• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
2c90d3d3fb.jpg

lol
Holy consistency batman!

Nobody talking about Olly looking smug?

Everyone's really riled up with the Dornish kerfufle

At least Doran and Hotah won't have to hear Obara's monologue. Goodnight sweet prince

Kettch

Besides Dorne, I'm also still really sad about the show's complete disregard for Jaime's character arc.

This could have been a scene from season 1 for him. Just back to complete devotion to Cersei, arrogant, fight everyone mode. They got such a perfect actor for him, and then got rid of everything that I loved about the character.

Episode was pretty cheesy.

It's becoming more and more like a Starz show.
Wife and I rolled our eyes at so many scenes and lines.

It's too bad because the show was excellent for a few seasons

Speevy

Banned
I think that by comparison, season 6 will end up being better than season 5 just by virtue of having the very obvious
Jon vs. Ramsay battle
near the end.

It won't hold a candle to season 4 though.

LordCanti

There were little potions or whatever on the table with the mirror so I'm willing to just say "Hey, it's probably a combo of the potions and the necklace that makes the glamour work" even though I know it's going to be explained as the necklace.

The Hermit

"We need to cross the river or we'll be found"
"But I'll die"

"Oh I'm ok"

"We're safe!"
"We're not safe. I'll distract them. Run north always north blah"
*Stands in front of them*
"She's dead"
"No she isn't, she's right there"

*Dogs disappear*

😂😂😂😂

I stopped taking this episode seriously after that.

Altazor

I'll say this: that was a fucking waste of Alexander Siddig.

Eugh, Dorne is just the worst. I hope they Poochie that plotline and never mention it again

The rest of it was pretty slow, but then again... GOT season premieres are usually like that, so no complaints from me on that regard. Except, maybe, that it was inconsistent. Like, some plotlines actually moved (Sansa and Theon are magically saved by Phasma! The Martell line is DEAD! Daenerys is going to Vaes Dothrak... well, that wasn't much, but still) and others barely moved at all. The Wall was nice, but that's because Ser Davos is a gent, but basically nothing happened except we now know Melisandre is really old.

Ew, Stannis.

Oh, and Arya's no Matt Murdock.

Vespene

In the final episode of the season, the white walkers are about to overwhelm the living - all is lost. But wait, the Night's King sees something coming up his left flank...

The dogs have returned.

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, given last season. The Dorne stuff was horrible, and the mereen/doth raki scenes were low points, but everything else was pretty good. Not sure why some people in this thread seem to think that was it for Dorne. Didn't feel like they were just leaving it at that. I'm sure those annoying characters are gonna keep popping up this season.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I completely fail to see how this show is anywhere near close to being done. The way they've handled the last couple seasons is fucking baffling. Completely excising AFFC/ADWD storylines and then doing a complete about-face and stuffing them back in for Season 5/6 (greyjoys, jaime's storyline most prominently) is something no man on earth could have predicted they'd do.

I'm really not a hater of this show, I've been an ardent defender of it for years and still really look forward to each episode. But some of these decisions are just incredibly bad.

ZeroRay

I love how this show has casted amazing actors only to waste them.

Not very good, it seems they just want to finish the damn show, consistency or proper plotting be damned.

Ghost23

You guys wouldn't be satisfied with anything tbh. Episode was pretty good albeit a bit short. Dorne acting was weak, but everything else made up for it.

Probably best just to ignore this thread completely.

Speevy

Banned
I completely fail to see how this show is anywhere near close to being done. The way they've handled the last couple seasons is fucking baffling. Completely excising AFFC/ADWD storylines and then doing a complete about-face and stuffing them back in for Season 5/6 (greyjoys, jaime's storyline most prominently) is something no man on earth could have predicted they'd do.

I'm really not a hater of this show, I've been an ardent defender of it for years and still really look forward to each episode. But some of these decisions are just incredibly bad.

You can love the show for how passionately the actors and production team fight the hack writers.

It's like D and D are the whitewalkers and they're coming for everyone.

Jackson50

FWIW, the direwolf that plays Ghost did an excellent job this episode. It's mournful howling during the introduction was remarkable.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You guys wouldn't be satisfied with anything tbh. Episode was pretty good albeit a bit short. Dorne acting was weak, but everything else made up for it.

Some people are just satisfied by anything.

Episode was pretty cheesy.

It's becoming more and more like a Starz show.
Wife and I rolled our eyes at so many scenes and lines.

It's too bad because the show was excellent for a few seasons

i mean, i've only watched Black Sails and season 1 of Outlander, but based off of that, this show becoming "more like a Starz show" sounds great to me

suzu

I wonder how they are gonna pull off the Iron Islands stuff... cuz you know, look at how well Dorne went.

I really hope they don't drag out this Jon thing too. Maybe he'll be revived just in time to kick Ramsay's ass.

Dorne aside, that was a pretty solid opening. The Wall stuff was handled very well, and I enjoyed the turns that Sansa and Daenerys' storylines look to be taking.

Dorne... Well, they sorta get props for recognising that the storyline wasn't working and for rapidly accelerating it, but man was it ever kinda goofy.

I wonder how they are gonna pull off the Iron Islands stuff... cuz you know, look at how well Dorne went.

Show should include Euron's lines from the book

"Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray"

Speevy

Banned
I thought they'd just ignore Dorne. Ah what a shitshow.

Aren't you glad they didn't though?

Apparently Prince Dorann is now receiving elderly care from Oberyn's paramour, and the sand snakes have infiltrated a ship that has been docked in the harbor for about a month.

At least we know Tyene can stab a stationary target.

I really hope they don't drag out this Jon thing too. Maybe he'll be revived just in time to kick Ramsay's ass.

My guess is he'll be back by episode 3 or 4 depending on whether or no they skip events at the Wall an episode.

In the final episode of the season, the white walkers are about to overwhelm the living - all is lost. But wait, the Night's King sees something coming up his left flank...

The dogs have returned.

Who needs the Night's Watch to fight the Others when you've got Ramsay's 20 Good Men, Ramsay's Invisible Dogs and the Sand Snakes. That's an unstoppable force right there!

Maybe Old Lady Mel too!
MSnYZMg.gif

Chase17

Kit Harington was in the opening credits. Maybe that means he will be brought back sooner rather then later. Or perhaps they just switch every episode depending who is in it, never noticed before.

Bran's return delayed.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

I think it is because Dorne had a lot of trouble last season. I said this earlier in the thread, but I think it still applies. Dorne could have been good, if there was more time to develop it. That's the true crime for it.

thefro

It really doesn't feel like that this series is on the verge of ending any time soon. The writers said something like 20 episodes to go? Yeah right. Nothing advanced tonight.

Eh, Sansa/Brienne/Theon/Poderick teaming up seems somewhat significant in that I don't see anything for them to logically do other than meeting up with Jon (and/or Bran/Rickson). Them getting captured by the Boltons again would be retreading and I doubt they're heading south.

Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes. Your father and I worked more closely than you know…”
;_; ;_;

Speevy

Banned
Well I overestimated the Boltons.

Podrick "I've been squiring in the wilderness" Payne fought off two or three battle-hardened, heavily armored Bolton soldiers.

Sooner or later Sansa has to gain power so she can fulfil the prophecy and take down Cersei.

So I imagine she'll spend the season consolidating allies and morphing into the Queen of the North.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom