• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanuilos

Kit Harington was in the opening credits. Maybe that means he will be brought back sooner rather then later. Or perhaps they just switch every episode depending who is in it, never noticed before.

Bran's return delayed.

Charles Dance (Tywin) was credited for the season 5 premier. Not saying that Jon won't come back, but the credits are not a good indication of what will happen.

jett

D-Member
Why do people think the book coming out on time would've fixed this?

Book 4 and 5 are the reason we're in this mess.

Well, a lot of this content is clearly a creation of the show writers. I dunno about shit getting fixed, but If the book had come out at the appropriate time shit would be different.

It doesn't really matter anyway. The big problem for me for the show isn't that shit is this or that, but that there's just way too much shit. There's not enough time in an episode to actually have enough time for each of the dozen plotlines they got going on.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not sure why people are disappointed in Brienne showing up "out of nowhere" to save Sansa. She and Pod were long established to be in the region around Winterfell (Remember those 6 episodes she sat in the hotel room looking at the tower?).

Makes way more sense than Tywin/Loras showing up out of nowhere during the Blackwater Bay attack. Or Old Lady Mel just randomly arriving at the BWB camp to check up on Beric and Gendry.

Lothar

Banned
Yeah no clue why they adapted the Dorne stuff and not the Iron Island stuff.

The death of Balon. The Kingsmoot. Euron. Victarian. Invading the Shields. Victarion's voyage to Meereen. There's literally episodes full of stuff they could have adapted.

Instead all the Dorne stuff is making me scratch my head since it looks like whole swathes of it have no payoff.

I thought we'd be getting more Ironborn and the Freys. I want Jaime to go South to the Riverlands. I want new settings and story arcs. This episode felt just like a 11th episode of Season 5 and that's not a good thing.

Jarmel

Banned
Episode was trash. Doesn't give me much hope for future episodes as it confirms season 5 is actually the quality level of the writers themselves.

todd360

What about the times we saw Melisandre taking baths naked without the necklace?

I think she can do illusion stuff without her necklace. Taking the necklace off seemed more like a I give up moment to me. She could take the necklace off and keep the illusion if she wanted to. Taking the necklace off and staring at her true self was probably her doubting her God. Her visions didn't come true and now she is lost. I imagine they will have her look in the fire again before she actually does anything helpful.

bengraven

Fuck you HBO and your fucking app.

I can stream any video service with minimal hitches in my little corner of the house, but you force me to watch the show with stuttering, five minute pauses, and the same quality as a Sega CD FMV scene.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well I overestimated the Boltons.

Podrick "I've been squiring in the wilderness" Payne fought off two or three battle-hardened, heavily armored Bolton soldiers.
They should've learned from their leader and took off their shirts.

Jarmel

Banned
Dialogue was all sorts of garbage.

"Well it's a good thing you're not a boy any more. Because you have no cock."

Wow. Just wow.

How so? I thought it was decent.

talking-about-plans-infront-somoene-not-invited.gif

Speevy

Banned

Wow. Just wow.

This is a running gag for D and D. Littlefinger says something like "You're the only man in King's Landing who's not a man."

Jarmel

Banned
How so? I thought it was decent. Still better than a majority of stuff out there.

Half the plot threads were in a circling pattern, Dorne stuff was atrocious, the dialogue was terrible, and the Arya fight had way too many cuts happening.

Vyer

Didn't like a few lines, particularly the Dorne stuff.

Everything else was solid, if mostly the standard 1st episode set up. Excited to see where the Castle Black and Davos stuff goes.

Solid episode, even though it didn't have a ton of forward momentum (which has been common with the first episode of season's for this show). Davos and Melisandre's new realities are particularly interesting.

The exception of course is Dorne. I expected a course correction on that, but did not expect that direction. If that means those characters won't be a part of the show anymore, that's fine I guess.

The writing was horrible.

Everything happens because the plot requires is, not because it makes sense, and the dialogue the character just repeat who we already know about them, instead of revealing anything new. Prime examples of this are the Jorah/Daario conversation and the Tyrion/Varys conversation.

Jarmel

Banned
This is a running gag for D and D. Littlefinger says something like "You're the only man in King's Landing who's not a man."

That's a much better version of the 'joke'. It's like they figured people wouldn't pick up on the joke and had to spell it out in the most painful way possible.

Kettch

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, given last season. The Dorne stuff was horrible, and the mereen/doth raki scenes were low points, but everything else was pretty good. Not sure why some people in this thread seem to think that was it for Dorne. Didn't feel like they were just leaving it at that. I'm sure those annoying characters are gonna keep popping up this season.

Someone actually thinks that? They murdered the Lannister princess last season, even just that would mean war if the show has any logic in it at all.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Wow. Just wow.
Just wait until the cock merchant shows up. With Varys, Theon and Grey Worm he'll be making mad money cock over fist.

Jackson50

I think she can do illusion stuff without her necklace. Taking the necklace off seemed more like a I give up moment to me. She could take the necklace off and keep the illusion if she wanted to. Taking the necklace off and staring at her true self was probably her doubting her God. Her visions didn't come true and now she is lost. I imagine they will have her look in the fire again before she actually does anything helpful.
That was my inference too. It was a sign of resignation. Her faith has been shattered, so she removed all pretense of her power. She's a lost, broken fanatic with tits that sag lower than Pycelle's balls.

Speevy

Banned
The writing was horrible.

Everything happens because the plot requires is, not because it makes sense, and the dialogue the character just repeat who we already know about them, instead of revealing anything new. Prime examples of this are the Jorah/Daario conversation and the Tyrion/Varys conversation.

Daario has reached the end of his character's life. It's only a matter of time before either a Dothraki khal or Jorah kills him.

MK_768

I haven't been paying attention to any "leaks" and whatnot but I have a theory about episode 3. It's titled oathbreaker, right? So I'm thinking that's when Jon is brought back to life then. My reason being is that his oath to the watch is broken now that he is dead.

If this has been discussed already...my bad lol.

Jarmel

Banned
Burning the ships was a clear decision by the writers to force the characters to stay in Mereen. There's like zero reason for any of the parties in Mereen to just up and burn all the ships in the fleet of all things.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The Dorne stuff just screamed out "Voyager Reset Button" as they cleared out any storylines from that area that isn't "Rebel against the Lannisters/King". A 2nd War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom