• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Severance

Why does this mean Howland Reed isn't High Sparrow?

The High Sparrow is just so.. old on the show. Too old, especially when we see a very young Howland Reed at the Tower of Joy. Or so I think anyway. Then again, the show will totally roll with it anyway if they want to.

LordCanti

Caught that too. I'm wondering if it means he "lived 1000 years of history by tree time travel"

The way he said it made me think he meant it literally. "Do you think I wanted to sit here for a thousand years as the roots grew through me" or something like that.

If this somehow turns into the Northern conspiracy, I will be shocked~

Sacrificing Rickon to get in with the Boltons before eventually fucking them over would be ice cold.

Speevy

Banned
-The Faith. Hasn't been compelling at all and has just seemed to drag.
-Dorne. Do I really need to break down the issues there?
-Dany. Boring.

The small council scene was bad as there was no progression nor did it enlighten the audience as character stances.

The small council scene was hilarious. It was yet another "No one gives a shit, Cersei." scene like they had last year with Kevan.

Everyone knows by now what Cersei does at small council meetings.

Speevy

Banned
The High Sparrow is just so.. old on the show. Too old, especially when we see a very young Howland Reed at the Tower of Joy. Or so I think anyway. Then again, the show will totally roll with it anyway if they want to.

Howland Reed is not the High Sparrow.

Jarmel

Banned
The small council scene was hilarious. It was yet another "No one gives a shit, Cersei." scene like they had last year with Kevan.

We've known this for awhile though that Kevan and the rest don't give a shit although the final shot of the two just staring off into the distance was somewhat funny.

RaidenZR

Yeah that Pycelle fart was a real knee slapper!

Grief51

Banned

The whole "Howland Reed is The High Sparrow" is just a crazy tinfoil theory anyway which almost certainly isn't true. Kinda like the "Daario is Euron" bullshit some people believe in.

Yeah, we don't know who The High Sparrow is or if his identity and backstory even is important.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
-The Faith. Hasn't been compelling at all and has just seemed to drag.
-Dorne. Do I really need to break down the issues there?
-Dany. Boring.

The small council scene was bad as there was no progression nor did it enlighten the audience as to character stances.

I'm not sure what you want out of the faith? The High Sparrow is on the road to manipulate Tommen. It was a set-up scene. (Part of the main plot, not a sub-plot)

Dorne was not in the episode. (Has not been since episode one, is mostly resolved for now, and is actually a somewhat bad subplot)

Dany was a set up scene. (Also Dany is main character...she's part of the main plot)

The small council scene was another set-up scene and a main plot point.

Dany's story is the most predictable one right now. some more wheel spinning before drogon attacks and blows everyone's mind and she expands her army.

KahooTs

Also, is #Cleganebowl just a meme or is there a chance it will actually happen?

As if Sandor fighting Robert Strong is not inevitable, people reading this series are strange.

Won't happen at Cersei's trial in the books though, but probably will in the show.

Grief51

Banned
Dorne was not in the episode. (Has not been since episode one, is mostly resolved for now, and is actually a somewhat bad subplot)
The Martells are now in open revolt and will probably send an army from the south.

Don't think we have seen the last of the dreadful Sandsnakes this season sadly.

Severance

The whole "Howland Reed is The High Sparrow" is just a crazy tinfoil theory anyway which almost certainly isn't true. Kinda like the "Daario is Euron" bullshit some people believe in.

Yeah, we don't know who The High Sparrow is or if his identity and backstory even is important.

Oh I definitely agree. I'm relieved there is no indication of it on the show. The High Sparrow is a very interesting character on his own.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not sure what you want out of the faith? The High Sparrow is on the road to manipulate Tommen. It was a set-up scene. (Part of the main plot, not a sub-plot)

Dany was a set up scene. (Also Dany is main character...she's part of the main plot)

The small council scene was another set-up scene and a main plot point.

The High Sparrow stuff has largely been a drag and been in a long ass circling pattern. Hopefully we quickly get the Cleganebowl or something of that nature. The dialogue of the High Sparrow isn't anywhere near insightful or entertaining enough to endure the large amounts we get.

What was compelling about Dany's scene? Why should I be invested in this? I'm not feeling like this is progressing Dany as a character nor her situation. Besides it's clear where they're going with it.

Everything in the small council scene was already known. Waste of time.

mackaveli

So Arya only has three people on her list?

And Sophie Turner tweeted before the premiere during the Cast plays two truths and one lie.

“Ramsay dies.”
“Lady Stoneheart returns.”
“Arya checks three people off her list.”

No way Arya kills Cersei or Ser Gregor so Stoneheart in this season?

ryseing

The Martells are now in open revolt and will probably send an army from the south.

The little birds were mentioned this episode for a reason. Kevan's time is coming, as he tries to hold KL together from a Dornish invasion a la the Faegon invasion in Dance.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The High Sparrow stuff has largely been a drag and been in a long ass circling pattern. Hopefully we quickly get the Cleganebowl or something of that nature. The dialogue of the High Sparrow isn't anywhere near insightful or entertaining enough to endure the large amounts we get.

What was compelling about Dany's scene? Why should I be invested in this? I'm not feeling like this is progressing Dany as a character nor her situation. Besides it's clear where they're going with it.

The High Sparrow stuff is a longer arc, give it time, you have to build it up first, you can't have things happen just to happen. The dialogue is not important, it's the clues that suggest the manipulating that the High Sparrow is doing.

What's compelling about Dany's scene? She's captured, and has no way to defend herself, none and she's the mother of dragons. She's alone for the first time in the show, we may get character development next episode since she's finally at her location for the season. It may be predictable, but it is not always about 'what's going to happen next', but about 'how it happened'

The small council was about the re-introduction of characters for this season in King's Landing.

rando14

The High Sparrow stuff is a longer arc, give it time, you have to build it up first, you can't have things happen just to happen. The dialogue is not important, it's the clues that suggest the manipulating that the High Sparrow is doing.

What's compelling about Dany's scene? She's captured, and has no way to defend herself, none and she's the mother of dragons. She's alone for the first time in the show, we may get character development next episode since she's finally at her location for the season. It may be predictable, but it is not always about 'what's going to happen next', but about 'how it happened'

The small council was about the re-introduction of characters for this season in King's Landing.

Jarmel freaking out because huge events haven't happened yet

Bruh it's episode 3, we got so much season left to go

devilhawk

The hell? You knew Lady Olenna was in town? Or are you just making up shitty and baseless complaints?

Grief51

Banned
The little birds were mentioned this episode for a reason. Kevan's time is coming, as he tries to hold KL together from a Dornish invasion a la the Faegon invasion in Dance.

I wonder if Qyburn will murder Kevan like Vary's does as spymaster in the books or if things play out differently in the show.

Sean C

Or, he's R'hllor in the flesh (think about it, can be anywhere anytime, knows everything, and is capable of doing pretty much anything)
Except knowing that Ramsay is insane.

Do you reckon the gate where Sansa is arriving is the place where the Mormonts live?
No, that'll be her getting to Castle Black, which is where she was headed last we heard.

So Arya only has three people on her list?

And Sophie Turner tweeted before the premiere during the Cast plays two truths and one lie.

“Ramsay dies.”
“Lady Stoneheart returns.”
“Arya checks three people off her list.”

No way Arya kills Cersei or Ser Gregor so Stoneheart in this season?

If it means I'm general and not by Arya's hand I can see Gregor, Frey and the training girl dying. So that would be 3.

mackaveli

If it means I'm general and not by Arya's hand I can see Gregor, Frey and the training girl dying. So that would be 3.

That's true. Perhaps that is what happens.

Here's Arya's 2 truths and 1 lie is

“Arya goes to Westeros, back over the sea.”
“Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realized, because they don’t realize it’s her.”
“Arya doesn’t cross any more names off her list.”

So perhaps Arya doesn't cross anyone off her list which is true. and then i believe that Arya does go back to Westeros and Arya is in the trailer more part false perhaps.

I thought that was a pretty weak episode. Everything felt...trivial. And again Ramsay falls into good luck. Perhaps this is all an elaborate ruse of course, and the Umbers are setting up the Boltons for a major betrayal...we'll see. The only thing that makes me think it's not a ruse is the direwolf head. Seems very hard to fake that. But still...what motive would the Umbers have to betray the Starks? Even if it's about the wildlings, surely using Rickon to rally the north and negotiate with Jon makes more sense than giving the boy to the Boltons.

I liked the fight choreography in the TOJ...that was about it.

Except the Martells are all dead!

Dorne ruled by the Sand Snakes, what a joke

Decent episode. Jon executing the traitors as Lord Commander and then turning in his cloak seemed a bit like having his cake and eating it too. Shouldn't his watch have ended when he died?

The Rickon stuff... it irked me that they killed off Shaggydog just because the show seems so averse to anything involving the direwolves and any of the Stark kids warging abilities. I really hope the Umbers turning RIckon over is all part of some elaborate Great Northern Conspiracy somehow but that seems too complicated for the show. Instead we'll probably get Ramsay raping and flaying Osha then torturing RIckon some before setting him in a cage with flayed Osha pelt a la Mance and his spear wives in the books. Then they'll just have him do the show equivalent of the Pink Letter to get their big showdown with Jon.

Remain pretty disappointed with Jaime. It seems pretty apparent they don't know what to do with him and as a character his development has gone completely stagnant. He has such a great arc in the books yet here he's completely regressed ever since he got back to King's Landing.

Jarmel freaking out because huge events haven't happened yet

Bruh it's episode 3, we got so much season left to go

Exactly, I don't understand half the reactions on this thread. This season has had more happen in its first three episodes than any since Season 1 and arguably Season 4.

Grief51

Banned
Exactly, I don't understand half the reactions on this thread. This season has had more happen in its first three episodes than any since Season 1 and arguably Season 4.

I think part of it is because we no longer know where the show is going with the Dany storyline.
Since we are now past the books, it is impossible to know if Dany being brougth to Vaes Dothrak will have a satisfying payoff or just be a giant waste of time,

Had a rewatch of the Umber scene.

I definitely feel they are playing Ramsey. They made a point of not acknowledging him as Warden of the North and not swearing fealty.

The wolfs head seems far, far too small to be that of a direwolf. Perchance it is another, younger dire wolf - the umbers are close to the wall and thus may have come across some.

I also don't see why the Umbers would be scared of the wildlings. They seem to have come in peace and i think they'd be calmly camping.

Osha is there to protect Rickon, if they wanted to betray the Starks the Umbers would have had no problem killing Osha. I think we'll see the Winterfell murders, Osha conducting them.

Vyer

I had so many 'fuck yeah!' moments this episode.

Last two have been great. So awesome to see things move by forward like they are.

I definitely feel they are playing Ramsey. They made a point of not acknowledging him as Warden of the North and not swearing fealty.

The wolfs head seems far, far too small to be that of a direwolf. Perchance it is another, younger dire wolf - the umbers are close to the wall and thus may have come across some.

I also don't see why the Umbers would be scared of the wildlings. They seem to have come in peace and i think they'd be calmly camping.

Osha is there to protect Rickon, if they wanted to betray the Starks the Umbers would have had no problem killing Osha. I think we'll see the Winterfell murders, Osha conducting them.

I'd like this a lot. Anything to get in Ramsay's head and provoke some paranoia about maintaining his position.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

I like this. I like this a lot.

mantidor

Leak talks are now bannable, given how prevalent they are.

But that wasn't a leak, it was supposed spoilers from an extra, are those bannable too?

I would love this, but I don't see why would they put Rickon at such a huge risk.

Matsukaze

I really want this to be true. Ramsay needs to be humiliated before he dies, and watching his ego slowly collapse under the weight of his men turning up dead would be nice.

I figure if they go this route, there will be a scene where Ramsay goes to the kennel and all the hounds will be killed, sort of an additional way to erode his composure.

Now that the main focus of the show has shifted away from King's Landing and into some nebulous "greater evil" thing, every plot feels like a subplot.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Okay episode. It moved at a decent clip.

ToJ is par for the course for this show. Choreograph was okay, but Dayne with that dual-wielding BS. Barf.

I like this a lot... but couldn't they pull that con off with a faux Rickon? Unless, Karstark has seen the kid before... they could've used another farm boy.

LordCanti

I would love this, but I don't see why would they put Rickon at such a huge risk.

This is why it's not a ploy. I'd love for it to be, but it really has all the hallmarks of Rickon and Osha being cast off the island.

Mildly annoying, but bloodraven being in the tree for "one thousand years?" Come on man

The thousand year line probably means it's not Bloodraven at all (on the show).

I guess they just didn't want to have to explain who he was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom