• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenZR

Didn't Brienne bite his ear off?

Don't know if that means he wouldn't be able to hear things. He can hear just fine based on what we've seen.

But that's also why I said "feel". He's a seasoned rider and traveler. You can get vibrations from the earth when there's a group of horses running around. Especially if they're hastily pillaging a small village. I grew up near a small stable that had two horses. I could tell when the owners were trotting at a good speed with them when I was simply standing in my backyard.

The titan of Braavos is pretty.

There's a cock joke in there somewhere.

Kozak

Banned
There has to be another scene where the High Sparrow lets on that he knows what Margaery is doing, and it has been part of his plan all along.

I got the vibe that he doesn't trust Margaery from his speech about there are some people who can recite all the words of that holy book yet some people who can't read have more wisdom..... etc.

Sounds like the High Sparrow needs Tommen to produce an heir so he can continue his "brainwashing".

People, Arya was stabbed. She's gonna wake up in a hospital fully healed. She'll be wary. She'll accidentally kill some beggar or something because she is so on edge. While feeling bad someone will walk up to her 'you were always bad at this.' It's the waif, Arya fights and kills her. She end the season on a ship to Westeros. Ta da.

Also, remember bathtub confession Jaime? Why are you doing this D&D? :(

Madness

I don't buy that Arya planned some elaborate setup to trap the waif. I think she is a headstrong but dumb girl who is too emotional, like all Starks. She had to exact vengeance on Ser Meryn Trant and lost her eyes. She couldn't let Lady Crane die so now she has gotten stabbed. She truly doesn't understand she did something wrong by not only not killing Lady Crane, but telling her that the understudy wantex to have her killed. Arya did shit ton of damage to the Faceless Men assassins. She thought she would just catch a boat out of there.

The waif also wanted to make her suffer. Not just a stab but twisted the knife too so that the wound would bleed and not clot or heal quick. Let's see where it goes. I think she will kill the waif with needle no less but she was definitely stabbed.

munchie64

Preview spoilers:
Something has to be up with Arya right? She's fucking running around next ep. Even with this show that's going a bit far to have her doing that after a gut stabbing.

Pkaz01

I don't buy that Arya planned some elaborate setup to trap the waif. I think she is a headstrong but dumb girl who is too emotional, like all Starks. She had to exact vengeance on Ser Meryn Trant and lost her eyes. She couldn't let Lady Crane die so now she has gotten stabbed. She truly doesn't understand she did something wrong by not only not killing Lady Crane, but telling her that the understudy wantex to have her killed. Arya did shit ton of damage to the Faceless Men assassins. She thought she would just catch a boat out of there.

The waif also wanted to make her suffer. Not just a stab but twisted the knife too so that the wound would bleed and not clot or heal quick. Let's see where it goes. I think she will kill the waif with needle no less but she was definitely stabbed.

It still makes no sense how the fuck is the waif a faceless man or even a part of them. Why does she get a pass and not Arya? The writing has been shit for this arc because none of it make sense other than plot advancement in the dumbest way possible

Brakke

Banned
It still makes no sense how the fuck is the waif a faceless man or even a part of them. Why does she get a pass and not Arya? The writing has been shit for this arc because none of it make sense other than plot advancement in the dumbest way possible

Ehh the Waif hasn't gotten any passes tho. She hasn't transgressed at all. We clearly see she hates Arya, but we also see she did succeed (at least to some extent) in training Arya despite her personal misgivings. While Arya's out there refusing orders, the Waif is executing orders with a sour attitude.

ctothej

I wonder what the end goal is with the Hound and the Riverrun stories. It seems like the Hound is about to go after the BWB, which at this point feels extraneous with so few episodes left. As for Riverrun... why bring back the Tullys this late in the game?

duckroll

I wonder what the end goal is with the Hound and the Riverrun stories. It seems like the Hound is about to go after the BWB, which at this point feels extraneous with so few episodes left. As for Riverrun... why bring back the Tullys this late in the game?

Tying up loose ends before the final push. They don't want annoying attentive viewers repeatedly asking questions like "what happened to xxxxx" all the way to the end, so once they start the endgame, all elements they don't care to develop any further have to be out of the way. That's what this entire season has been about, bringing back loose ends and either tying them into the main storylines or cutting them loose.

The Hound will probably tie into the King's Landing storyline in future, but first they'll be using him to remove the Brotherhood from the world.

The Blackfish is coming back to create a situation that allows Jaime and Brienne to complete the arc of their character relationships before they never see each other again.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Man things arent making sense now.

Where is Clegane going? To fight brotherhood without banners? But why bring them in the story now? Where is this extra plot going?

I dont know where Arya's story is going.

I don't know why bring the Tully's this late in the season.

Oh and as always, I dont care about Dany's story and I am glad she wasnt in this episode. If they kill her off screen and just end her story, I would be more glad.

Edit: Maybe Duckroll is right in the post above.

Aiii

So not worth it
So basically you want to get the scripts and outlines in advance so you can get the whole story before you see it play out? :D

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
So basically you want to get the scripts and outlines in advance so you can get the whole story before you see it play out? :D

LOL. No I am just saying I personally dont know where these are going. Like for most stories you can see and understand the reason and where they are going. For these I dont get any. Doesnt mean they will turn out bad necessarily.

Yo wtf they surprise me with a Ian McShane appearance and he just ends up being a one-episode character?! BOOOOOOO.

Pretty entertaining episode, always good to not see khaleesi try to deliver a shitty monologue, or Mereen stuff. And the riverrun scenes were great (as was the Kings Landing stuff). Wasn't worried at all about Arya during the stabbing though, funnily enough considering this show I think she is literally death proof right about now.

Kinda telling that the best stuff from this show is whenever the focus is away from that entire Daenerys/Tyrion etc. plot.

duckroll

LOL. No I am just saying I personally dont know where these are going. Like for most stories you can see and understand the reason and where they are going. For these I dont get any. Doesnt mean they will turn out bad necessarily.

But where do whores go?

Madness

Pretty sure Hound will destroy the BwB whilst shedding more light on Thoros, the Red Women and the Lord of Light. Maybe he'll say men aren't meant to return and Thoros before being killed will say they resurrected your brother in Kings Landing.

Arya will obviously escape the waif, kill her and then possibly kill Jaqen before heading back. The waif is no one, she is Arya Stark etc.

Bran will head south with the mark. The Nights King will probably shatter the wall. It is why they showed us that earthquake scene.

Brienne serves Lady Sansa now. Jaime had an oath to protect and deliver Sansa home. They will squabble and Jaime will either die by her hand etc. Sansa probably sent that letter to Littlefinger who will show up at the last second with the Knights of the Vale etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
Brienne serves Lady Sansa now. Jaime had an oath to protect and deliver Sansa home. They will squabble and Jaime will either die by her hand etc. Sansa probably sent that letter to Littlefinger who will show up at the last second with the Knights of the Vale etc.

Or Jaime will take his army north, pledge fealty to the King in the North and march to the capital to defeat the High Sparrow's army and his sister.

I can still dream for that Kingslayer redemption arc, can't I?

Where is Clegane going? To fight brotherhood without banners? But why bring them in the story now? Where is this extra plot going?

The faith need somebody to fight zombie mountain. It just happens that Clegane is now on team faith.

The rest writes itself... after a couple more years of course.

She did, which was the wrong thing for "no one". So it stands to reason the Waif is being tested as well, although not by Arya.

Inevitably it'll come to a showdown and Jaqen will decide to kill one of them. He'll kill the Waif as the "failure" and explain the whole nobody thing is kind of bullshit and not to worry about it.

Aiii

So not worth it
oh wow. never thought about that. lmao cersei's so fucked.

You must've not been around last week...
If only we knew a character from the books that was as strong as the mountain and had a personal beef with him that currently resided on a isle with a priest of the faith that could surprise appear to fight him on the faith's behest.
Though pretty much half the thread was calling for it.

Maybe it was more of a surprise in the no-book thread, but the common TV-trope remains: If they don't die on-screen, they're most likely alive.

Which is why it never made sense Stannis died off-screen.

Aiii

So not worth it
Clegane doesn't beat up frail little girls that can't fight for shit though, he protects them and asks them for songs.

Kuroyume

Banned
SANDORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

MOTHERFUCKING YES

This episode gave me life. Seeing his face reveal at the beginning. Picking up the ax at the end. So happy to see my favorite character back.

What an awesome episode. I am legitimately happy with every storyline that appeared in this episode. Lovely confrontation between Olenna and Cersei. The Jaimie vs Blackfish scene was nice for what it was. The Starks going from house to house was excellent. Lyanna Mormont was fucking great. Fantastic child actor. The Theon and Yara scene was really sentimental. Really starting to hope Theon gets some sort of redemption. And, the attack on Arya at the end was really exciting.

Episode hit all the right spots for me to make a great episode. And it did so without any huge battle scene which is pretty remarkable since lately those tend to be the ones that get the most love.

Desmond

Who, Rob or Jon/Sansa?

The neck where the reed are way the fuck down south. They are also mormont level of small. Also, their castle floats in a swamp and can't be tough to find.

Jon and Sansa.

I really wish Robb's letter/will would show up. It would make recruiting people to Jon's cause so easy haha

You must've not been around last week...

Though pretty much half the thread was calling for it.

Maybe it was more of a surprise in the no-book thread, but the common TV-trope remains: If they don't die on-screen, they're most likely not alive.

Which is why it never made sense Stannis died off-screen.

ah I just post and lurk on the same page i was in lol. but yeah it's obvious now that y'all mention it.

Apt101

Theon can lead the Unsullied when he gets to Meereen.

All jokes aside, Theon was trained by Ned Stark, was a wonderful archer, and can still summon some small sympathy from the Ironborn. He may end up being more important than he seems.

Also, Cleganebowl is 150% confirmed.

You know shit's going down when a Thrones episode starts with a cold open. :lol

Good show, better than last week. The Hound reveal had me grinning like an idiot. Season of dreams.

Jon and Sansa getting 62 men from the Mormonts was priceless.

I'm wondering what the twist in Arya's story will be. There's got to be more going on.

Branduil

Episode should be titled "The North Forgets" LOL.

So is Margaery pretending to be loyal to the faith to protect her brother or so she can strike against them?

It just doesn't make any sense and they've run out of time to explain it.

She is very obviously playing along.

Henkka

Banned
Waif is Arya, she (waif) is killing a rogue student who is using Aryas face.

Symbolically killing herself

That would be wild, a twist that could only work on the TV show. You can't really disguise the identity of a POV character in the books.

But yeah, obviously not going to happen.

Did someone give Nikolaj Coster-Waldau an acting coach?

He's been playing Jaime with some balls. The only thing missing is the big fuck you to Cersei.

Nikolaj has been spot on from day one. He was one of the MVP's of Seasons 2 and 3. The writing is what derailed Jaime as a character, not the acting.

Kuroyume

Banned
As happy as I am that Dorne appears to be done, it kind of bugs me how Jaimie, Cersie, and Tommen appear to be over Myrcella's death. Oh she died and we're over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom