• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

There isn't any need for them to hide Gregor's identity in the show since they never proclaim him dead like in the books. It's just another part of Dorne storyline that was removed.

I mean at this point everyone seems to know anyway, when the inevitable show down occurs of the trial I'm guessing his helm will be knocked off and we'll see the gruesome face as it really is. I wonder what happens at that point, it'll be wild.

Like how do you take some undead freak as your champion and expect to be released from sin once exposed?

sadblob

Couldn't comment til now. I mostly liked the episode, flashback was cool (that break though), Jon was cool, Varys was cool.

What I didn't like so much: Shaggy :(, Tommen, Daenerys (where is her dragon?).
EDIT: and Arya, but mostly because I don't dig assassin's training and all that stuff.

Cleganebowl Confirmed.

dubq

I mean at this point everyone seems to know anyway, when the inevitable show down occurs of the trial I'm guessing his helm will be knocked off and we'll see the gruesome face as it really is. I wonder what happens at that point, it'll be wild.

Like how do you take some undead freak as your champion and expect to be released from sin once exposed?

Do we know if the Mountain is/was technically dead? I thought Qyburn just transformed him into a venomed-up super soldier (a la Bane in the Batman comics) rather than fully resurrect a dead corpse.

Jetman

Looked a few pages back and didn't see it mentioned, and no one I talked to at work heard it, but did anyone else hear Pycelle shit his pants/shart when Robert Strong/Cersei/Jamie walked into the council?
There was definitely a high pitched 'poot' going on there.

I fully expect to hear it now whenever Pycelle enters or leaves any given scene. Character ruined.

HAWDOKEN

Does anyone think that the Umber/Ramsay segment was a call back to some of the Daavos/Manderly stuff from the book?

The wolf head could be calling back to Daavos's "beheading" in White Harbor to appease the Freys.

Maybe I'm just wishing this is the case.

dubq

Oh, boy. This was mostly bad. Why openly name Robert Strong as Ser Gregor?

I'm not sure of your issue here. The "bring us the Mountain's skull" plot from Book-Dorne is non-existent in the show. Everyone in Show-KL knew that Qyburn was trying to "save" the Mountain after he was poisoned by Oberyn's spear.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't know why you guys are caring about Howland's height when Jojen was also a lot taller in the show than the books. It's not important.

studyguy

Do we know if the Mountain is/was technically dead? I thought Qyburn just transformed him into a venomed-up super soldier (a la Bane in the Batman comics) rather than fully resurrect a dead corpse.

True, but all the same I doubt the High Sparrow and crew would give medieval Bane a thumbs up lol. Either way, it's gonna be good. I expect his face to look like that girl from Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

SteveWD40

In the books he does not eat, drink or use the "privvy", nor does he sleep, so yeah, I assume he was dead.

Turin

Banned
Book Ned never actually lost a fight that we saw, and the only one we know of that he was losing was against Dayne. He downplayed his abilities but even Barristan respected them.

I don't recall Barristan commenting on Ned's fighting abilities in the books but GRRM himself said that Ned wasn't a very impressive fighter but an excellent commander(he said this when asked a "who would win" between Eddard and Boromir. He also thinks Jaime would beat Aragorn).

I like Ned as a scrappy badass though.

Bakkus

Tommen saying 'I am the king' is pretty much a confirmation we're gonna sooner or later see Joffrey wibes from him.

Surfinn

Tommen saying 'I am the king' is pretty much a confirmation we're gonna sooner or later see Joffrey wibes from him.

Nah. Tommen pretty much says it to help him make decisions (I'm the king.. so I can do this! Right?) whereas Joffery said it out of pure power abuse (you'd better or else).

Tommen doesn't have it in him. He's not that kind of person. He might find the strength to be a better king in the future, but he'll never be the monster that came before him or even tread in that territory.

mantidor

Jeoffrey and Tommen are opposite sides but they are the same coin, as Tywin said before whomever has to say "I'm the king" is no king at all.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I hope the conspiracy against the Bolton in books happens, just altered: Jon sends Davos to White Harbor to ask the Manderlys for help to take Winterfell. The scene with Wylla plays out with Wyman publically supports the Boltons and fake kills Davos only to secretly send Davos to Winterfell to rescue Rickon.

I want Wyman Manderly to be played by the slimiest looking motherfucker there is to make the non book audience feel like Davos/Sansa/whoever is so fucked before he gives dat speech. I need that to be the defining moment of the Stark comeback.

studyguy

Wyman was cast right?
I recall hearing rumors or something about some casting going out that hinted it might be him but I don't remember anything specific. I hope he is, that dude is cool as fuck.

I just had an odd thought. What if all this faith talk convinces Tommen to take up the sword in defense of Margery at her trial? I don't think Loras can actually fight for her, since he's to be judged for his own sins as well.

studyguy

I just had an odd thought. What if all this faith talk convinces Tommen to take up the sword in defense of Margery at her trial? I don't think Loras can actually fight for her, since he's to be judged for his own sins as well.

Then fukkin RIP Tommen. I don't think he'd have the balls for it, but I definitely think he'd get taken for a spin by the Sparrow into being convinced the sham trial is good and just.

Also read elsewhere that Small Jon's contempt for Ramsey is reflected in the initial contempt his father showed for Robb. Thing was Robb called the bluff and they became fast friends. None of that happened with Ramsey... I mean could it be something?

Probably not, fucking Shaggydog nooooooooo

He could ask for Robert Strong to be the champion I suppose. Hell, have him deal with both trials at once!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I hope the Small Jon is lying about the Great Jon being dead. I'd love to see Clive Mantle come back as the Umbers turn on the Boltons and cut Ramsey in two with his Great Axe.

Looked a few pages back and didn't see it mentioned, and no one I talked to at work heard it, but did anyone else hear Pycelle shit his pants/shart when Robert Strong/Cersei/Jamie walked into the council?

I fully expect to hear it now whenever Pycelle enters or leaves any given scene. Character ruined.

Only reason I caught it was because I had CC enabled and it came up as "passes gas" or something like that. Was pretty funny.

Next time Pycelle sees Robert Strong we need the book scene to happen where he pisses all over the place.

Moff

whats the point of making her an assassin then -___-

that's a brilliant question, I already asked that earlier but I don't see her training being of any use without the 5 year gap. or are we supposed to believe she will be a capable assassin after a few weeks/months? that's a problem in both the show and the books.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Got this from somewhere. Interesting theory.

''Bran realizes that others can hear him during the visions from the past, but doesn't understand that they cannot fully understand him.
He attempts to reason with King Aerys when shown a vision of him.
The King only hears whispers, and is driven mad by it.
Bran tries to fix this, however makes it worse.
Mad King Aerys burns Bran's grandfather alive while Bran frantically tries to stop him.
All he hears is whispers.
Bran sets the events of the show in motion.'

that's a brilliant question, I already asked that earlier but I don't see her training being of any use without the 5 year gap. or are we supposed to believe she will be a capable assassin after a few weeks/months? that's a problem in both the show and the books.

Arya got her eyes pretty fast.....in like less than a week, now she is daredevil cuz she blocked a front hit and nearly a full jedi, still her plot is pretty boring right now

I still don't know what they're going to do with Jaime. His character development has been halted since the end of season 4, heck, it's been regressed. They were building up the whole Jaime/Cersei rift, only for him to revert to being her glorified bodyguard in this episode.

If he's going to the Riverlands, I hope we see him get back on the road to being book Jaime.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Personally I like his design, although he could be a bit creepier with black holes as eyes.

I really don't like that we can see his eyes through his helmet. It should just be a black void or something because it kind of looks cheap as is.

From what we know, yes. That is why they are used sparingly.

More expensive than dragons? Surely not...

That would be ♪ ♫ amazing ♪ ♫

Got this from somewhere. Interesting theory.

''Bran realizes that others can hear him during the visions from the past, but doesn't understand that they cannot fully understand him.
He attempts to reason with King Aerys when shown a vision of him.
The King only hears whispers, and is driven mad by it.
Bran tries to fix this, however makes it worse.
Mad King Aerys burns Bran's grandfather alive while Bran frantically tries to stop him.
All he hears is whispers.
Bran sets the events of the show in motion.'

Please no. I am sick of this stable time loop bullshit.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Probably just as expensive. Maybe even more, since dragons don't have a pelt that needs to be realistically simulated.

1IYohrY.jpg

its like $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom