• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

The Boltons have no real support in the North outside of themselves. Indeed, Roose notes that in explaining why they want the marriage; which only calls attention to the fact that Sansa doesn't gain anything by marrying them. With the rest of the North plus the Vale, she should be able to supplant the Boltons by force.

and how would that look like?
going secretly from house to house hoping one would rise with her against the boltons?
or go to war with the army of the vale behind her?
that war would only decimate both forces. and littlefinger certainly wants all of them intact.
besides, the crown backs the boltons. so they would have to fight the crown as well, I doubt they would just stand idle while a rogue vale army is taking back the north for a stark.
if they married and ramsay died it's a whole different matter, there won't be a war the crown would need to infere with. sansa is certainly not popular there but littlefinger can more likely do something about that. not about a stark openly attacking the warden of the north, that's a completely different situation.
marrying her and making her a bolton is obviously the easiest and fastest way to give her (and littlefinger) the north.

Sean C

marrying her and making her a bolton is obviously the easiest and fastest way to give her (and littlefinger) the north.
No, it's not, and that wasn't even Littlefinger's plan. His plan, or so we're told, is for Stannis and the Boltons to fight each other until one wins (numerically, Stannis was favoured). And then Littlefinger is going to invade with the Vale forces and attack the winner (who would be in possession of Sansa). Most obviously, there's no reason to even send Sansa there prior to the battle, which just risks her for no reason.

And marrying Ramsay does not give them control, because the Boltons would never allow her any actual power or authority, nor would the Bolton men follow her. Hence, why she's immediately powerless in Winterfell and locked up in a room to be raped and tortured at will.

Moff

No, it's not, and that wasn't even Littlefinger's plan. His plan, or so we're told, is for Stannis and the Boltons to fight each other until one wins (numerically, Stannis was favoured). And then Littlefinger is going to invade with the Vale forces and attack the winner (who would be in possession of Sansa).
and then what? who will make the crown warden of the north?

Sean C

Er, nobody. Littlefinger is scheming to bring down the Crown. Once he's consolidated power over the North and the Vale, they're next on his list. All his talk with Cersei was for was to put off the breach a bit longer.

Pluto

No one. It has been established that the north gives a rat's ass about the crown or the south and even Cersei knows the north cannot be taken by force, that's something she tried to teach Joffrey back in season 1. If the north decides they want Sansa as their queen (I doubt their interested in a warden at this point ) she will be their queen and whoever is in power in King's landing can bitch and cry all day long but they won't realistically be able to change it.

Seems plausible. It'd be a lot of work to make a fake that matches the teaser-teaser, and they've gone out of their way to be provocative with the marketing this offseason. I'm not really taking it at, ummm, face value though.

That's very well done if a fake.

And consistent to that teaser poster.

Fuck me, how disappointing.

That said:
a hint that Arya will use our dead heroes and villains to torment the living when she returns to Westeros?

She'd need their faces for that to happen, so I very much doubt it.

Certainly a "teaser" if that's real, and tough to be too disappointed as they clearly labeled it a teaser and not a trailer. I think it's a pretty cool spot though.

Moff

Er, nobody. Littlefinger is scheming to bring down the Crown. Once he's consolidated power over the North and the Vale, they're next on his list. All his talk with Cersei was for was to put off the breach a bit longer.

so you think his plan is to bring down the crown by force?
that's bogus, he needs political games for that, from a safe position as warden of the east with the warden of the north as his wife.
he won't be king of westeros sitting in his northern/eastern kingdom with the rest of the realm against him. he is in king's landing at the moment, bringing these pieces into place, it won't be an open war against the realm.

Faddy

Banned
so you think his plan is to bring down the crown by force?
that's bogus, he needs political games for that, from a safe position as warden of the east with the warden of the north as his wife.
he won't be king of westeros sitting in his northern/eastern kingdom with the rest of the realm against him. he is in king's landing at the moment, bringing these pieces into place, it won't be an open war against the realm.

I think he will sit on the throne. He won't take it by force but there will be no clear heir when Tommen dies. Riots, famine, oncoming winter and ultimately his standing with the Iron Bank will see him become the defacto ruler of Westeros.

Speevy

Banned
I wish they'd reveal Littlefinger as a faceless man. It would provide such a cool explanation for how he's been leap-frogging across the world for the whole series.

Speevy

Banned
Not sure if I'd agree with impossible, but it's a lot of work if it's just a troll.

Well, they'd have to take actual, official HBO footage and expand it seamlessly so it reveals more than has ever been seen. Then they'd have to take the faces of both living and dead characters and digitally edit them into the hall. The voiceover work would be easy.

And they'd have to do all this within a few days.

I'd just like to know what the hell they're even teasing in that trailer. A bunch of people are going to die?

Why would you tease less stuff than in the past? This season is already worrying me.

Moff

I think he will sit on the throne. He won't take it by force but there will be no clear heir when Tommen dies. Riots, famine, oncoming winter and ultimately his standing with the Iron Bank will see him become the defacto ruler of Westeros.

Oh I am definitely sure that Littlefinger will sit the iron throne, or at least that's his goal.
I just don't think open war with the whole realm is something that Littlefinger would do, he is smarter than that.

Yoda

Well, they'd have to take actual, official HBO footage and expand it seamlessly so it reveals more than has ever been seen. Then they'd have to take the faces of both living and dead characters and digitally edit them into the hall. The voiceover work would be easy.

I'd just like to know what the hell they're even teasing in that trailer. A bunch of people are going to die?

Why would you tease less stuff than in the past? This season is already worrying me.

If it's legit, the message I'd say it's trying too hard to convey is that no one is safe (which I think everyone already knows). I'd agree that it's really fishy that they don't show more.

Because HBO can? They don't exactly need to show any of the new season at this point.

Speevy

Banned
Because HBO can? They don't exactly need to show any of the new season at this point.

Well, I just think about every other movie or show that's 2 months out or even previous seasons, and it's extremely frustrating.

I hope no one would defend them for this bullshit.

Well, I just think about every other movie or show that's 2 months out or even previous seasons, and it's extremely frustrating.

I hope no one would defend them for this bullshit.

I'd like to see a real trailer, but I'm not sure how it's bullshit. They're under no requirement to show footage from an upcoming season, it's just marketing.

Speevy

Banned
I'd like to see a real trailer, but I'm not sure how it's bullshit. They're under no requirement to show footage from an upcoming season, it's just marketing.

As a fan of the show, I'd like to get some idea of where they're going with it. I think that's a reasonable expectation.

If D and D were here, I'm sure they wouldn't argue with that.

And it would be nice to get a real teaser, not even a trailer. This was confusing and had no audio or video from the new season. Surely characters speaking isn't beyond them.

I would guess it would be young Ned and his sister right before she died.

Yep, which would place more emphasis on Jon's origin, which would point to the fact that he won't stay dead, which is exciting.

On a side note, I've finally decided to read the books. I read some stuff online about what's been included in the show and what hasn't, and I just can't not know all of it! My only issue is that I'm not really a fan of genre lit, so it's hard for me to stay focussed. Plus, the books are long, and I'm in grad school. I guess, with the way things are going, I'll at least have a chance to be caught up by the time George finally finishes the next book lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom