• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
I haven't been paying attention to any "leaks" and whatnot but I have a theory about episode 3. It's titled oathbreaker, right? So I'm thinking that's when Jon is brought back to life then. My reason being is that his oath to the watch is broken now that he is dead.

If this has been discussed already...my bad lol.

Nobody has any idea what happens in episodes beyond the first, but I'm sure they'll know something by next Friday if they accidentally put the episode up in Canada again.

Papito

Idk I didn't particularly care about dorne last season but I kinda like their scenes here. Also I was entertained by this episode even if there were a few inconsistencies but we have no idea if those will be addressed yet, so I see no reason to get too upset about them. I do believe overall this will be a good season.

Speevy

Banned
Burning the ships was a clear decision by the writers to force the characters to stay in Mereen. There's like zero reason for any of the parties in Mereen to just up and burn all the ships in the fleet of all things.

I think it was a pretty easy way for them to show that Tyrion is in over his head without killing Missandei and Grey Worm just yet.

RaidenXZ

Quick question / confusion / I'm getting pissed at how the Sunspear...sorry sorry I mean Dorne subplot is going lol

Wasn't Trystane on the same boat with Jaime and Myrcella? And weren't Nym and Obara with Tyene and Ellaria at the end of season 5? :S

Quick question / confusion / I'm getting pissed at how the Sunspear...sorry sorry I mean Dorne subplot is going lol

Wasn't Trystane on the same boat with Jaime and Myrcella? And weren't Nym and Obara with Tyene and Ellaria at the end of season 5? :S

Littlefinger lent the Sandsnakes his teleporter.

In hindsight, having more than one story line outside of Westeros was probably a mistake. Now they have like 3-4 going at once. Episode felt strained

Speevy

Banned
Seems the Dothraki gave up being warriors and became traveling comedians.

D and D let them speak their lines and wrote the subs like a couple of middle school kids.

"Huh huh, I wonder if her pussy hair is white."

"Huh huh, I'll fuck her up the ass."

"No, cut off her head."

"She's just jealous because I want to fuck you up the ass."

Wait, what was this scene about?

Papito

Yes hopefully they adress this in one of the episodes otherwise it's not gonna look very good. Will make people think they didn't plan this very well and that they made sudden changes.

Patapwn

From the preview it looks like we won't get the Jon Snow question answered until later. Castle black will probably fight it out and leave the resolution from episode 3

Fuck

Santiako

Last time we saw them:

sR3iHh0.jpg

(They are watching the boat go away)

ayyyy lmao

Papito

From the preview it looks like we won't get the Jon Snow question answered until later. Castle black will probably fight it out and leave the resolution from episode 3

Fuck

The good thing about that though is i'm sure they will revive Jon during the nights watch and wildlings conflict.

jett

D-Member
Yes hopefully they adress this in one of the episodes otherwise it's not gonna look very good. Will make people think they didn't plan this very well and that they made sudden changes.

That's okay.

Anyone paying attention has been thinking that for a while.

MK_768

Nobody has any idea what happens in episodes beyond the first, but I'm sure they'll know something by next Friday if they accidentally put the episode up in Canada again.

Oh. Well I was just wondering. I know oathbreaker is also a reference to lady stoneheart but it seems too early for that. Simply put, I think Jon's best shot at being resurrected seems like episode 3 if the title of the show is right.

Burning the ships was a clear decision by the writers to force the characters to stay in Mereen. There's like zero reason for any of the parties in Mereen to just up and burn all the ships in the fleet of all things.

I think it is just their way of making the ironborn fleet have a purpose in the show when it arrives. In the books, she has like 3 ships.

Jackson50

How the snakes get on the boat to kill Trystane?
Why he was still in the boat?
They already landed, right?
The snakes are actually Ramsay, and Ramsay is not constrained by space nor time. So he got on the boat to assassinate Trystane because his dogs need more meat.

Omg haha you're right.

Had a watching party with friends, and one guy pointed at that Ramsay's hounds just disappeared during the skirmish with Brienne.

Liked the episode overall, but the Dornish stuff had me incredulous. D&D must have hated the book plot, they've completely erased the Martell bloodline from the show. That has all kinds of problems in the fictional universe they've constructed; no one who sits the Iron Throne will recognize a female bastard as the rightful ruler of a kingdom.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
D and D let them speak their lines and wrote the subs like a couple of middle school kids.

"Huh huh, I wonder if her pussy hair is white."

"Huh huh, I'll fuck her up the ass."

"No, cut off her head."

"She's just jealous because I want to fuck you up the ass."

Wait, what was this scene about?

Don't forget this amazing piece of dialog.
9btep78.png

I don't think the production value was the problem. The locations were absolutely stunning.

Yeah, the show definitely looks good for the most part. I wish season had had such production values. And if nothing else the big battle this season should be pretty good. They got the guy who did Hardhome back for the last couple of episodes I think.

No, he wasn't.

They even showed his boat starting the journey from Dorne. This was after Jaime was already back and Doran was killed.

But why would his boat be weeks behind Jaime's?

They're about to throw Arianne back in their.

Would laugh so hard if Arianne just comes back from vacation as if she were part of the show the whole time. Would probably have been better off phasing out the Dorne plot after Myrcella's death. Areo deserved better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom