• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and they don't want to get flayed.

Thinking about it more, this storyline is part of Sansa's evolution. The idea that the 'North would remember' in the face of overwhelming odds and the Stark's idiocy is a juvenile fantasy. She's learned that you need an army to back up slogans like that, even if that means dealing with Littlefinger.

Iksenpets

Banned
Don't you remember 'her cunt became the world'?

I think it makes a lot of sense that she would fuck women, she's so eager to prove that she is one of the men. That part seemed completely natural, even if the dialogue wasn't quite right.

I'm uncomfortable with them rewriting her into some sort of cool-girl bisexual, especially when book Asha is pretty aggressively hetero in a way that none of the major women on the show really have been, but I thought the actress sold the scene well. I don't know the actresses' actual sexuality, but props to her if she's straight for playing like she liked tits pretty well, and props to her if she's not for getting them to write her a scene where she got to do that.

Also making Yara thirsty for Dany in the future may be a way of bringing some more elements of Vic's story into this Theon/Yara thing they're doing.

Furoba

Not sure about the Arya plot now.
Arya either drew out the waif and faked her stabbing, or actually fucked up and forgot everything about the faceless men.

Suppose Arya fucked up...
What if the faceless men have the gift of the red god? Kill Arya to bring her back as no one?

how come arya has got that much coin anyway?
maybe that rally was just some kind of bait for the waif

Yeah, there's seriously something up with that whole sequence. Did anyone get a good look at the blade the "waif" used to stab "Arya"? It was a short dagger, right? I could have sworn it looked like Needle. There's no way that's possible, right?

Moff

I mean they really made sure to show that arya is rich, she didn't just book passage to westeros, it was in an own cabin. obviously something is up there, because arya is completely broke, I doubt she earned any money during her training and if she did, or stole it, she would certainly not waste it on a cabin.

I mean they really made sure to show that arya is rich, she didn't just book passage to westeros, it was in an own cabin. obviously something is up there, because arya is completely broke, I doubt she earned any money during her training and if she did, or stole it, she would certainly not waste it on a cabin.

So, the waif drawing Arya out by threatening to go back to Westeros and take over her life?

She stole it. There. Easy.

I think the key takeaway you missed from that scene is that she wanted the ship to leave in the morning, rather than wait the 2 days it was scheduled to leave.

Paying for the cabin established her as someone with the type of wealth to make that kind of command. Whereas if she settled for the hammock, they never would have entertained leaving early.

Moff

She stole it. There. Easy.

as I wrote in the text you quoted, if she stole it, I still doubt she would spend it on a cabin. she simply does not need a cabin, she is used to worse. and money, however much, is much better spent in westeros than on a silly cabin.

So Jon is definitely Davos' new Stannis. I don't know, seems like Davos forgot about his king and Shireen too fast. Dude is now negotiating with wildlings, Mormonts with such passion. lol

So Jon is definitely Davos' new Stannis. I don't know, seems like Davos forgot about his king and Shireen too fast. Dude is now negotiating with wildlings, Mormonts with such passion. lol

I would say, look at where they're currently camped. I think Davos is gonna remember Shireen pretty soon and have some questions for Mel.

Henkka

Banned
I would say, look at where they're currently camped. I think Davos is gonna remember Shireen pretty soon and have some questions for Mel.

Thing is, he was already questioning Mel. Then they were interrupted by Brienne. Then Brienne left, and the scene ended. So we're supposed to believe that Davos just dropped it because the conversation became awkward or something, and didn't bring it up again.

The lapses in logic on this show are pretty glaring.

CoolOff

So, I found out about the 4Chan-leak after episode 3, and so far everything has matched with what has happened... Supposedly it was from someone working at the Belfast-set.

Furoba

Valar morghulis, all men must die, makes sense if the faceless men acolytes die and get revived, to then serve in earnest,
Valar dohaeris, all men must serve.
Wouldn't surprise me if Arya died.

Morts

I assumed one of those bags of coin was the one she took from the Hound.

Ratrat

Don't you remember 'her cunt became the world'?

I think it makes a lot of sense that she would fuck women, she's so eager to prove that she is one of the men. That part seemed completely natural, even if the dialogue wasn't quite right.
No, it was typical. It would have been really refreshing to see her treat a young handsome man like a whore instead of what we got. Also when does she try to prove shes a man? Shes not Cersei.

Also the Riverrun stuff is aready much much better than Dorne. Ugh.

j-wood

Is the reason some of you guys think the arya stuff was stupid because you misinterpreted her getting needle back?

It wasn't because she knew she was going to be attacked. The sword symbolizes her being Arya Stark. She's no longer "just a girl with no name".

Also, she's still basically a child. She thought Jacquen was her friend and wouldn't try to kill her.

Aiii

So not worth it
as I wrote in the text you quoted, if she stole it, I still doubt she would spend it on a cabin. she simply does not need a cabin, she is used to worse. and money, however much, is much better spent in westeros than on a silly cabin.

Except, you know, the "being the only young teenage girl surrounded by a bunch of men-of-questionable-morals on a ship for months"-part of the travel arrangement without a cabin.

She remebered her place, she is done with suffering. She will steal new in Westeros. Because she can.

duckroll

Maybe she stayed back at the wall at Jon's request? I mean it makes sense they wouldn't bring her in front of the other northern lords since she would offend the old gods.

They left her behind with a bunch of rapists and thieves, taking with them every single person who would have any reason to protect her?

Ratrat

Does Arya still have the coin? it got her free passage AND a cabin the first time.
Except, you know, the "being the only young teenage girl surrounded by a bunch of men-of-questionable-morals on a ship for months"-part of the travel arrangement without a cabin.
She survived Harrenhal, the Brotherhood and Braavos. I can see why some might feel its not like her to spend money on luxury.

Her lack caution is more annoying though.

Branduil

The only reason I can think of for the Arya scene is that D&D have some idea for a "totally epic" setpiece in the next episode and they wrote the scene to set it up.

Madness

It's still suspicious that they didn't show Brienne cutting Stannis.

"He's dead Jim."

They didn't want to show the direct execution. However, it is not a comparable situation to the Hound. We knew the Hound was coming back due to the Gravedigger stuff in the books. But show Stannis had no real story anymore. Burned his daughter, wife killer herself. All of his men deserted him etc.

Where would he go? Wounded in the North with no allies, in the deep cold of Winter, no horses or food? HBO last year retweeted his beautiful death image and they've talked about how he's gone. Even Roose Bolton wondered who had killed him because they probably saw his executed body. Brienne couldn't do anything for them. She's a single person who only had Pod with her in the North.

"He's dead Jim."

They didn't want to show the direct execution. However, it is not a comparable situation to the Hound. We knew the Hound was coming back due to the Gravedigger stuff in the books. But show Stannis had no real story anymore. Burned his daughter, wife killer herself. All of his men deserted him etc.

Where would he go? Wounded in the North with no allies, in the deep cold of Winter, no horses or food? HBO last year retweeted his beautiful death image and they've talked about how he's gone. Even Roose Bolton wondered who had killed him because they probably saw his executed body. Brienne couldn't do anything for them. She's a single person who only had Pod with her in the North.

The show won't and shouldn't do it, but I always wanted to see a defeated Stannis take the black and one day rebuild the Night's Watch as Lord Commander. Basically after the conclusion of the books. So...in my mind...kind of...

"He's dead Jim."

I agree, it's the likely scenario. I'm not a fan of Stannis and I don't want him to come back. I just think it's odd since the series is pretty eager to show brutal deaths of important characters from the very first season.

ChaosXVI

I too think it was weird the way they cut away from Brienne killing Stannis. But what I think happened is at the time it was filmed, they weren't certain if they wanted Stannis to really be dead or not. But when they got to work on Season 6, they made up their minds and that's that.

I'm really not expecting him to come back at all, especially since Brienne made it pretty clear that she put her sword through his face, and I really can't see why she wouldn't have.

Tuck

There has to be another scene where the High Sparrow lets on that he knows what Margaery is doing, and it has been part of his plan all along.

It very well may be. He wanted anyone who could be a threat to him gone. Jamie was sent away, now the queen of thorns. Margery might have played right into his hand.

The man isn't stupid.

Jayof9s

It very well may be. He wanted anyone who could be a threat to him gone. Jamie was sent away, now the queen of thorns. Margery might have played right into his hand.

The man isn't stupid.

I've had that impression the whole time. Margery is doing what she needs to but was clearly playing the game. I just have had the impression that the Sparrow knows it and is predicting how she'll react to certain things.

I can't decide if sending the Queen of Thorns away was the goal or if the goal is to trap her trying to leave. But could accomplish his goals.

dubq

What the fuck. How the hell did Clegane not hear or notice a slaughter taking place a few hundred yards away? Did I miss something.

How do you know how far away he was? Were there distance markers in the woods that I missed? :p

She's not even a Stark!

Catelyn Stark is a Stark by marriage yes, but the children she has lost are all blood Stark's as well as the man she married. You mean to suggest that she wouldn't want vengeance for any of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom