• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

really glad i dont share the sensibilities with those who found the ending funny

guessing they are on the younger side

great reveal, great ending

Agreed. I'll take it a step further and say there's something wrong with you if you found it funny.

jett

D-Member
So Bran warged into young Wylis, and somehow this allowed him to control old Hodor. And because of one-timeline shenanigans, Wylis turned into Hodor years ago.

This whole time travel business really pisses me off.

From the other thread. I have to admit I didn't realize he actually warged into young Hodor. That's kind of fucked up.

Have you never seen someone with epilepsy? It was pretty accurate. Good acting by the kid. But it's interesting you find an epileptic seizure twitching funny.

So that's what you're going with huh?

Apt101

They tried really hard to make me cry. Great episode. It's my favorite this season, easily.

I remember reading The World of Ice and Fire one morning and thinking, what if history was so lost and twisted over the years that the entire story is on its head and the Children are actually the ultimate villains? Now that that is sort of true (one could argue man is actually to blame, ultimately), it makes me wonder about Stygai and Asshai. They say the world began there. Fascinating to think of the possibilities, and what The Shadow Lands and whatever catastrophe occurred there has to do with the Valyrians and dragons.

Have you never seen someone with epilepsy? It was pretty accurate. Good acting by the kid. But it's interesting you find an epileptic seizure twitching funny.

Wow, talk about putting words in someone's mouth.

Yea that was really great; the Bran stuff is intriguing to me and I hope they continue to nail it.

And the COTF creating the WW's was not as big a surprise as I expected. I always had a feeling they had something to do with it, or were connected.

I like how the White Walkers are basically the Scourge from Warcraft now. Ice zombies created to fight a war by proxy that grow too powerful and turn on their creator.

ryseing

Oh wow.

I am so far removed from some of you. I thought this was perhaps one of the best GOT scenes yet. It must be so exhausting not to find joy in this story but still watch it?

I've enjoyed this season thus far but this episode jumped the shark (or kraken). No Iron Islands subtlety, return of the shitty Jason and the Argonauts skeletons, and fucking hold the door. Sansa lying to Jon just seemed to be there to add some pointless drama. Awful episode.

ruxtpin

Banned
So I know LSH isn't supposed to show up, but as soon as Brienne split for Riverun I had thoughts that we'd see her run into LSH alone and she gets offed. Then we get the LSH reveal and everyone flips their shit, cuz we all saw Jon coming back anyway.

I just realized that this White Walker revelation, if its indeed the same as in the books, means that they really just generic baddies out to murder everyone.

Way to be a hypocrite, GRRM.

Speevy

Banned
I've enjoyed this season thus far but this episode jumped the shark. No Iron Islands subtlety, return of the shitty Jason and the Argonauts skeletons, and fucking hold the door. Sansa lying to Jon just seemed to be there to add some pointless drama. Awful episode.

There's never been anything subtle about the iron islanders. These people pride themselves on raping and pillaging everything.

The effects were awesome.

Sansa lied to Jon because if she hadn't, Jon would have tried to enlist the Vale. I wouldn't have told him either. Littlefinger is a scumbag.

Apt101

I've enjoyed this season thus far but this episode jumped the shark (or kraken). No Iron Islands subtlety, return of the shitty Jason and the Argonauts skeletons, and fucking hold the door. Sansa lying to Jon just seemed to be there to add some pointless drama. Awful episode.

Sansa lying to Jon was to show she's becoming cunning like Petyr Baelish.

X-Frame

I don't understand how the direwolves haven't gotten bigger in like 3 seasons.

Shouldn't they be tremendous right now? I want Ghost to be as big as a horse, that is how big I remember their mother being in the first episode.

Euron

Was. Was a character in this show.

Jon and company left. No more scenes for poor Edd until somebody important shows up at the wall.

I think he's going to die and the wall is going to come down soon. All the major characters (besides Edd) have left the wall :(
He'll probably be our POV character for when the wall inevitably falls and he'll go out with the greatest of one liners.

I just realized that this White Walker revelation, if its indeed the same as in the books, means that they really just generic baddies out to murder everyone.

I'm hoping there's amore to it in the books. Hopefully they just dumbed it down for the show, like a lot of other stuff.

The drowning scene with Euron kind of bothered me. I always assumed the drown men were resuscitated using some ancient form of CPR that was passed on through the clergy men.

Like what is described here:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Drowned_Men

Yeah in the books they use some kind of cpr. In the show they just let them drown and then hope for the best.

Speevy

Banned

I don't think they're baddies at all. They do need to be destroyed however, which is different from the peace pact ending some were imagining.

jett

D-Member

It's going to be really disappointing if they're just mindless drones in the books as well. Like really disappointing.

Speevy

Banned
I don't understand how the direwolves haven't gotten bigger in like 3 seasons.

Shouldn't they be tremendous right now? I want Ghost to be as big as a horse, that is how big I remember their mother being in the first episode.

Little Sam just celebrated his first birthday after 4 years on the show. Give it time.

Massa

I'm hoping there's amore to it in the books. Hopefully they just dumbed it down for the show, like a lot of other stuff.

They didn't "dumb it down" in the show. They actually made a point to show that the White Walkers were created from men, and the Inside the Episode hints that the humanity in them is going to come into play.

Theon/Daenarys marriage when?????

Yeah, I'm seeing people compare it to Mass Effect lol. Seriously disappointed.

jaekeem

It's not proven that they're mindless drones yet.

All we know is the COTF created them as a weapon.

Maybe over time their human nature won through, and they broke free from COTF control, and now they just want to colonize a large part of the north. There's plenty of time left in the tv series to flesh them out. Don't lose hope.

All we really know now is how and why they were created. They still might have compelling motivation for turning on the cotf.

clemenx

Banned
Just something that came up in my mind but where is Jojen in the series? I don't remember at all what happened with him. Is he Jojen paste as well? :p

Speevy

Banned
Preview

Margaery doesn't seem too happy to be there, but I know the drama with the sparrows is far from over. I wonder who turns on the crown.

Neifirst

Are those Night's King lieutenants important in some way? It seems like that same one keeps getting shattered in various places.

And was that man stabbed by the children turned into the King or was just the first white walker?

We are now at 3 kingdoms with large groups of people totally OK with being ruled by kinslayers lol

Roose Bolton was poisoned by his enemies though. Any rumours about his son, Lord Ramsay Bolton, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North relating to Lord Bolton's untimely demised are malicious and without merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom