• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Season 7, Episode 1: A Dream of Spring
Season 7, Episode 7 (the series finale): A Time for Wolves

Written by David Benioff and Dan Weiss

Iksenpets

Banned
Speculation:
Has to be Drogon. Dany's back in town.

It could be one of the other two dragons, after Tyrion unchained them. I could see the dragons going nuts and the masters trying to kill them being the trigger that sets the city into chaos. Or it could be that something else has happened to break the peace, and the masters have started firing trebuchets, but it doesn't seem like there's enough time to develop that. I doubt we get Dany back until the very end once things have gone to shit. She has to have an enemy to smash upon arrival.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I can't see Jon winning, he'd essentially have the north back for the Starks. Unless they immediately have Lannisters attack them.

And then who do I root for.

Handy Lanny or Dead Snow?
Jon's reward for winning back the North is to be ground zero for the White Walker invasion.

Even when the Starks win, they lose.

I love this post. It brings me great joy.

A man agrees
lovejoy_22.jpg

Moff

what bothers me the most about the main quest are all these talks about "we need to defeat the boltons to be united, under the boltons the north is divided"
but that's not true, is it? if that were true why do they have such a hard time finding allies? THEY are dividing the north, not the boltons, wouldn't it make much more sense to support the boltons for the fight against the undead? now because of the starks at least half the northern soldiers will die during the bastardbowl.

Jayof9s

Jon is going to win and the brief respite from bad news will turn to horror as the wall comes down or some kind of attack by the Others whoops some ass and makes it look hopeless

His parting quip to Edd about "Don't let the wall fall down while I'm gone" cemented that it will be happening, even if it is delayed until next season. I could see that being a season finale type moment too though.

duckroll

what bothers me the most about the main quest are all these talks about "we need to defeat the boltons to be united, under the boltons the north is divided"
but that's not true, is it? if that were true why do they have such a hard time finding allies? THEY are dividing the north, not the boltons, wouldn't it make much more sense to support the boltons for the fight against the undead? now because of the starks at least half the northern soldiers will die during the bastardbowl.

Not true. The Boltons have not united the North, they have simply made many houses too afraid to act. Most of the houses turning Jon and Sansa down are not going to be fighting against them. They just don't want to fight, period. In an oppressed state, if the Boltons were to call to arms against the White Walkers, they would be sorely lacking in support. Without the Boltons, and with a true Northern house leading the North again, there would be more troops, higher motivation, etc.

As for suggesting the Starks join with the Boltons.... roflmao.

Moff

Not true. The Boltons have not united the North, they have simply made many houses too afraid to act. Most of the houses turning Jon and Sansa down are not going to be fighting against them. They just don't want to fight, period. In an oppressed state, if the Boltons were to call to arms against the White Walkers, they would be sorely lacking in support. Without the Boltons, and with a true Northern house leading the North again, there would be more troops, higher motivation, etc.

As for suggesting the Starks join with the Boltons.... roflmao.

with supporting the boltons I obviously mean the other houses, not the starks.
I just don't see why you would kill moer than half of the norths soldiers if your endgame is to stop the white walkers. just fight that battle with the boltons.

TheStars

Banned
It could be one of the other two dragons, after Tyrion unchained them. I could see the dragons going nuts and the masters trying to kill them being the trigger that sets the city into chaos. Or it could be that something else has happened to break the peace, and the masters have started firing trebuchets, but it doesn't seem like there's enough time to develop that. I doubt we get Dany back until the very end once things have gone to shit. She has to have an enemy to smash upon arrival.

preview spoilers:

looks like when tyrion looks up at the brazier on the ceiling might indicate that dany is back with drogon

Speevy

Banned
This is a bit far-fetched, and it's not based on any leaks at all, but what if the following happens?

-Jaime tells Brienne about Littlefinger's deal with Cersei to recapture the north
-Brienne returns to Sansa and tells her
-Sansa executes Littlefinger after his assistance with the battle.

Gigglepoo

-Sansa executes Littlefinger after his assistance with the battle.

That's going to happen at some point in the books, right?

"And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow." -- Ghost of High Heart

Who knows if the show will follow suit but it seems inevitable in the books.

Free_Cities.png

Aryas in Braavos, Theon is in Volantis.

I don't think they're that crazy with the portal devices yet.

Littlefinger gets from the North to Kingslandng (roughly the span of the continental US if the estimates that Westeros=South America in size are correct) roughly once a week it seems. I'm sure Arya with her skills can do it in half the time.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
taking time out of finishing the book he's been writing for years to spoil the ending via tv show? ya that would cause some anger

even if martin had finished twow before season 6, it's not like there would have been any chance for the book series to end before the show. as for martin actually writing the series finale, obviously whatever happens will depend on what went on before on the show, so whatever book spoilers the finale will have will most likely be there regardless of who is writing it. it's not like martin could add something totally out of the left field at that point.

i doubt d&d would want anyone else to write the finale, though. unless the real last episode is the penultimate one and the last is some kind of epilogue. that would either be very bold or very stupid.

What's up with over a million more viewers for this episode compared to last, it's not like this one had any specific hype going for it. Ep 6 was pretty low compared to rest of the season so I'm surprised it jumped up so much before the final episodes.

Hazmat

What's up with over a million more viewers for this episode compared to last, it's not like this one had any specific hype going for it. Ep 6 was pretty low compared to rest of the series so I'm surprised it jumped up so much before the final episodes.

Last week was Memorial Day weekend.

Gigglepoo

I guess if kinslaying doesn't matter anymore neither do oaths.

It's funny that the one place where a book character takes oaths more seriously than a show character is in Jon's story. In the show, they try to make Jon as close to a carbon copy of Ned as possible whereas in the books he has no problem marching to Winterfell or marrying a Wilding chieftain to a Northern house or helping Stannis acquire allies or promoting a Wilding to one of his main consults or giving Wildings castles to rule over or giving Stannis and his wife a castle of his own. He does "what's right" no matter the cost.

Although show Jon did go to Hardhome and let Wildings past the wall. I'm sure a lot of people thought those actions went against their oaths.

Speevy

Banned
Oh really? I guess Balon is much younger than his actor then.

Something to remember also is that all the book Stark children, I suppose including their ward are younger than 15.

Alfie Allen is almost 30.

The silliness comes from the actors, but drawings of Euron depict him like this.

350px-A_Feast_for_a_Crow.jpg

and Balon like this

350px-King_Balon_Throne.jpg

rando14

If he doesn't it better be for a reason other than keeping him as fookin' prisoner..

My guess is that Ramsay will die near the end of this season, then euron might assume some villain-like duties next season and eventually die, and ultimately the night king will assume the final villain role as the show begins to close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom