• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
A damp wooden platform stands in the fog, with the quivering, terrified Lothar and Black
Walder Frey secured to their nooses. Thoros and the brotherhood watch silently. Something begins to stir...

"She don't speak...but she remembers..." A horrifying form materializes from the mist.

Nymeria the direwolf trots up and kicks the buckets from their feet, hanging them.

lol

Few finds on the internet:

UYOg4Ye.png

We've reached the stage where the seven pointed star sigil above the throne is now relevant :)

Scenes from show that we haven't seen yet:

SPOILERS
https://i.imgur.com/mhvpqZg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/92bpW3r.jpg
SPOILERS

This shit is good:

EP 8 SPOILERS

http://www.thegrumpyfish.com/detail-episode-8-preview-may-given-away-characters-death/

Hype

Hello everyone, I'm long time lurker, first time poster whose GAF account just got approved. Well, after reading the OP of both this thread and the other one I believe this is the place I need to be since I've read all the books several times now. I have to say this season so far has been a mixed bag for me but I withholding judgment until it's over since I feel like the showrunners are trying to carve out their own path at this point so some bumps are expected.

*cough* Dorne.

But, I think we'll have a better picture of where things are headed by season's end.

Speevy

Banned
Hello everyone, I'm long time lurker, first time poster whose GAF account just got approved. Well, after reading the OP of both this thread and the other one I believe this is the place I need to be since I've read all the books several times now. I have to say this season so far has been a mixed bag for me but I withholding judgment until it's over since I feel like the showrunners are trying to carve out their own path at this point so some bumps are expected.

*cough* Dorne.

But, I think we'll have a better picture of where things are headed by season's end.

Welcome.

I think everyone's opinion of this season will depend largely on how the Battle of the Bastards goes, and what the aftermath in KL is, plus what teases they give us for the Battle for the Dawn next season.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm a bit late with this but eh
PBF006-TAOTMWNP.gif

this was probably my favorite episode of this season so far. Man, Aria though - they can freaking put on the faces of dead people you should know you did it yourself god you are stupid

and I really liked those Hound scenes. Too bad that community lasted all of one episode

Speevy

Banned
They definitely toned down the tits part of the tits and dragons proposition.

Has there been more than one scene that was even remotely sexual?

Aside from the language this could have aired on any channel. Oh, and Joffrey's balls.

They definitely toned down the tits part of the tits and dragons proposition.

Has there been more than one scene that was even remotely sexual?

Aside from the language this could have aired on any channel. Oh, and Joffrey's balls.

Well, not two episodes before we got an extreme close up of a penis for some reason.

I hope someone kills Euron. This show has had enough villains.

Kill the best character in the books? Not ugh.

Massa

This thread in 2016: sick of Ramsay, always the evil guy, always winning.

This thread in 2017: sick of Euron, raping and torturing his own, gratuitous woman violence.

This thread in 2025: oh my god TWOW is so good you guys!

This thread in 2016: sick of Ramsay, always the evil guy, always winning.

This thread in 2017: sick of Euron, raping and torturing his own, gratuitous woman violence.

This thread in 2025: oh my god TWOW is so good you guys!

To be fair, the violence in the books usually makes sense and isn't just thrown in gratuitously.

Speevy

Banned
Arya had never looked over in the direction of the 900 foot statue that you can see from any point in the city.

All of her training counted for nothing.

To be fair, the violence in the books usually makes sense and isn't just thrown in gratuitously.

Maybe reading words on a page isn't as impactful to some as seeing it on the screen, but the idea that George's world isn't filled to the brim with relentless violence and brutality at nearly every turn just...isn't the case.

Speevy

Banned
The opening scene of episode 7 is like a medieval coffee commercial.

Either that, or Ian Mcshane is running for president and he wants to show you that he's one of the regular folks.

Speevy

Banned
They seriously made Lord Wyman Manderly, the most loyal Stark bannerman who ever lived, not commit to the battle.

I'm speechless.

Kain

At least it isn't Davos. I'm sure D and D wrestled with the idea of giving him another fatherly scene.

Davos' last act this season will be to unite Brienne and Tormund once Jaime ditches her. Mark my words.

I would feel pity for book Brienne after the ditching, but I currently hate show Brienne so screw her and her failed love story with Jaime.

Hey here's a link to a RUMOUR of a spoiler regarding later in the season

I've made it a short URL so you won't spoil yourself if you accidentally hover over it:

Jon as KitN? Laaaaame.

Continued below, but with other spoilers included.

From the sounds of it he's going to lose the Battle for Winterfell until LF & the Vale turn up anyway so why the hell should he deserve to be crowned?

Speevy

Banned
I may only be a crabber's son, but I remember when Stannis said that sleepin' with some tavern wench wasn't Ned Stark's way.

And if sleepin' around wasn't Ned Stark's way, then R plus L must be J your grace.

Brakke

Banned
Hey here's a link to a RUMOUR of a spoiler regarding later in the season

I've made it a short URL so you won't spoil yourself if you accidentally hover over it:

http://bit.ly/1XCVh7f

Putting urls behind spoiler tags is the devil's work. If you tap to reveal them in mobile, you are immediately redirected without realizing it was a url. The shortening accomplishes the obfuscation already.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I may only be a crabber's son, but I remember when Stannis said that sleepin' with some tavern wench wasn't Ned Stark's way.

And if sleepin' around wasn't Ned Stark's way, then R plus L must be J your grace.
I really do love how you get into the heads of the characters.

I wonder if D&D believe the show is better than the books.
I don't think they even consider this question. They've done a remarkable job adapting what has been written, and they're doing what they can with material that is still being written, of which they only know the very main beats for certain characters.

They can't control the speed of which Martin writes, and so they're doing what they can with what they know, which is going to take them in different directions.

I don't even compare the two, in trying to measure one to another as a success or failure. I do like to draw parallels and intersects, because it's fascinating watching two paths being forged to what will be the same destination.

We're getting more to enjoy, in the end. Of course, the books are the numero uno for me in this series, but I really like how they've handled the show.

Is it better? Is it worse? Neither, I say. It just is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom