• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRRM has watched his animes, she was really a 1000 year old demon!

Also calling bullshit on Theon/Sansa being ok after taking a walk through the water and shruggin it off a while later while remaining outside. You ain't gonna stand for too long after that.

Valhelm

contribute something
2c90d3d3fb.jpg

lol

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
"We need to cross the river or we'll be found"
"But I'll die"

"Oh I'm ok"

"We're safe!"
"We're not safe. I'll distract them. Run north always north blah"
*Stands in front of them*
"She's dead"
"No she isn't, she's right there
"

*Dogs disappear*
It's like a Monty Python bit.
"She ran away!"
"No she didn't she's right there!"
Sansa: "No I'm not!"
"See! I told you!"
"I'm looking right at her!"
"Well I don't know how since she's gone."

Season 4 they killed off Tywin
Season 5 they killed off Stannis
Season 6 they're gonna kill off Roose

each season they kill off another great, grizzled old man actor

shame

Shit, they killed off grizzled oldish man Doran before he could even get up to any scheming or even drop his Fire and Blood speech. At least let the poor guy monologue before unceremoniously killing him.

Speevy

Banned
So you just killed a whole bunch of people and led our army to victory Ramsay. Your girlfriend is dead.

I think I'll piss you off now. *poke* *poke* *poke*

<scene of Roose on flaying post*

Speevy

Banned
My favorite scene was Sansa accepting Brienne into her service. That felt pretty cool.

Also Aliser Thorne's badass "I killed him."

Dude's got some balls.

Neifirst

So did Jaime have them turn the ship around once Myrcella died since they were about 50 feet from the dock, pick up a coffin, gold shroud, and 2 Sand Snakes? I don't understand how they got onboard to kill Trystane...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
D&D claim there had been hints of Mel's age. My memory is a mess. Where in the book is it suggested she's centuries old?

Well she's always been mysterious, plus I think she did hint in S4 at some of her stuff being faked to create illusions and what not.

danm999

D&D claim there had been hints of Mel's age. My memory is a mess. Where in the book is it suggested she's centuries old?

In her POV chapter there's an offhand line about how she practiced her art for "years beyond count" which would be unusual in she was in her 30s-40s.

Killing the only bright spots in Dorne is ... certainly an interesting approach.

Arya, everything in the North, and Cersei's response to Myrcella were all good.

I did laugh at the Khal's lines, but I'm not sure cliched humor was the way to go in that scene. And you know a scene is lame when a walk and talk with Tyrion and the Spider can't save it.

I didn't know about the Red Woman theories, so I was legit surprised. Makes sense to do that to set up her sacrificing herself for Jon.

Flare

Weakest premier and short to boot.
Pros: The Wall, and Sansa/Theon running (although I didn't like convenient Brienne), King's Landing was decent
Cons: Everything else, dialogue and everything, just terrible. Jorah and Daario happen across the exact spot Dany was, the fleet got conveniently burned to make room for the Greyjoy ships, Dorne was a mess, and remains one still.

Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season, I sincerely hope they pick it up.

Valhelm

contribute something
APPARENTLY (lol), if you go back and watch that scene, Selyse acts all weird and freaked out the entire time. So MAYBE there's some internal consistency?

Selyse acts all weird and freaked out in every scene

I'm so bummed they've cut Lady Stoneheart out of the show entirely.

HBO has a tits quota and a resurrection quota. No less than ten pairs a season, and no more than one revival per show

RiZ III

Seeing Sansa finally getting rescued was the best thing in the show in the past two seasons.

Overall I am kind of annoyed how far off the show has gone from the books. Yea yea I know book four was slow, but so was the last season of the show. If there's one thing Martin does really well it's his character dialog. I can't imagine the writers of the show coming anywhere close to the sharp and witty dialog of Martin's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom