• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a well directed and rather mediocre episode that really didn't live up to the scorn people that read the leaks were incessantly laying upon it. That Dorne shit was real dumb, but entertaining and cathartic. It felt like D&D cleaning up the mistake of ever putting it in the show in the most ridiculous manner possible. But I'll take that over more Dorne scenes. I look forward to the sand snakes getting killed next.

jett

D-Member
Well that's definitely way too much crap going on in this show. They don't even have time to do basic fucking shit! And they want to introduce flashbacks and the Iron Islands too?

WHY!?

Man, that was a quick hour...

The episode lasted like less than 50 minutes.

Kard8p3

what the fuck is going on im so confused

NotLikeThis.png
NotLikeThis.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow, so they killed the only characters in Dorne who aren't fucking idiots. Great.

Yeah I don't know what the fuck they are trying to do with Dorne. I feel like this setup is a huge mistake and is not going to have a remotely meaningful payoff.

That was bad.

And I say that as someone who defended much of season 5.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat...

Chase17

So... that was disappointing. Stuff in the north, Arya, and Jamie/Cerscie were good but everything else was pretty bad in my opinion.

Can't believe what they are doing with Dorne, it's awful. Also didn't like full on Mereen exposition mode Tyrion's conversation with Varys. Was there no better way to inform viewers of what's happening with Mereen? I think Varys would know better then anyone.

Hopefully it will improve but I'm worried. I actually thought most of S5 was good too.

Kuroyume

Banned
What kind of fucking ending is that? What an awful premier.

+ Nice scene at King's Landing with Jaime and Cersei
+ Ramsay's feed her to the dogs line
+ Wall stuff except for Melisandre scene

- Everything else: No advancement of the Wall plot (although I enjoyed it except for that final scene), Dorne stupidity, Waste of time with the Dothraki crap, etc

Yeah, I dont really care to see the 25 year late revenge plan for his sister either tbh.

Focus on what is actually important. Not Dorne.

Then why include Dorne at all in the first place?

It proved to be meaningless filler. We are now left with sand snakes who are dire.

Issues like this make me feel the show was poorly planned out.

devilhawk

Wrapping up Dorne seems like a blessing to all of us book readers.

The plot was beyond saving so I don't have an issue with it.

So far, definitely better than much of Season 5.

It proved to be meaningless filler. We are now left with sand snakes who are dire.

It was poorly planned out. There's not much reason to think D&D have done much more than take it year by year. If they had actually wanted to wrap this up in 7.5 seasons there were so many decisions that make little season.

Chase17

Wrapping up Dorne seems like a blessing to all of us book readers.

The plot was beyond saving so I don't have an issue with it.

So far, definitely better than much of Season 5.

I worry that we are going to keep going there to see what Sand people are up to.

Apt101

It was heavily hinted in the books that Mel is old as hell, perhaps hundreds of years old.

Anyways, somber conclusion to the first episode. Now The Long Wait.

Eidan

Man...that was fun. Glad to have GoT back, and this time Martin free. D&D doing the good work cutting out so much of the Dorne fat. Wish they'd left the Iron Islands out completely though.

ryseing

As much as I love Dorne and Doran this was the only way they could somewhat redeem that storyline. It's so off book as it is that a Dorne in rebellion is far more interesting than trying to swerve back.

LordCanti

So her hot exterior is just an illusion. Stannis was banging grandma.

I want to forget that Hotah jobbed to the hot Sand Snake but I can't. Everything that happened in Dorne was pretty much the worst.

Other than that my gripes are minor.

Why do people think this wrapped up Dorne? Why would they just leave it there?

If anything it just accelerated Dorne into the fighting.

Lothar

Banned
It really doesn't feel like that this series is on the verge of ending any time soon. The writers said something like 20 episodes to go? Yeah right. Nothing advanced tonight.

Well that was a well directed and rather mediocre episode that really didn't live up to the scorn people that read the leaks were incessantly laying upon it. That Dorne shit was real dumb, but entertaining and cathartic. It felt like D&D cleaning up the mistake of ever putting it in the show in the most ridiculous manner possible. But I'll take that over more Dorne scenes. I look forward to the sand snakes getting killed next.

How much of this was in the leaks?

It was poorly planned out. There's not much reason to think D&D have done much more than take it year by year.

I really loved the show up to season 4. Admittedly I read the books between seasons 4 and 5.

But everything felt tight and well written up to season 5, even on rewatch. This series could be so much more :(

It seems poorly planned out, but you can imagine the show runners having to scramble when the book wasn't written.

Looks like season 6 is going to be spinning its wheels once again. Expect a lot of grim Iron Isles garbage that will make Dorne look well put together.

Kuroyume

Banned
This show desperately needs the Hound to return. Should have been him instead of dumb ass Brienne/Pod saving Sansa.

That was horrible.

Why did they even cast Hotah and Trystane? Jesus

Hotah was absolute garbage. In book = Killing machine. On show = Trash

Did not like. I think I'll stop watching this live and just catch up on a couple of episodes prior to the finale.

It makes me sick how far we done fell.

Also that recap reminded me how far of a tangent the show is at right now even before they ran out of books. It also reminded me how much I wish the next book was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom