• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

This is bullshit. I'll just root for the Lannisters instead of these Dorne murderers. Honestly, why even bother with Dorne? Are we supposed to be interested in how Oberyn's daughters and widow kill his brother and nephew? Why would they think that is ok?

Whatever, I'll just keep watching for Daenerys and Tyrion and to see if Jon comes back. Everything else has turned to shit. Arya's storyline bores me on the show for some reason, even though I love her in the books.

They are strong women and won't be ruled by weak men anymore. Please watch.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Ok but the other plot goes absolutely nowhere as well.

The book honestly was not much better and will likely get the same result. Nothing.

The plot definitely goes somewhere, it is just cliff-hangered like a bunch of other plots in that book. Dorne is all about setting up the plot for killing Tommen and Myrcella, with marrying Arianne to Young Griff, basically a decade long plan to get back at the Lannisters. In the show it's a revenge plan by Elleria because of Oberyn. Arriane's motivations are character have an actual arc because after seeing a kings guard member die, and Myrcella injured (who she wanted to crown Queen by the way), hooks up with Doran's plan because it is smart.

They are very different.

Eidan

This is going to be a rough season for a lot of you. Why torture yourself and just wait for Winds of Winter in 202X, and then dream of how amazing Dream of Spring would be, if it had ever gotten made?

The Dorne plot is a huge missed opportunity.

Viewers loved Oberyn and would have loved to see Doran's plan for revenge against the lannisters. But the sand snakes are GOD AWFUL, why have them kill Doran? Absolutely terrible characters.

Sheroking

The Dorne plot is a huge missed opportunity.

Viewers loved Oberyn and would have loved to see Doran's plan for revenge against the lannisters. But the sand snakes are GOD AWFUL, why have them kill Doran? Absolutely terrible characters.

Why would Doran want revenge on the Lannisters for Oberyns death?

They didnt murder him. He entered a trial by combat and lost. Straight forward. Oberyn painted Dorne as a fair-minded and justly run. It`s perfectly sensible for Doran to be more reasonable than that.

They didnt murder him. He entered a trial by combat and lost. Straight forward. Oberyn painted Dorne as a fair-minded and justly run. It`s perfectly sensible for Doran to be more reasonable than that.

No one said he wanted revenge over oberyn's death.

Doran's revenge isn't for Oberyn, it would be the same as Oberyn's goal - revenge for their sister. Tie in the sand snakes supporting him to avenge Oberyn.

I don't know. I loved Doran and his Viper in the Grass monologue was fantastic and would have been great in the show. Alexander Siddig is fantastic for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom