• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this show have against the direwolves

After this episode I had to go hug my mini-dire wolf.

UmsDpEf.jpg

carlsojo

Oh yeah those Arya scenes are terrible and getting repetitive. Arya gets beat up, makes angry face, fake jesus shows up, then some bullshit happens.

At first I thought LF was going to rescue Sansa with the knights but after making them meet like this I'm almost expecting for him to betray her and take that deal he made with Cersei last season.

Wildlings+Tully+Manderly+smaller houses defeat Boltons and LF swoops in after the battle to reap the rewards. I'm actually thinking Sansa dying isn't entirely impossible this season.

Chase17

It's because both Gemma Whelan and especially Alfie Allen are better actors than Pilou Asbaek.

The Hodor thing was a beautiful scene. You guys are crazy.

I also liked Dany's scene, which is saying something because I always dread her scenes.

The worst part for me was the play.

You are right that it may be the actors. Also the whole admitting to killing Balon to for the good of the ironborn didn't really work for me. Also his first act being to go kill his nephew and niece was kind of funny (although probably not out of character).

Forgot about the play. That went on several minutes too long.

Summer's death = winter has come

Speculation Below

Bran will carry the mark to the wall/beyond the wall allowing the White Walter army to go south. Summer's death is really the beginning of winter.

puebla

That was the second most emotional ending next to the red wedding for me. I'm left really confused by Bran now though. It's like he can affect future and past. Also 5 episodes in, and this might already be the best season.

Also, I feel like Sansa is gonna go this season :/

I laughed.

Anyway yeah I can't believe they fucked up Euron so badly. Actually I can believe it, they combined a clever, cunning character with a big idiot and their result is a ???
shotout to littlefinger being ruined as well for not knowing Ramsay was sadistic

SArcher

Banned
Wasn't the seventh novel once titled A Time for Wolves? Really hope the direwolves won't get jobbed in the books like they have been this season.

Sheroking

Lol. I feel like those who hate that last scene are just trying to hate it.

I think it exposes some cynicism, yes.

The "Hold the Door" to Hodor transition is a little out there, but if the effects of the warging are giving Hodor brain damage, I don't think it's an unreasonable suggestion on the shows part.

News Bot

Banned
No wonder the Children needed the White Walkers. They went down like chumps.

Well part of their mythology is that they're shitty combatants and don't have very high fecundity compared to humans, and thus got slaughtered. So... yeah, they were weak.

It's not unlike the Aen Seidhe in The Witcher series, except the Children are even shittier in combat. They're small and comparatively weak.

Tabris

I don't know what to say. The boy twitching looked ridiculous and the whole thing went into the other end of the spectrum for me: it was kinda funny.

I enjoyed the episode though. I like that things seems to be moving.

Have you never seen someone with epilepsy? It was pretty accurate. Good acting by the kid. But it's interesting you find an epileptic seizure twitching funny.

Rixxan

really glad i dont share the sensibilities with those who found the ending funny

guessing they are on the younger side

great reveal, great ending

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Does anyone have a link to the old hold the door theory? I need to reread that shit, because Jesus Christ

Loved the scene. Felt really emotional, too. Poor Walder :(

STOP MURDERING THE WOLVES

Jayof9s

Wow. Summer and Hodor within a few minutes. I guess they had to counteract the happy feelings of a Stark reunion this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom