• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this from somewhere. Interesting theory.

''Bran realizes that others can hear him during the visions from the past, but doesn't understand that they cannot fully understand him.
He attempts to reason with King Aerys when shown a vision of him.
The King only hears whispers, and is driven mad by it.
Bran tries to fix this, however makes it worse.
Mad King Aerys burns Bran's grandfather alive while Bran frantically tries to stop him.
All he hears is whispers.
Bran sets the events of the show in motion.'

1268709059142.jpg

Moff

''Bran realizes that others can hear him during the visions from the past, but doesn't understand that they cannot fully understand him.
Mad King Aerys burns Bran's grandfather alive while Bran frantically tries to stop him.

in the far future when bran has become the nights king, he realizes he messed up everything and asks bloodrave in tears "we need to go back!"

suzu

The dire wolves are actual real live animals. They just CG them to look bigger. I'm sure the show just doesn't feel like dealing with them too much. Kinda like Ser Pounce. Which is a damn shame.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The more I think about it the more pissed I am at the North shenanigans, they purposefully dumb down everyone around Ramsay so he can get his way. There is no way Osha didn't see what was coming, she saved the Stark kids, twice, she even sent hounds in the wrong trail, she was damn good at reading the situation and surviving, and now you are telling me she did not see Smalljon coming?

It would be cool if we got a flashback showing what happened, but it would probably have to be without Rickon since the actor is way older than he was when we last saw him, unless they wanted to use a body double.

jdstorm

Banned
in the far future when bran has become the nights king, he realizes he messed up everything and asks bloodrave in tears "we need to go back!"

Just as long as we don't have an episode dedicated to finding out how Bran got his tattoo

The dire wolves are actual real live animals. They just CG them to look bigger. I'm sure the show just doesn't feel like dealing with them too much. Kinda like Ser Pounce. Which is a damn shame.

Yeah, you're right, they used a real wolf for Ghost back in season 4 as well. I honestly thought they'd switched to all-CG wolves by now.

Guess the reason we don't see 'em too often is because they're wolves. Like you say, the show probably doesn't feel like dealing with real life wolves all the time.

I just had an odd thought. What if all this faith talk convinces Tommen to take up the sword in defense of Margery at her trial? I don't think Loras can actually fight for her, since he's to be judged for his own sins as well.

This needs to happen. But would cheat us out of Cleganebowl, so...no.

edit: wait, nope. Different trials. Carry on.

Jetman

Only reason I caught it was because I had CC enabled and it came up as "passes gas" or something like that. Was pretty funny.

Hahaha! That's amazing! So I wasn't hearing things. Surprised it was that important when typing out the CC for this show : 'Don't miss that fart, Johnson! The audience needs to hear that happen!'

Ratrat

No. Its dumb.

So that episode was pretty good. Each episode so far has been better than the last, so let's hope they keep it up. However...

How-FUCKING-ever.

What in Seven Hells was that ToJ fight? That was absolutely horrendous.Some prequel era bullshit sword fighting right there.

Also, Olly's face when Jon looks at him was fucking hilarious- so that sort of evened it out.

bitbydeath

Bran wakes up in a cold sweat and realises it was all just a dream.

Show is moving at a fever pace now, and I love it. Episode 1 was definitely weaker, but I feel like with GOT premiere's you almost have to treat Ep 1 & 2 as a two-parter premiere.

They have no choice now I think. Season 4 and especially 5 dragged due to the slim chance GRRM managed to get book 6 out in time. But its not happening now, nor is book 7 coming anytime soon either, so it looks like D&D decided "fuck it" and are getting every non-essential storyline out of the way for the White Walker War that I'm sure will cover all of season 7.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's apparent they're going to do something big with the Bran arc, and Ned seemingly being able to hear or sense him is just the tip of the iceberg.

Speevy

Banned
If he sits a horse I riot.

There are very few actors who are actually too fat to sit a horse.

Also, Wyman is just a rumor. I don't think he's on the show.

On top of that, I think that the whole point of this little conflict they've got brewing is that Ramsay has the bigger northern houses, while Jon gets all the smaller ones.

I haven't read too many ToJ theories, because I don't want to be desensitized to the actual reveal... But does anyone believe
Lyanna gives birth to twins... Jon and Daenerys... Is that a common theory?

Gigglepoo

I haven't read too many ToJ theories, because I don't want to be desensitized to the actual reveal... But does anyone believe

I think
Jon is older than Dany
so it wouldn't really work.

Speevy

Banned

Dany is Jon's aunt or second cousin or something, though.

suzu

Pretty sure Jon is older than Dany in the books. :p

Hopeford

I kind of want a cartoonish end to the trial by champion where Zombie Strong wins, but then just as he wins his helmet falls off and someone goes "Bullshit! It was a fight to the death and he's been dead all along! Therefore, he lost already!" and someone goes like "Yup. Seems legit." And they make Cersei lose despite technically winning the trial.

suzu

Also, the other thread is going to lap us.

Get to work Speevy.

Edit: For real though, the show only folks are finally getting into those theories which book ppl have talked about a billion times over. I noticed some ppl bringing up R+L=J and Cleganebowl over there (with those exact phrases too). lol

Gigglepoo

Anyone else bummed that Jon isn't changed at all? Kind of undermines "the cost of resurrection" if there's no price.

Get to work Speevy.

Edit: For real though, the show only folks are finally getting into those theories which book ppl have talked about a billion times over. I noticed some ppl bringing up R+L=J and Cleganebowl over there (with those exact phrases too). lol

A lot of people over there have been digging into wikis. There's no such thing as spoiler free anymore. We've all been tainted.

mantidor

Get to work Speevy.

It's definitely book spoilers tricking down, the show hasn't been that big with the rebellion and those events since season 1, and even then it was really small hints.

Turin

Banned
So where do people think Jon is heading?

I'm hoping he's still at Castle Black when Sansa shows up(apparently).

I'm not sure what he does exactly between now and the battle against Ramsay. Just travel around with Davos while the Onion Knight talks houses into backing Jon and Sansa?

Massa

It's definitely book spoilers tricking down, the show hasn't been that big with the rebellion and those events since season 1, and even then it was really small hints.

There are features on the BD releases that go into some of those things, but yeah I'd assume it's mostly wiki reading.

Kozak

Banned
I'm hoping he's still at Castle Black when Sansa shows up(apparently).

I'm not sure what he does exactly between now and the battle against Ramsay. Just travel around with Davos while the Onion Knight talks houses into backing Jon and Sansa?

He better be at Castle Black.

It would drive the story forward. Sansa gets to Castle Black, reveals all to Jon, Jon rides to grab his father's home back.

I'm hoping Jon doesn't take too kindly the news of what's been happening in Westeros and the destruction of his family. Fingers crossed.

Ishan

okay who is jorah fighting
in the trailer for episode 4? Its just a couple of seconds I cant quite make out.
might be daario?

jerry113

Banned
Why did Ned bring 6 lords with him to confront the Kingsguard stationed at the Tower of Joy? Why not a few dozen more or a hundred?

Kozak

Banned
okay who is jorah fighting
in the trailer for episode 4? Its just a couple of seconds I cant quite make out.
might be daario?

you know its gonna be some Dothraki guards as they sneak in and slip Dany out into the night...

...and then they cut to them back in Mereen

Why did Ned bring 6 lords with him to confront the Kingsguard stationed at the Tower of Joy? Why not a few dozen more or a hundred?

Quicker travel. Plus when they set off, they wouldn't have been going to the tower of joy, they were just exploring and looking for leads.

Get to work Speevy.

So today at lunch a show-only coworker (he just thinks it's a well-acted show with interesting characters, he doesn't care about about fantasy stuff or anything) asked me about two theories he came up with on his own: that Tyrion is really a Targ, and the Mad King is Jon's real dad.

So today at lunch a show-only coworker (he just thinks it's a well-acted show with interesting characters, he doesn't care about about fantasy stuff or anything) asked me about two theories he came up with on his own: that Tyrion is really a Targ, and the Mad King is Jon's real dad.

I dunno why this bothers me but it does. Like if some show only dude came up to me talking about Jojen paste.

Tower of Joy scene was stupid as hell. Should have just had Dayne cut through the northern lords like swine with a greatsword only to get taken out by a poison arrow before he could do the same to Ned. The fact the Sand Snakes could win over every Dawnish house like that was also terrible.

Other than that I enjoyed the episode. Really hope baller Umber is part of a northern conspiracy and Osha had to take Shaggy Dog down because Shaggy Dog is a rite cunt.

Edit: Also Blood Raven looks so fucking lame. Why not spend some of the budget on making him look like he's an ancient entity fused with the roots of a tree rather than have him just be an old guy who's say in a bunch of branches for centuries? Especially given that they've gone out of the way to make the Children of the Forest look like some sci-fi channel bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom