• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding the love for this episode

I don't understand what Bran was doing

There's no reason Hodor had to die, they could have ran but no, Bran had to watch some old home movies

Well you see by Hodor holding the door for an extra few seconds the really fast moving undead guys will never catch a girl dragging some guy.

cLOUDo

Also Fuck Brienne for criticizing Davos for Change Stannis to Jon
she swore loyalty Renly, after to catelyn, after to Jaime and now Sansa

to me she is the worse characters in the show right now

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Deaths so far:

Episode 1: Prince Doran, Areo Hotah, Trystane
Episode 2: Roose, Walda, Balon
Episode 3: Allister Thorne, Ollie, Shaggydog
Episode 4: Osha
Episdoe 5: Summer, Bloodraven, Leaf, Hodor

Dorne, Winterfell, The Wall, and Beyond the Wall have all been massively purged this season. The King's Landing and Meereen sections have been relatively untouched thus far so I think we're going to see a whole lot more deaths in those regions in the coming episodes. There's also The Riverlands and Iron Islands but those stories are just getting started so I'm not expecting any cullings in those regions for a little while longer.

carlsojo

Anyway, where are Yarrrra (lol get it she's a pirate) and Theon going? Are they going to team up with Daeny and beat Euron to the punch?

Chase17

I'm in on Bran being the cause of the Mad King going mad and repeating "Burn them all".

As well as going into tyrion's head and making him repeat the thought of "where do whores go?"

KahooTs

Also Fuck Brienne for criticizing Davos for Change Stannis to Jon
she swore loyalty Renly, after to catelyn, after to Jaime and now Sansa

to me she is the worse characters in the show right now

Yes, one of them needed to start, "wait a minute bitch, didn't you . . . "

Geist-

I can believe that everything having to do with Hodor is real and will happen in the books. But there is no way I can believe that GRRM would write Bran(and by extension his mentor) as that fucking stupid. It felt like a super rushed way to move Bran's plot along and now D&D have character assassinated 2 interesting characters. Also what a dumb way to kill off another Direwolf.

Other than that, everything else in the episode is good. Hodors origin and end in particular were fitting.

From 2008:

WwNirj3.png

Saya

Anyway, where are Yarrrra (lol get it she's a pirate) and Theon going? Are they going to team up with Daeny and beat Euron to the punch?

Yeah, I guess they'll team up with Dany, invade Westeros, prove their worth, and later one of them will be crowned King of the Iron Islands.

Sheroking

From one of the trailers: There's a scene where Yara is almost-making out with a prostitute from volantis. So they go to Volantis, probably.

jett

D-Member
Well. It's simplified in the show to be sure.

There's all that lore about the Stark fucking a female walker (god) to become the Night's King. This was after they had been beaten back the first time.

The show just states that the children of the forest created the Night's King.

Underwhelming, and I hope a simplification of the whole thing.

Well D&D have just borrowed the NK name and created their own character. Obviously this NK bares no relation to the one in the book.

Which is definitely lame, since the lore behind the Night's King is what made him interesting. This guy in the show has no real lore.

Severance

The Kingsmoot was soooo watered down. Forgive the pun. I was hoping for the dragon horn at least. Euron had the potential to be so awesome on TV and hes just kind of an average dude. Now Yara and Theon are on the run with the ironborn fleet. I'd guess they're going to find Dany, perhaps? Maybe they even run into Faegon or take over his story and helm the Golden Company. Or I could be totally wrong, I'm guessing their goal will be to undermine Euron and attempt to conquer Westoros themselves.

Also.. Its interesting Brienne is going to Riverrun. Now we just need Jaime to go Riverrun and.. No. I don't want to get my hopes up. But it could happen!!!

Madness

One thing I'm still confused about. Why would knowing about the tower of joy help bran?

For the same reason Bloodraven and Bran go back to Warging after he just said they are coming for you, you have to leave immediately. It is poor storytelling due to a condensed format.

For all the people who always mention how quick people travel. It took Bran seasons to reach the Tree. It took the White Walkers seasons to reach the Fist and Crasters Keep and Hardhome but they can reach the tree cave in a day or what.

I was a show watcher first but really disappointed that due to limited time stories and characters are being messed up. 2 years of seeing Arya get beat and hearing a girl is no one for what.

He knows where we are! He's coming now! You have to leave! But hey actually lets go into the tree internet one more time real quick I bet he's at least a half hour away

WillyFive

He knows where we are! He's coming now! You have to leave! But hey actually lets go into the tree internet one more time real quick I bet he's at least a half hour away

He probably taught him something there. We'll have to wait until a later episode to find out what it was.

Saya

For all the people who always mention how quick people travel. It took Bran seasons to reach the Tree. It took the White Walkers seasons to reach the Fist and Crasters Keep and Hardhome but they can reach the tree cave in a day or what.

I think they were at the cave in less than five minutes. Teleportation.

clemenx

Banned
Just to clarify: Hold the door = Hodor was directly from grrm but how it will actually happen will probably be different in the books?

LordCanti

Seems like they are taking over Victarion's storyline.

Euron's plan is in pieces now.

In pieces... that they can use to build a thousand new ships real fast!

Well D&D have just borrowed the NK name and created their own character. Obviously this NK bares no relation to the one in the book.

Which is definitely lame, since the lore behind the Night's King is what made him interesting. This guy in the show has no real lore.

We got the first piece (of many I hope) of his lore this week when they stuck an obsidian dagger into his heart and turned him into a White Walker.

Yes, one of them needed to start, "wait a minute bitch, didn't you . . . "

"Didn't you declare loyalty for an illegitimate king because he was kind of nice to you that one time?"

Just to clarify: Hold the door = Hodor was directly from grrm but how it will actually happen will probably be different in the books?

Yeah. All we really know is that he's going to have to hold a door at some point. We don't know when, where, or why.

All this "Hold the Door" = Hodor hate is ridiculous, but to be expected.

It is the epitome of the Haters gonna Hate logic that tends to emerge in movie and TV show discussions on the internet due to the sheer number of people engaged in the discussion.

I certainly don't begrudge your right to have issues with the reveal, but I do wonder how many of you are seriously upset and how many came here to troll the rest of us who thought it was good and sad.
The ego on you people

No one saying they dislike the reveal is here to troll you show fans

Madness

I think the importance will be the same. Hodor will literally be killed having to 'Hold the Door'. And the warg and time traveling fucks his mind up in the past. Would make sense since Ned could hear Bran in the godswood.

News Bot

Banned
I think the importance will be the same. Hodor will literally be killed having to 'Hold the Door'. And the warg and time traveling fucks his mind up in the past. Would make sense since Ned could hear Bran in the godswood.

Theon could too. Jon in dreams also.

Drazgul

"Hold the door" is canon. We don't know how it'll come into play in the books.

Wylis will be traumatized by that one time from when the outhouse latch was broken and Old Nan was there doing her business and kept yelling to him to hold the door.

DOUBLE WOW O_O

Ok so I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this as a possibility but after tonight’s episode I’m leaning more towards it being a probability.
Bran and friends are the voices in the mad king’s head.
We’ve now seen Bran’s ability to influence the past (or, confirm it depending on how time travel paradoxes are solved in GOT). We’ve seen the link between the past and present BREAK Hodor’s mind, turning him into a simpleton. I don’t think madness is a far stretch from this.
If you remember Jaime’s testimony, the mad king just kept repeating “burn them all.” What if he didn’t mean King’s Landing and the rebels? What if Bran somehow either accidentally or purposefully lets him see the army of the dead? Someone could be yelling something akin to “burn them all” just like tonight’s “hold the door.”
In the season six trailer we see someone in shadow getting stabbed in the back. Lots of people think this is Jaime doing his stabby stabby kingslaying thing. The only time we see flashbacks are through Bran’s visions. A man going mad with voices in his head in a Bran flashback? I’ll be shocked if thats a coincidence.

On a more broad speculative front, I’m curious to see if Bran’s job is going to be making sure history happens the way it happened or something time lord-esque like that. The Tree Eyed Raven said it was time for Bran to “become him.” Was his job watching history and influencing it to make sure it happened how it was supposed to? Ahhhh time paradoxes. What an episode. Hold the door.

Source.

clemenx

Banned
Oh and I absolutely believe that Bran theory. First book is not subtle at all about this stuff because the dude thought he was writing only a trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom