn the mother instead.

I hope they burn the mother.

Melisandre decides to sacrifice Shireen to revive Stannis.

Instead the ONE TRUE GOD decides to take Shireen's mom's life and revives Jon.

And then Jon Snow marries Shireen.
And then Jon Snow is Jon Stark-Targ-Baratheon
Who the fuck is going to stand in the way of that claim to all the thrones in the kingdom.

Do It NeoGIFF

Brakke

Banned
hzQB7ELh.jpg

Make it even more obvious why don't you.

Wait what is even egregious about this tweet? It's not like there's a picture of John Snow in there. If you follow the link (http://www.gameofthrones.com/game-of-thrones/season-5/episode-4/houses/5/house-targaryen) you get to see a family tree that puts Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion as bastard children of Dany, complete with lil baby pics. Cute.

It's just an appendix though. V dry, straightforward.

Drazgul

But she does. Robert and Stannis' blood flows through her veins. And she has some Targ blood.

Something tells me it wouldn't work like that, would need to be direct lineage to kingly blood. Go back far enough and everyone in Westeros is related somehow, after all.

Something tells me it wouldn't work like that, would need to be direct lineage to kingly blood. Go far enough and everyone in Westeros is related somehow, after all.

You don't need Kingsblood to do anything. Band of Brothers didn't sacrifice shit.

The Red God does what the Red God wants.

foxtrot3d

Banned
You don't need Kingsblood to do anything. Band of Brothers didn't sacrifice shit.

The Red God does what the Red God wants.

I think that King's blood might be special but I think the heart of the magical power comes from either manipulated Fire or Blood, hence why the Targs have it has their House words.

Marwyn said:
"All Valyrian sorcery was rooted in blood or fire."

North hate the Boltons and love the Starks. If Sansa let word spread of Ramsay torturing her, there would be repercussions in a logical narrative.

I don't really expect internal logic from the show, however.

bengraven

Oh man, what if we 're getting a Rhaegar flashback this season? Well, I suppose we'd know by now if that were true...

Would be great to finally see the repercussions of RLJ since it's taking GRRM so long to get around to it.

scosher

I don't mind the book change of having Barristan die, but the production of that fight scene just made his exit rather pathetic for the world's most renowned swordsman. Same goes for the Unsullied in that scene. A group of trained fighters from birth get picked apart in an alleyway by a group of thugs with knives? I didn't buy it. Sure, they didn't have the ideal weapons for such combat and were surrounded, but at the very least a highly disciplined group like them should've made a defensive formation with their shields. Instead, they all just fight off on their own like a street brawl.

I feel whoever wrote that whole scene needed to include more subterfuge with the Sons of Harpies. Simply cornering them in an alleyway with knives doesn't seem like a good enough trap to kill off a group of Unsullied + Barristan. The trap needed to be more pronounced, such as the roof or buildings being easily collapsible on the Unsullied, or one of the Unsullied actually being a Harpy in disguise.

Drazgul

Oh man, what if we 're getting a Rhaegar flashback this season? Well, I suppose we'd know by now if that were true...

Would be great to finally see the repercussions of RLJ since it's taking GRRM so long to get around to it.

Think I'd rather see that via Bran and his weirwood visions, so hopefully not quite this season yet. :p

methodman

Banned

Announcement by GRRM next month:

I have decided to split Winds of Winter into two books. The first book, which is releasing in 2017, will not include the following areas of Westeros: The North, South, East or West. None of the characters from Westeros will be in this book. Dany, and Tyrion are not in this book. This book will have entirely new characters from a brand new continent! There will be no closure to any cliffhangers, but you will learn why "Words are Wind."

bengraven

I don't mind the book change of having Barristan die, but the production of that fight scene just made his exit rather pathetic for the world's most renowned swordsman. Same goes for the Unsullied in that scene. A group of trained fighters from birth get picked apart in an alleyway by a group of thugs with knives? I didn't buy it. Sure, they didn't have the ideal weapons for such combat and were surrounded, but at the very least a highly disciplined group like them should've made a defensive formation with their shields. Instead, they all just fight off on their own like a street brawl.

I feel whoever wrote that whole scene needed to include more subterfuge with the Sons of Harpies. Simply cornering them in an alleyway with knives doesn't seem like a good enough trap to kill off a group of Unsullied + Barristan. The trap needed to be more pronounced, such as the roof or buildings being easily collapsible on the Unsullied, or one of the Unsullied actually being a Harpy in disguise.

That scene needed at least a close up on his face as the life drains from it and some sad music. He just crumples over and it's like "black".

People have passed out in the same visual cues before.

Think I'd rather see that via Bran and his weirwood visions, so hopefully not quite this season yet. :p

Maybe...I just want it confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom